Who is the veteran longest smoker?

I’m dreaming of the day it becomes legal, although I’ve been flying under the radar for so long I’m not sure if I will change anything i do if it ever becomes legal.
You wont or I didn't !! I always treated marijuana laws, as unjust, so I ignored them. unfortunately, that cost me 5 yrs. of my freedom. I never thought I'd live to see it legalized, but it's now legal in Ma.. I call this, legalization with stipulations !! Or partial legalization !! The people who jailed you, will now be your supplier. This is all about who makes the $$ !!

Do they put you in jail for simple possession or were you growing or selling?
(I know that this is a personal question. Just wondering about US laws )
Have a nice day! :ciao:
I was caught selling 10 bricks of Mexican weed to undercover agent. 1968-1773 !! Wasted yrs. !!

I haven't got used to this growing legal. I'm still looking over my shoulder, bringing in my bags of soil, after dark, so my drunk ass neighbors don't see. Worrying about the nosey mailman seeing the return address on some of my hydro supplies & my Amsterdam mail. It was way more fun, when it was illegal !! Ha !! You know I'm lying, now !!

The price of cannabis will be under $100 an oz., by this time next year, so It's not worth growing it to sell even now. But It's still cheaper to grow for your own needs. I'm waiting for the Industry involved with growing cannabis, lights, nutrients, tents, etc., to come down to earth with their prices, reflecting the market price of cannabis. And, when you grow your own, you have more direct control over what you put in your body. To me, growing anything is stimulating !!

Look to Oregon and see your future. They are in that flooded market right now and folks are selling weed for $1/gm.

Need a part time job and I'd rather feed my worms instead of $1/gm - we paid more than that in 1975 a zip of Mexican seeded.

Farmers are not supposed to have to go thru this shit with fluctuating prices. Wait until the local farmers start growing hemp for fiber and SEEDS. There goes everyone's outdoor crop maybe indoor too.

This is going to turn into the wild green west, wait it's already there (thankfully).

New Weed Problems

1968-1773 !! Wasted yrs. !! ....nice!
Look to Oregon and see your future. They are in that flooded market right now and folks are selling weed for $1/gm.

Need a part time job and I'd rather feed my worms instead of $1/gm - we paid more than that in 1975 a zip of Mexican seeded.

Farmers are not supposed to have to go thru this shit with fluctuating prices. Wait until the local farmers start growing hemp for fiber and SEEDS. There goes everyone's outdoor crop maybe indoor too.

This is going to turn into the wild green west, wait it's already there (thankfully).

New Weed Problems
You'd never know it, by the price of supplies ?

Hope you're luckier than in Quebec, where they ran out of grass on the third day of sale. What a bunch of amateurs! :hmmmm: :hmmmm:

They did that here in Pa too. State law was for concentrates only and only licensed grows. Mainly all new growers. Gave the growers 6 months and opened dispensary doors. . Well hahaha guess how fast they ran out of concentrates. Oppps.

Soon as they said concentrates only I started another grow. They quickly changed the law to allow flowers but only for VAPing. hahahaha that's soo funny.

Here's a good one now. State Universities asked to be able to "study" cannabis so they all got grow licenses free with the ability to sell off (open a dispensary) the excess.

Poor poor little private growers got a pantie twist. Ouch that had to hurt. Grower license in Pa was like $500K - cash.

The world we live in.

Man I'm feeling older with all this. If you asked me 40 years ago what would the world look like post cannabis prohibition. Non of the hydro gizmo, corporate grow houses 100s of K square feet, dispensaries, non of this wood have crossed my mind. Hell even indoor grow wasn't a thing.

Prolly 40 years ago I'd have thought the farmers would just grow a field of it alongside everything else. Maybe cut back on the corn a little bit.

Thinking the government setting up another black market so they have something for law enforcement to do in dem back woods places. (thats my weed talkin). :passitleft:

You'd never know it, by the price of supplies ?

That's whats going to change things. Well 1 of them. Small business already organized. Gonna be a fight with BigAg and BigPharma. Drugs win every time.

So far.... :reading420magazine:

Oh wait a minute, what about organic farmers self sustainable.

Be cool to see a drone overhead pic of a home with hemp on 3 sides planted growing outdoors and walk inside and there's so top shelf growing in the spare room. :high-five:

That's whats going to change things. Well 1 of them. Small business already organized. Gonna be a fight with BigAg and BigPharma. Drugs win every time.

So far.... :reading420magazine:

Oh wait a minute, what about organic farmers self sustainable.

Be cool to see a drone overhead pic of a home with hemp on 3 sides planted growing outdoors and walk inside and there's so top shelf growing in the spare room. :high-five:
I'm wondering if those hemp fields will pollinate our indoor grows also ?

Do they put you in jail for simple possession or were you growing or selling?
(I know that this is a personal question. Just wondering about US laws )
Have a nice day! :ciao:
I grow for personal use only, and only 4 plants at a time, but I’m not allowed to grow any by law in my state. Here it’s up to the individual states wether or not we’re allowed to grow. And in my state if it ever does become legal thay want to make every dime in taxes that thay can! hence no growing period.

I grow for personal use only, and only 4 plants at a time, but I’m not allowed to grow any by law in my state. Here it’s up to the individual states wether or not we’re allowed to grow. And in my state if it ever does become legal thay want to make every dime in taxes that thay can! hence no growing period.
Just be careful Bud !!

In 1973 or 74, my brother who had recently come back from the service, was on our back porch cleaning a quarter pound of Mexican. I asked if I could help and he gave me a 1/4oz for the work. I was 13 or 14. The first time I tried it, I didn't get high and wondered what the big deal was. Second time I got high as a kite. Since then I've smoked periodically. I had a high level job in the military so didn't smoke from 82 to 87 and then took a break from somewhere after a divorce in the late 90's to 2010 when I found out mmj was legal here in California. Talk about out of touch! I never completely stopped but 8th's would go bad before I could finish them. After 2010, I started growing but still smoke lightly. I love growing and sharing with friends. Been trading for really good bourbon lately lol.

:high-five: Me too - summer of '68! :slide: And since 1975, every day.

Why do you suppose no one is ever interested in finding any of us and hearing what we might have to say about it? You'd think that 50 years of experience would be worth listening to.

:bongrip:

I want to hear the old tales! I love hearing the history.

"if you forget where you come from,
you're never gonna make it where you're going"

What was the lingo back then? Did you just call it grass, weed, pot?
When did you first see someone growing it?
How did you learn about growing it and harvesting?
What was the best herb?
Who were the first celebrities you remember being smokers?
What was going on in the prohibition years 1940-1960, who was keeping the smoking culture alive?

I think it's funny talking about "when it's legal in my state" or "the law says I can only grow x amount of plants". Anyone long in the tooth has been "breaking the law" with regard to smoke for decades...it's much easier now as no one cares in California! lol

I grew up in Trinity County, CA and it's been the haven of grows for decades. Very few people even pay attention unless it's in their face. I've never been attached to marijuana and legal. Never cared what the "law" thought but I guess I can be a little bit of a rebel that way but you've got to be smart about it.

My friends neighbor, as I mentioned before, called him out on facebook for plants and called the local police department. They sent him a letter! "Please remove your plants in 30 days or we'll be forced to cite you." lol This was mid-September. Harvest time was days away so no problem!

:Namaste:

In 1973 or 74, my brother who had recently come back from the service, was on our back porch cleaning a quarter pound of Mexican. I asked if I could help and he gave me a 1/4oz for the work. I was 13 or 14. The first time I tried it, I didn't get high and wondered what the big deal was. Second time I got high as a kite. Since then I've smoked periodically. I had a high level job in the military so didn't smoke from 82 to 87 and then took a break from somewhere after a divorce in the late 90's to 2010 when I found out mmj was legal here in California. Talk about out of touch! I never completely stopped but 8th's would go bad before I could finish them. After 2010, I started growing but still smoke lightly. I love growing and sharing with friends. Been trading for really good bourbon lately lol.
Yes, the barter system is well & alive !!

I traded a1/2 lb of homegrown once for a 56 Chevy not running in 66.
The best weed back in the day was eather tie sticks or sum great Afghan hash.
MJ has lots of names same as now but weed just about covers it.
Back in the late fifty’s and sixty’s the hippy movement has been keeping it alive. But it’s been around since the beginning of history.
I started growing in junior high, a friend gave me som seeds from a bag he got from his older brother.
The first clebs I knew about was lenie Bruce, Rowen&Marten,the smothers brothers,Cheeh& Chong.

Back
Top Bottom