Who is the veteran longest smoker?

1989 here. We had a steady supply of seedy Mexican brick weed. $20 would score a quarter that weighed 10g.
Part of the joint rolling ritual was picking out the seeds and stems. Most pot smokers had holes in their shirts from a stray seed popping out of a joint.
It was interesting that the “gateway drug” never led me to do hard drugs. It was like finding out who Santa clause was.
We were brain washed in high school. Forced to watch these videos that showed Cannabis as this horrible, evil drug.

Yes there are some. I just received my mm card yesterday and will post a photo...the laws have one caveat the weed must be grown in Oklahoma so the supply has been limited. Prices are reported to be quite high.
Found one local dispensary with 9 strains ranging from35 to 60 per eighth oz

420mag definitely skews older. In most online forums I go to I'm the old guy, but here I'm just a young pup, and the elder folks here are all of my dad's generation.
I read Gr865 post to my father for inspiration lol

I don't feel so old now.
My military career put a huge damper on my smoking.
But I'll never foget being in Afghanistan. In a fire fight and stopping to pick bud. Or clearing a room with a frag and chatching a room full of pot bails on fire.

1972 I was twelve. I planted my first seeds when I was fourteen. Someone stole them before any kind of flowering. My Mom really grew way more than me. She had a nice big organic garden, and green house. She grew for me in reality. She discovered it stopped my seizures. She grew the first pot I ever had that had no seeds. I miss her.

Navy vet here as well!
:high-five:

I was in during the "piss test" era. No smoking for me from 1999-2013. Ugh!

I've smoked a few good solid tons of herb in my life, but I am 100% sure there are many here who dwarf my "training". LoL

Green days y'all!
:passitleft:

I got my "General Under Honorable Conditions" discharge from one of those piss tests in the navy. In my defence pounds of weed were only 50 bucks in the Philippines and I was on my way home for leave. 20 days later no more weed and they handed me a cup when I hit my new navel station. They had just started piss testing anytime you return from leave. Damn the Luck.

I started smoking back in '71 in the field behind my house, with some Cambodian my neighbor brought back from 'Nam. Used my Dad's brand new tobacco pipe. Got busted for it, but never looked back! Red eyes for the high guys!!

Started on my 13th birthday in '96. Smoked a ton of brick weed up until 6 years ago when I headed west..

My wife had never seen brick weed until 5 minutes ago on this very thread. Lucky duck to not know how it feels to wonder if her next bag will smell like Tide.

It would have been around 1969 or so about 8th grade . . . Even back then you never knew from bag to bag how good it would be but it was fun and cheap . . . Everyone shared . . . even with strangers . . . At concerts people wouldlight up and pass them down the row never expecting to see them again . . . Then a friend's older brother came back from Vietnam with some true Thai sticks . . . I was lucky enough to do my military time before piss tests could find THC and never really cared for other drugs . . . It's good to watch the rest of the nation catch on to what we've known for so long . . .

I haven’t been smoking the longest, but I’m not done yet
:)

I believe cannabis saved my life, or helped a lot as part of grueling treatment to send my disease into remission and keep me smoking LOL.
I’ve been toking up since high school, 1972, at 16 yo. Where I lived there was a steady stream flowing through so it was always around and part of my life. I had my life turned upside down a few times by getting busted and it’s a big reason why I live where it’s legal.
The end of cannabis prohibition will be one of the great this to happen for people in the world. I never thought it would happen, but it looks like it will.

1968 Holy hell its my 50th anniversary year. :thumb:

Ahh the good old days

:high-five: Me too - summer of '68! :slide: And since 1975, every day.

Why do you suppose no one is ever interested in finding any of us and hearing what we might have to say about it? You'd think that 50 years of experience would be worth listening to.

:bongrip:

Fuuny. I guess on this post, I'm kindof a newb. I remember my first joint too, which was 1994. My friend worked at a bakery. We got high in parking lot, then went in. I got an entire Italian bread, and proceeded to eat it all.
That was also when you could get a "nick" (nickel bag) for $5, and a dime bag was literally $10.
The quality has obviously gone up considerably since then, but DAMN.....so have the prices.

My experience in Australia has been the complete opposite.. quality has gone down along with the prices.. back then we could get ripped, conversations flowing and side cramp laughs. Colours popped.. eyes looked smashed. Food was consumed with weird combinations that worked, bacon and bannana on toast with chocolate drizzle.... I miss it...All now hybridised falling asleep weed in my circles since mid 90's here...

I haven’t been smoking the longest, but I’m not done yet
:)

I believe cannabis saved my life, or helped a lot as part of grueling treatment to send my disease into remission and keep me smoking LOL.
I’ve been toking up since high school, 1972, at 16 yo. Where I lived there was a steady stream flowing through so it was always around and part of my life. I had my life turned upside down a few times by getting busted and it’s a big reason why I live where it’s legal.
The end of cannabis prohibition will be one of the great this to happen for people in the world. I never thought it would happen, but it looks like it will.
Whaddup @Boatshoe
Long time, no see! :ciao:

How have you been?
:passitleft:

Wow! Great thread. I have been wondering where I fit in with this crowd. My first meeting with cannabis was in the fall of 1966. The first time was the start of a long and joyous path with the herb. My body responded to it like no other thing that I have encountered. I am almost 71 and am still enjoying my daily buzz and medicinal help from the weed.
Cheers!

I started in 1973, 12 years old, $10 lids, would buy a lid roll up half of it and sell joints for 50 cents each at school so I could go buy another lid. Mexican dirt weed, wohawken spears, columbian gold and a occasional thai stick in the seventies, fun times. much better weed in the eighties. I gave it all up in 1988 when I got married and started my family. I started again two years ago, kids are grown and I now have four grandchildren. I am now 57

Back
Top Bottom