Why are my babies leaves turning yellow only at the bottom?

NorthHayward

This is my first time ever growing so im not sure weather this it normal or not, but it seems that the leaves only at the bottom of the plant are turning yellow, shriveling up and falling off, is this normal? it is an out door plant about 2 and a half months old and it is already starting to flower near the top.
Photo0807.jpg

Photo0808.jpg

Photo0809.jpg

help please

Your plant doesn't look all that bad overall.

Some yellowing leaves, and them dropping off is "normal" even with plants grown in ideal situations.

Hard to tell...

Your plant almost looks like a male (?).

Those round looking, pod looking things, up at the top there - look more like male flowers (nuts, pollen sacs, whatever...).

Would help if you supply more info(nutes, watering, sun, etc., strain) and some better pics.

Well 2 weeks ago and today i watered it using Big Bud fertilizer which supplies it with Potassium Sulphate and Potassium Phosphate, I only water it when the soil is dry in the first 2 inches (which is usually every 2 days), its inside a greenhouse which gets 8 hours of sunlight a day due to a incredibly small backyard and Its Bubble Kush

Photo0806.jpg

Uh...

First, it ould be nice if you'd rotate your pics. Nobody'd rather not have to bend their neck perpendicular to the floor to look at your pics.

Second, that's a male plant and if you're thinkin 'bout smokin them male flowers, you'll be gravely disappointed.

Oh, well i have two, the others buds look different, but the male plant seems taller, heres pics of the other plant which seems to have the same problem:

Photo0810.jpg

Photo0812.jpg

Photo0811.jpg

Photo0813.jpg

Photo0814.jpg

Given your growing conditions I'd say they're doing okay.

The tallest one is definitely a male and, unless you plan on turning a female into a seed-bank rather than THC factory, needs to be removed from the same room/area/whatever that the female is in - once you've gotten a female(s), or just plain gotten rid of.

The short one looks as if it hasn't sexed yet...hard to tell.

Plenty of pics all over the internet of male vs. female to help you identify the sexes.

Okay, so i removed the male and put it on the outside of the greenhouse, I already have other seeds germinating right now but im still disappointed i thought the tall one was a female and going to bring me lots and lots of bud-___- But thanks, for answering my question and giving me the heads up before my female started making seedy weed instead of fire haha

Any plant that tall will shut down lower leaves like that. I'm actually surprised you don't have more of them considering how little light the bottom third of the plant would be getting.

Whenever a leaf goes yellow in a smooth and even way, (no yellow dots or mottling) it is usually benign.

P.S. If you want a descent yield from such vertical plants, you really should have "topped" them a few weeks ago. You can still do it and force the plant to grow out more like a bush than a lanky palm tree. ;)

Must have a lot if Sativa in the strain.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forum Runner

Okay, so i removed the male and put it on the outside of the greenhouse, I already have other seeds germinating right now but im still disappointed i thought the tall one was a female and going to bring me lots and lots of bud-___- But thanks, for answering my question and giving me the heads up before my female started making seedy weed instead of fire haha

Any male plants aren't worth keeping around. The pollen will find its way into the tent if you keep it near by. The plant is worthless for smoking and it will ruin the female.

Your plants are also tall because that is location of the lighting and you should top the plant and provide lighting from the sides. This will make the plant grow bushy and give you a lot more flowers than a stalk. Once your plent begins to flower, certain leaves, the non-sexed will die off. Basically the plant will convert areas to growing flowers and it steals the nutrients to make the flowers. Once they start to shrivel, just pull them off, they will practically fall off.

Any plant that tall will shut down lower leaves like that. I'm actually surprised you don't have more of them considering how little light the bottom third of the plant would be getting.

Whenever a leaf goes yellow in a smooth and even way, (no yellow dots or mottling) it is usually benign.

P.S. If you want a descent yield from such vertical plants, you really should have "topped" them a few weeks ago. You can still do it and force the plant to grow out more like a bush than a lanky palm tree. ;)

Must have a lot if Sativa in the strain.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forum Runner

i aggree with him on the fact the plant should ahve been toped or used LST on it. im gussing your light is very high in your room on the fact that your plants are soo freaking tall. you can get more/bigger/denser buds from light being closer to the plants and not alowing the plant to grow too fast at the top.

GOAL: make a conopy !

^ thats going to give you the best yeild for space, expecialy if your focused on one plant. right now i would take your female and use some Low Stress Training (youtube it) on the plant and you will get the middle of the plant to start to bush out more for you.

Also look up 'Topping' your plant on youtube so you can control the height of your plant!

: ) hope that helps

Back
Top Bottom