Why is my new growth two-toned?

Skeeno

I have a clone of 3 x Crazy I brought from a respected dispensary. It's just rooted into a it's new medium, Basement Mix. The leaves are two toned. It seems that this will change when the roots find what they are looking for but I'm not sure. Should I fall back a day and see what happens or is this there some kind of deficiency?
2012-08-05_16_57_51.jpg

some might agrue nute problems..

but i think thats a ph imbalance locking out out certain nutes.

my main pointer of this, is a couple twisted leaves. if you can, find a PH tester, either strip, or digital, and test the PH. you are aiming for about 7.0 in dirt, or slightly lower is fine too.

when you find out the PH, if its off... give it a good flush with PH adjusted water to a little higher/lower that 7, depending on what the current PH is.

everything should work out.

cheers.

With a slight bit more N and some azomite that will clear right up. Ive seen it on some of my plants. It gos away and they fill back in full green.

Yeah a tiny bit of yellowing like that one a leaf or two is a none issue.

Keep in mind later on you will fairly consistantly have yellowing or dead leaves at the bottom usually the bottom middle that gets almost no light. Its very normal, but when that time does come you should pick them off reguarly or else the plant will waste energy trying to repair them instead of growing new leaves and buds.

You'd be amazed how often problems fix themselves!
Just on the subject of nutrients, though.
If you had been having a nitrogen problem, you would have yellow starting from the outside of the leaf going inward, showing primarily between the veins and probably wouldn't be on your newer growth.
When you have yellowing moving from the center outward on new growth it is very likely a micro nutrient problem.
But as long as you don't end up with dark brown lower leaves, then more N ain't gonna hurt nothin' while you're in veg!

Back
Top Bottom