Why pistil turning color after 2weeks?

SmokingGood61

okay i got 1 ww(white widow ) and 1 sw(snow white) growing. both female and been in the flowering stage for 2 week and 3 days and i notice on ww that one but site the pistil is turning reddish and i think brown a lil if i remember right. but every other bud site is fine.

im growing in a 2'7''x4'11''x6'7 grow tent with 600w mh/hps grow light &2 inline fans (165cfm) but 1 got a filter on it. aslo i have a oscillating fan running and a humidifier running

im feeding them advance nutes. grow,micro,bloom aslo i have b-52 but cant use yet . im only feeding my plant 1/2 of what it says to put.

right now its one the night cycle so i cant post any pictures

Re: why pistil turning color after 2weeks ?

okay i got 1 ww(white widow ) and 1 sw(snow white) growing. both female and been in the flowering stage for 2 week and 3 days and i notice on ww that one but site the pistil is turning reddish and i think brown a lil if i remember right. but every other bud site is fine.

im growing in a 2'7''x4'11''x6'7 grow tent with 600w mh/hps grow light &2 inline fans (165cfm) but 1 got a filter on it. aslo i have a oscillating fan running and a humidifier running

im feeding them advance nutes. grow,micro,bloom aslo i have b-52 but cant use yet . im only feeding my plant 1/2 of what it says to put.

right now its one the night cycle so i cant post any pictures

Unless you have the humidifier pointed at that one bud site, she could be going hermie on you. Once the pistils get pollen on them they turn a rust color and disappear, then the calyx will swell up as the seed forms inside, and yes it can happen to just one bud site. Don't know for sure without a pic but it is usually how it happens. Put up a pic when you can, it will help alot.

Ahhh smokin I'm sorry but the dizzle is right... I just went through it....hermies... Ive kept my sacks almost none...and it seems to have made a difference... I'm still getting great lookin buds and they are still fur-ing out for me...ive seen seeds forming but not all over the buds... Some buds don't even have seeds...so it's a bummer my man sorry, and your gonna have to make the best of it....follow through and you will still get great smoke....:peace:

Unless you have the humidifier pointed at that one bud site, she could be going hermie on you. Once the pistils get pollen on them they turn a rust color and disappear, then the calyx will swell up as the seed forms inside, and yes it can happen to just one bud site. Don't know for sure without a pic but it is usually how it happens. Put up a pic when you can, it will help alot.

ohh welll my humidifier was close to that one budsite & it was in front of the fan
but imma post a pic soon cause my grow is still on its night cycle . got a prob with heating so day is night and night is day to my plants. ill keep you updated ..imma pray hope its not hermie lol :adore: :bigtoke:

what to do if it was hermie ?

sorry dont really have a good cam :(
aslo i put these to flower early because i want to use my hydro system

IMG002282.JPG

IMG002331.JPG

Smoking keep checking the Internodes just below the bud and the branch...do you see balls yet?... You might have to pull back a couple of buds to find them.....I just plucked them off... I know it was too late for me but some of my buds have no seeds so maybe it worked.....I had 11 plants though so it's been a nightmare... And what can I do....my buds still look so dope and I'm still a proud papa....keep your head up....:ciao:

no , no ball sacks, imma keep an eye for that though.

& well my humidifier was kinda close to those couple of bud sites and it was in front of the fan.

I see from your pics there is a little bit of browning almost like they got wet or too moist. Also if you touch them even by accident the pistils could do what you are saying. If she is a hermie those pistils will be totally rust color and then fall off. The calyx will start to look like a seed. You will know in a few days if it is.

Back
Top Bottom