Why Pot smokers need to show ZERO TOLERANCE

Purple Goose

Well I was watching an incredible speech by Bill Maher at a NORML fund raiser and he made some just awesome pointsn about how we need to start acting. Like every other activist in the world we have a cause and we are willing to fight for it but we have one essential flaw as a community we are open minded and tolerant of others and there way of thinking, But we need to be just as intolerant and show ZERO Tolerance for Any negative conantations about Cannabis or Cannabis Smokers.

Think about it these days it is innapropriate to make jokes about seal hunting, or clear cutting the rainforest, black joke minority jokes , religious jokes and the list goes on but we the cannabis smokers are still to this day still made out to be mindless idiots who only care about puffing on a doob all day but the truth is we have to stay indoors to do this or we risk going to jail I would much rather be outside enjoying nature but I have to hide like a rat in a back alley and thats if I am lucky enough not to be caught and thrown in jail while the cops verify my legality to posses. And I am the lucky one there are so many others who are just as elegible to use cannabis as medication but they are unable to find DR's who will support them. It is ridiculous how we let our own people be thrown in jail for somehting as benign as cannabis and it really make me angy to think how just because I was able to find a good Dr I can have relief but how many others are as bad off as me and are getting busted just because they were trying to find relief.

We need to start standing up for our rights and start being just as intolerant as everyone else out there and all there bullshit causes , we have a right to respect and we deserve to be treated with respect, people need to start to understand that the stoopid stoner they think we all are mainly because of how Tommy chong decided to write about hem was not a joke on stoners cause we know we arent like that it was a joke towards the uneducated masses who think thats what a stoner looks like think about it if they really went looking for people who looked and acted like cheech and chong they wouldnt find any.

But it is time we start acting more like everyday citizens and stand up for what we believe, but we cant be tolerant anymore and say "we wont use the white mans evil ways like the indians" we have to use them now and it all comes down to marketing if we continue to allow people to lump anyone who smokes pot into a group as unwashed imbeciles we need to let them know we wont stand for it when someone makes a joke about supporting the drug war be offended and let them know that there disregard for the fact that cannabis is the only drug that doesnt kill anyone and it illegal and we have been wasting money for 40 y ears now trying to get rid of something that the people obviously want. We need to be offended if someone makes a joke about smoking pot and we have to not hide the fact we smoke pot there are alot of people in North america who smoke pot but will never admit to it or stand up with us until they are sure they wont be labled.

We all know that our govt will not put the legalization of cannabis to a vote till pushed and I think one good way would be to have every single person who agreed that cannabis should be legal to work together to do a campaign letting everyone know if they agree with cannabis legalization to fly a small pot leaf flag from the car attenae on the same day. Something like that would get peoples attention especially if it was campaigned for a long time and news crews were looking out for it on the day it was supposed to happen if there was a mass majority of vehicles everywhere with a flag it would get the right attention.

I disagree. I'd say at least half the jokes i hear about MJ users is about how much we talk about it and are obsessed with it. When's the last time you successfully argued and forced someone to believe something? Probably doesn't happen that often if I was going to guess. Telling people it's not bad isn't the answer, although it has a place (government and other such "official" organizations).

99% of the time you talk to someone about legalizing weed, they either already agree with you, or think you're annoying and can't think/talk about anything but weed.

Lead by example. Show them weed doesn't make you lazy or stupid by not being those things. Live a quality, successful life, and the results will speak for themselves. Anyone can say weed doesn't make you lazy, go out and show it!

Imagine 10 years from now if the 50 most successful people in the US revealed they blazed up every day. I personally think that would be a much better incentive to change things than a few stoners picketing with signs about how we can't take a joke.

Also lol at comparing weed being illegal to seal clubbing and environmental destruction. Not exactly the same ethical implications there brah.

Cateros said:
thats what a stoner looks like think about it if they really went looking for people who looked and acted like cheech and chong they wouldnt find any.
They couldn't find a cheech and chong? Dude have you looked around? Most stoners i've met are pretty typical, there's a reason the sterotypes are what they are. Does weed cause laziness or failure? No, but a lot of lazy ass failures smoke weed.

We need to start standing up for our rights and start being just as intolerant as everyone else out there and all there bullshit causes , we have a right to respect and we deserve to be treated with respect, people need to start to understand that the stoopid stoner they think we all...

... we have to not hide the fact we smoke pot there are alot of people in North america who smoke pot but will never admit to it or stand up with us until they are sure they wont be labled.

We all know that our govt will not put the legalization of cannabis to a vote till pushed and I think one good way would be to have every single person who agreed that cannabis should be legal to work together to do a campaign letting everyone know if they agree with cannabis legalization to fly a small pot leaf flag from the car attenae on the same day. Something like that would get peoples attention especially if it was campaigned for a long time and news crews were looking out for it on the day it was supposed to happen if there was a mass majority of vehicles everywhere with a flag it would get the right attention.

Very well articulated my Canadian friend!! It has been too long since we last spoke as I was Busted and held on MMJ charges. I wanted to say hello but after reading this I had to say hello and THANKS.
I will fly any Cannabis flag, march on Washington, anything at all to end the foolish Prohibition that we have endured since the Nixon Administration launched the War on drugs, created the DEA, and began sending billions of American dollars overseas to unstable goverments bribing them to change centuries old law and declare Marijuana illegal.
+Rep
:nicethread::goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom