Will my girl recover?

Cheers guys.. Iv been very lucky with my grows all but a couple. Think Iv had 10 good ones and 2 Grows that suffered a bit of bud rot on a couple of buds but never really came across many problems apart from keeping the heat down in the summer. After this one though I want to try cmh lights as Iv heard they are getting great results and cooler temps.

Nute burn and leaf damage like that can go hand in hand. Nutrients are salts and if- as you say and as it looks- you overfed them before, then this scenario would make sense to me.
Have you been watering and feeding with runoff regularly? I read Cultivator say you don't need runoff, but -with respect to his greater experience, that hasn't been my experience- and i find it certainly doesn't hurt to have a good runoff once in a while if not every time.
Toxic salts buildup damages the leaves -does what salt does- and dries things up. Areas closest to the light can get roasted the most.
I'm not much of an overfeeder but I certainly did toast a plant or two in my life and had them look and act like yours are.
Make sure,if you're flushing, that she's fed right after- obviously at a lower strength than what caused the burn.

My plants are generally within 12" or less of my 600s. Depending on circumstances- they usually have to get much closer even than that to burn- but it depends on how much they're being fed and how badly I'm screwing up a few other factors.

Cheers guys.. Iv been very lucky with my grows all but a couple. Think Iv had 10 good ones and 2 Grows that suffered a bit of bud rot on a couple of buds but never really came across many problems apart from keeping the heat down in the summer. After this one though I want to try cmh lights as Iv heard they are getting great results and cooler temps.
I didn't know about the cooler temps. I figured they all ran the same approximate temps.

I can't do hot where I'm located.....

Nute burn and leaf damage like that can go hand in hand. Nutrients are salts and if- as you say and as it looks- you overfed them before, then this scenario would make sense to me.
Have you been watering and feeding with runoff regularly? I read Cultivator say you don't need runoff, but -with respect to his greater experience, that hasn't been my experience- and i find it certainly doesn't hurt to have a good runoff once in a while if not every time.
Toxic salts buildup damages the leaves -does what salt does- and dries things up. Areas closest to the light can get roasted the most.
I'm not much of an overfeeder but I certainly did toast a plant or two in my life and had them look and act like yours are.
Make sure,if you're flushing, that she's fed right after- obviously at a lower strength than what caused the burn.
Yeh it was stupid mistake I made over feeding them. I was talking to the missis and having a spliff so weren’t paying attention. Iv never burnt any of plants before.
I always water till run off with coco soil then don’t feed them again until they are pretty dry. Again, this is what I find works for me but might not be right. Iv used wilmas in the past but now I just hand water because it’s easy enough with just 4 plant which I usually do and Iv got better results. I’m only doing 3 this time as I’m using the same strain incredible bulk and it was very cramped in my tent with 4.

My plants are generally within 12" or less of my 600s. Depending on circumstances- they usually have to get much closer even than that to burn- but it depends on how much they're being fed and how badly I'm screwing up a few other factors.
Are you using a Gavita?

Are you using a Gavita?
Sorry to keep pestering but what would be better. Lowering my wattage to say 500w and lowering the light a couple of feet or keep it on 600w and drop it just 1 foot? Iv always kept it 12” with my hps lights but I got told to hang this Gavita 4ft above my plants?? I’m new to this light so not to sure lol. Cheers

Are you using a Gavita?
Whoops missed that. No - just regular Hps and Mh.
Four feet above the plants? Really?
That sounds extreme. But I don't know...

I do grow in coco sometimes though it's not my main thing- so not an expert- but everything I know and have read says not to let it dry out.

Generally speaking a dimmed bulb is less efficient- so you're going to get a lesser percentage of usable light for your power expense.
Can't really help you on the specifics of that light, but I mostly dim for young seedlings, or when I want to slow down growth. When I want plants to grow faster I crank the ballast to maximum. A 600w light dimmed to 400w really seems to lose a lot. Feels like a 300w light in terms of plant growth.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that intuitively I don't think you would gain much by dimming to 500 and moving it closer, as opposed to keeping it within the ideal range and at 600w

Whoops missed that. No - just regular Hps and Mh.
Four feet above the plants? Really?
That sounds extreme.
I do grow in coco sometimes though it's not my main thing- so not an expert- but everything I know and have read says not to let it dry out.
The Gavita I have is the 6/750e pro series. The 1000w Gavita they use on an industrial scale have them 8 to 9ft away!. Mine goes up to 825w but the temps would hit 90 and I reckon it would bleach the leaves. People have said though that they get better buds with using the Gavita on 600w than a normal 600w hps so i thought i would try. The reason I let it dry is so in no the roots get oxygen. I don’t let it dry completely, but i don’t keep it always wet like it would when I used a Wilma.

Coco needs to be watered daily, it will hold more than enough oxygen when fully saturated.
I use to do that but it really slowed my plants growth down. I hand water so now I just feed them when they tell me. Usually about every 3 days. I use a watering can till I get run off.. if I watered it every day do I just make sure there’s no run off?

Very young seedling in coco can be overwatered. But after they gain a little size and decent root system, they can't, and frequent watering is the way to go imho.
I’m willing to try that. I used to use a Wilma which kept the coco damp constantly but since I started hand watering Iv had better results but always used different strains so It’s not like Iv ever done a fair test.

Cultivator has an excellent thread on growing in coco. Also growpotcheaply.com has tons of video tutorials on coco. Both are a good place to start if you’re growing in coco. I’ll try and find you a link to Cults thread.

Back
Top Bottom