Will the humidity in a shed be too high to dry my harvest in?

guerrillauk

I'm an outdoor grower growing 15 plants, of various different strains, the only option i have to dry my buds is an abandoned shed located in the woods. I am able to hook up a basic electricity source to provide enough power for a small fan and dehumidifier, however would the humidity levels of a shed in the uk summer be too high to dry bud, increasing the risk of bud rot? I'm able to completely black out the entire shed windows meaning no light will enter?

Also does anyone know if a solar powered 12v car battery, linked to a battery inverter will give me enough power?
Thanks!

I'm an outdoor grower growing 15 plants, of various different strains, the only option i have to dry my buds is an abandoned shed located in the woods. I am able to hook up a basic electricity source to provide enough power for a small fan and dehumidifier, however would the humidity levels of a shed in the uk summer be too high to dry bud, increasing the risk of bud rot? I'm able to completely black out the entire shed windows meaning no light will enter?

Also does anyone know if a solar powered 12v car battery, linked to a battery inverter will give me enough power?
Thanks!
:welcome:hey i have a mate that dries his bud in a shed as far as i know he just usees a fan but with a dehumidifier going as long as you remember to seperate the buds it should be fine and funnily enough im just about to test the solar panel method you are going to try think ill sub to your thread to see ho9w you get on :high-five::Namaste::peace:

nice one dude! i thought it would be okay however i wasnt too sure, if your on Instagram follow my account; guerillagroweruk if you want to keep up to date, as i update that regularly

Hi guerrilauk and :welcome: to :420:

I was surprised to learn that you don't want the humidity too low or the outside of the bud dries too fast while the inside remains wet.

You will probably get more responses if you post your question in the FAQs forum. You may find someone has already answered it. There is also a forum dedicated to Harvest and Curing. It is one of my personal favourites.

Here are are some links to help you navigate the site. Any questions, just ask or pm! :thanks:
New Member Start Links

nice one dude! i thought it would be okay however i wasnt too sure, if your on Instagram follow my account; guerillagroweruk if you want to keep up to date, as i update that regularly

i will coz im really interested about the panels ive currently got a panel on a battery and just waiting for an inverter to see if i can run my lights and fans and stay off the grid:peace:

whats the ideal humidity level for drying then? and surely if i didn't have the dehumidifier id risk loosing my bud due to bud rot?

whats the ideal humidity level for drying then? and surely if i didn't have the dehumidifier id risk loosing my bud due to bud rot?

I can't give you a definitive answer. I read a bunch more posts, and I know some people actually use humidifiers so as not to have it too dry. I think a good general guideline would be 50%. Air circulation is also factor and, again, you don't want too much of that either. It's a bit of an art as you will discover.

Keep posting and reading! :)

alrigjht dude thanks, btw i think it was you that helped me out about the seedlings having some discoloration a few days ago, if it was i aplaud you as you saved 7 of my plants :high-five:

alrigjht dude thanks, btw i think it was you that helped me out about the seedlings having some discoloration a few days ago, if it was i aplaud you as you saved 7 of my plants :high-five:

Ricorico the lead mod gave you the first heads up I think. :)

Back
Top Bottom