Will the sun produce larger results than 1000W light...

denshead

I tried a 1000w hps buds got pretty big, but I know I can do better! Trying the Sun this time in the hopes of better results. I am using Big Bud seeds (regular),but I was reading that these should be vegged for a longer time due to the short height of this strain...is this true?

any tips to get a bigger/beefier bud?

I tried a 1000w hps buds got pretty big, but I know I can do better! Trying the Sun this time in the hopes of better results. I am using Big Bud seeds (regular),but I was reading that these should be vegged for a longer time due to the short height of this strain...is this true?

Many growers are under the impression that more light and more watts result in a bigger better plant...While lighting is a factor to take into a count there are many more variables you must factor in to your grow for better results...such as nutrients, topping and fimming, LST,etc.

aint no light briter than the sun. well maybe anuclear explosion but then again thats the sun also. as long as she gets a full day of vitamin d (the sun that is) you cant beat it.if its planted in the ground you will probabley have endless root space and a huge mj plant! if in a pot pick the biggest you can feed it love it hug it and name it georgia! thats all I got tosay about that:peace:

Every plant can only reach it's predetermined genetic potential. Your not making a plant any better by adding more light or nutrients,etc. Rather you are allowing it to reach it's genetic potential! That being said, I like to look at all these "factors" as "limitations" that will prevent you from allowing your plant to reach it's genetic potential.

Providing your plants with optimal light is important, not supplying enough will limit your plant from reaching it's full potential.

Providing your plant with the right amount of nutrients is important, not supplying enough will limit your plant from reaching it's full potential.

Providing your plant with adequate root space is important, not supplying enough will limit your plant from reaching it's full potential.

You see where I'm going with this? Every factor can limit your plant from reaching it's full potential, hence why we try to give our plant optimal conditions so in return we can get a plant as close to it's genetic potential as possible.

Yes, the sun has the "ability" to grow larger plants then a 1000w but there are also a bunch more factors that can come into play. I've seen massive cola's using 600w's & 1000w's so you may want to consider other things besides just your lighting.

Temperature, Genetics, root space, Humidity, PPM, PH, Veg time all play a role in your final product, and if any one of these are not in the adequate-optimal range it can really effect your harvest.

How high from the canopy was your 1000w and what were your grow footprint/dimensions ?

How long did you Veg for?

Vegging longer and training will dramatically increase your yield. Generally people who grow outdoors, use fewer larger plants by Vegging longer and Indoors people usually have lots of smaller plants for more harvests per year.

My girls look very healthy,I keep them in pots and progressively go bigger as they get older I am using Ionic nutes ( grow,bloom,and pk boost along with a little tiny bit of Superthrive, and the recommended dose of Sweet. I vegged them for 4 weeks. I move them in and outdoors as needed. As you mentioned strain is a relevant factor,my buddy gave me the seeds and he told me they were Big Bud seeds this is my 4th go around and the seeds I am using know are second gen. that I produced.I have had most stay within the 3 ft range but some have grown up to 4ft + with no budding until the end of their cycle. I'm not using the light this time I wanted to try the sun this time around...I think need to try a better strain....although I have gotten some good compliments on the flavor of the previous grows...I try and take the best care of my girls, that I can! I would really like to grow something unique, loks and taste wise!

Thanks for the info...so far you have been the most informative.....................Denshead

p.s. what does LST stand for?

You should get all your transplanting done in Veg before flower, you want to provide a stress-free environment during flower. That goes for training as well, all topping, Low Stress Training (LST), etc should be done in Veg with the exception of supercropping.

How long are you looking to Veg this batch outdoors? Depending on where you live you should have about 2-3 months left of Vegging

Use 5-10 gallon containers, obviously the larger the pot the more space for roots so if you can use 10 gallons then I would go for those. Or plant straight in the ground with a few gallons of good potting soil.

(LST) Or Low Stress Training is a form of plant training to get multiple colas. I tend to choose LST over topping because it does not stunt the plants growth for a few days. All you do is tie the plant over and the side shoots will start to grow up. You can continue to LST the new shoots for even more bud sites and it will increase your yield

Here is an example of a plant I LST'ed

2011-09-18_21_58_51.jpg
2011-09-18_21_58_31.jpg

Back
Top Bottom