Will this work for 1 plant?

45W Hydroponic LED Grow Light with 135Red+ 60Blue+ 30White .

Sent from my SM-G925R7 using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Not very well at all. Sorry to say but only 1/4 watt per 225 LED's just won't have the intensity needed for a decent cannabis grow. Lettuce maybe?

What size and how many watts should I be looking for..I'm thinking about switching to led

Most people say at least 50 true watts per square foot, and like fanleaf said, the individual intensity is important too. 5w LED chips are probably the lowest you'll want.

Assuming you'll have something like 4 sq ft for one plant, an LED fixture of 400w would be fine. As a general rule, LEDs draw somewhere near about a little less than half of the "equivalent watts". Just make sure it has either 5w or 10w chips in it. Some also have UV chips and/or true white chips. Both of these are nice, but not a must. Check out the LED sponsors of 420 magazine for some good ones.

EDIT: There are also two wavelengths in the "red" that plants need. I don't recall the exact nm, but a good light should have two frequencies of red. You can find them if you do a search.

What size and how many watts should I be looking for..I'm thinking about switching to led

I would look for something with a minimum of 3 watt LED modules in it. Mars Hydro is a sponsor here and their light lineup offers several very inexpensive options that can handle a single plant.
This would be the absolute minimum I would try to grow one plant with.mars hydro led grow light -reflector 48

Most people say at least 50 true watts per square foot, and like fanleaf said, the individual intensity is important too. 5w LED chips are probably the lowest you'll want.
. Just make sure it has either 5w or 10w chips in it.

3W LED's do an absolute fantastic job and are more efficient than 5 or 10w LED's to be honest. My very first grow was a single plant and yielded 7oz cured. My 3W panels can provide saturation levels of par. That's over 1500ppfd!

Myself I actually prefer 3W panels because the light is spread out over a larger coverage area with more LED's. Just me though.

Back
Top Bottom