WOLFtick3t's First Journal - Sensi NL Auto - Bathtub Grow

Thanks Breezy! Last nutrients were a week ago so it would be 10 days on Friday of fresh water with the occasional molasses kicker.

Ah good morning to all. Eh.

I watered all three mature ladies with straight water last evening. PH'ed to 6.0 and room temp. Will take some photos of the trichromes again to see if there's much change. I'm torn about the harvest date as there are lots of white pistils still. Maybe better to go the full 14 day flush for Tatianna. 4 days probably isn't a big deal but it just seems like such an important decision, haha.

image6034.jpeg

Watered Viktoria, Maria and Galina with grow nutes. Both Royal Dwarf are doing well and I'll take some baby photos of them soon, too.

Ciao for now!

Executive decision. I chopped some lower branches and small buds and harvested 21 wet grams of bud after trimming it right down. 7 grams of trim left to dry on a saucer.

Put 14 wet grams aside on paper towel on a baking rack to dry. Took the smaller bits left that added up to 7 g and let it sit in front of the fan for an hour or so. Nuked, on 20%, then 40%, then 60% with long pauses between, in bowl with moist paper towel cover until dry. 3 grams dry, or thereabouts. Was too lazy to get out the more accurate scale, haha. Say 3.5 so it's an eighth even, I think it was closer to 4 but same difference.

Test smoke from my bong about an hour ago. Then another bowl now. I'm blitzed. Taste is sort of like vape with a strange aftertaste. I can see why people get upset about quick drying a whole plant or harvest. Some diesel smell but mostly just 'green', like wet grass or something. Ash is nice and clean. Very narcotic feeling, snuck up on me a bit. Really pleasant feeling but I've been writing this for what feels like forever, lol. Keep zoning out. We buy Bubba for this sort of effect but now I realize they harvest earlier than we maybe would sometimes and that's probably why the effect is not consistent.

I average 2 to 3 grams a day and have only bought from a very good medical dispensary with what I consider nice product. I like this better, haha.

I feel great about harvesting now. Can't wait to see the wet weight and hang her to dry. And then to do something with all this sparkly trim!

Well it seems like weeks later but 84 hours or so later (I think) everything is dry and weighed and jarred for curing.

Also smoked some leftovers and while I'm a bit under on my guessed weight I'm already happy with the potency and taste and I'm told it can only get better with proper curing. Very mellow, calming, my kinda weed, haha. Can't wait to give it a final grade in a few weeks.

So dry weight! Drumroll please... 1 Oz of 'top shelf' dry bud + 1/4 Oz of 'popcorn' (stuff I quick dried or tested after drying) + 1 Oz of sugar leaf trim, dry and currently frozen for budder. The Siberians didn't add much bud but another 1/4 Oz of very potent trim (from the look). In future I'd just pull them and start over at that size but it was a useful learning experience.

84 days from seed to harvest, dried for 84 hours and a solid ounce for my troubles. Another few of those and I've more than paid for my current costs.

Will post some photos soon. Just getting organized to re-plant the four empty pots and move the current Siberian's into the flowering zone and the Royal Dwarfs into the Veg area.

Busy busy. Haven't germinated the newbies yet, maybe tonight. Splitters finally got here so I've got about 700 watts of lights between the LED's and CFL's. Decent power, 10,000 to 20,000 lumens depending on location and I'd say pretty good coverage. Still may swap out the UFO for a second 360 panel but im pretty happy with light vs heat/power equation as is.

image35904.jpg

image6289.jpeg

image6290.jpeg

Still rearranging and whatnot. Making a shelf for the left side so the youngest plants will be nice and cozy close to the daylight CFL's. Humidifier on the way. That's been the biggest issue this month.

Viktoria and Galina are both growing some nice, solid looking buds. Both Royal Dwarf plants looked a little sickly for a day or two but seem to have rebounded and started to really veg. Trimmed Maria and she is growing slowly, probably need to transplant her into a bigger pot if I want her to get much bigger.

Will be germinating two more Siberians and probably two Lemon Skunk for the tall pots.

Thanks Jim! Couldn't have done it without you :thumb: sure is nice to roll a jay with some home grown.

image6568.jpeg
image6569.jpeg

Germinated two Lemon Skunk autos from Canuk, one more Trans Siberian from Auto and my last Royal Dwarf from Royal Queen - just for you Breezy :Namaste: on Monday at midnight.

Siberian and Dwarf and one Skunk went into pots tonight at midnight. The other stubborn Skunk is still in the saucers. The speedy Lemon Skunk went in the tall 2 gallon pot. The Siberin got Tatianna's old pot.

Finally got the humidifier in place. I'll have to play with it and try not to go too high. Viktoria and Galina are not as big and opened as Tatianna was and I'd hate to start any mold.

Phew. Lots to update. Will be chopping the girls tomorrow and then I have to figure out what I have and haven't posted, haha. Royal Dwarf girls are doing very well and all else is status quo.

image7095.jpeg

image7092.jpeg

image7093.jpeg

Thanks Breezy! It's not too shabby, ahaha. We bought some new equipment and it's cool but it's been a huuuuuge pain as it keeps breaking down. Hence the flakey journal and not browsing everyone else's journals. I'm hoping it's almost resolved and I'm pumped to get back to my quest for weed self-sufficiency, haha.

I just finished dry trimming (remind me to never do that again) the final ounce from my two beautiful Siberian ladies. I'm very happy with my test smoke (alright, test quarter-ounce...) and holy mother of baby Buddha is the trim icky sticky and frosty even with my pretty dim lights.

Took a ton of notes and photos but I'm a) stoned (good sign) and b) dead on my feet, it was all I could do to sit and trim and jar the girls, so I'm just going to make some general observations so I don't forget later. I'd say my most important lesson with these two was that the plant I topped (Galina) produced much denser, frostier nugs and while she did produce less than Viktoria I believe it was more due to some early nute burn and then my failed attempt to FIM her before I topped her. I'll be germing two more Sunday at midnight and I want to top both of them and see how it goes.

As a general comment on Trans Siberian they seem to be as advertised. White like snow when grown well and a nice, narcotic sedation to the smoke. The jarred ounce (18 sorta fluffy grams from Viktoria and 10 grams of pretty dense nugs from Galina) is looking good other than even with the humidifier it's right on the edge of drying too fast. Something to think about next harvest.

The Royal Dwarf ladies and looking great. More on the, soon. I've got one Lemon Skunk growing in a tall 2G pot and maybe a Great White in the other, though it's taking its sweet time. My three-ish week old Royal dwarf and Trans Siberian are doing well. I won't top this Siberian and she can be the control for the next two.

More details and photos hopefully this weekend, haha. I took some nice macros of the Siberians.

image7236.jpeg

Da Farm

image7237.jpeg

Drying Rack

image7239.jpeg

Should have trimmed them wet...

image7240.jpeg

Viktoria

image7238.jpeg

Galina

Nice one wolf the buds are looking great. I can't believe you dry trimmed, are you mad lol!??

:goodjob:

Nice one wolf the buds are looking great. I can't believe you dry trimmed, are you mad lol!??

Thanks dude! And wow was that a bad idea, ahaha, lesson learned. Just bad on all levels. We went a little nuts though and already used up most of Galina, really a great smoke and lotta credit to you my friend :Namaste:

Not that Viktoria is bad, exactly, but I'm hoping she gets better with a longer cure :grinjoint: more on that after a photo or two...

image7511.jpeg

Stick in bottom left marks newest Siberian planted. **New light fixture, middle.

image7512.jpeg

Galina in the bottom lid and right jar, Viktoria top lid and left jar. After a short cure.

I'm still too green (harhar) a grower to know why, exactly, but the taste, appearance and look of the buds from Galina (better, denser buds, topped plant, short) and Viktoria (not topped, taller plant, harsh taste and less potent) are different to the point I doubt anyone would think they were both grown indoors let alone siblings right next to each other. Viktoria isn't awful to smoke, just a less pleasant taste and not screamingly potent. There are many more pistils on Viktoria's buds and they are uniformly less dense than the nice, solid nugs from Galina.

I'll leave the rest of Viktoria and the gram or so of Galina that I saved to cure until the Royal Dwarf twins (Ellanor and Beatrice, as per Mrs. Wolf) are ready for a comparison smoke-off. They are just finished stretching and about to start really flowering, I think.

The last Dwarf lady and her Siberian sister are motoring along. In the tall pot the Lemon Skunk is starting to grow, though I'm paranoid it will be miniature like the others in those pots :volcano-smiley: and then one Trans Siberian was germinated and planted this morning. Hoping to plant it's Siberian and Great White sisters soon. And for good measure I planted some green onions, maybe next a tomato plant :high-five:

** Almost forgot. Added a hanging fixture and used my second splitter and my spare 85 watt 2700K CFL and a 45 watt daylight flood CFL to hit a few more angles.

A minor addition. Planted the second Siberian and a Great White Shark (in the second tall 2G pot) around noon today.

image7865.jpeg

Quick update! Have to go grab a bottle of wine before the store closes or the Mrs will be cranky :circle-of-love:

Two Royal Dwarf plants are the big girls, really starting to flower. The tall Siberian and the very short Royal Dwarf are the same age, hilariously different height. The Dwarf is topped and I'm thinking maybe it was too early. On the right you can see the Great White Shark, just a couple of days above ground. And the very top left is a baby Siberian. You can't see her sister Siberian but she's above ground too. And then the Lemon Skunk in the other tall pot is out of frame as well, she's maybe a week younger than the tall Siberian and short Dwarf.

So all the pots have live plants in them! Time to buy more pots, haha.

image8798.jpeg

The Farm - full 8 plant press, with plans to add two more 3G pots on a shelf.

Things are going well. Eyes are closing. So. Sleepy. I'll be back to give a proper update asap, almost time to harvest some plants. Still working on my technique but pretty excited with the look of this latest bunch. Tested some RD yesterday and they are nice, dense buds with a good kick. The Trans Siberian is really snowy, sticky icky even when I touch her shade leaves and easily my biggest buds so far.

image8799.jpeg

Trans Siberian Bud (real photos to check the maturity soon, starting to see some amber).

Great White Shark (left) and Trans Siberian
image10070.jpeg

The Whole Farm
image10065.jpeg

Tops of RD, Lemon Skunk and Trans Siberian (TS to the left, Lemon Skunk bottom, RD right)
image10069.jpeg

All sorts of fun stuff going on. I'll get to the current state of things, but first a few words about the last batch!

It's all gone. That's the important thing :high-five: the Trans Siberian is a great smoke. Very much a favourite already. The Dwarf isn't bad, and I'm sure it can be grown better, but it doesn't really have the sedative effect or big, dense buds that the Trans Siberian does. Between the two RD and one TS there was about 2 ounces of good stuff and another 1/2 of popcorn and 'samples'.

And now...

image10068.jpeg

image10066.jpeg

This little lady is the current RD. She suffered an accidental topping very young and then I topped her again just to see what would happen. Answer being: nothing great as she's not really looking to be a big producer or finish quick, either. My overall observations on the RD so far would be that it's slow, not a great producer and not my kind of bedtime indica. That said its a very tough plant and does stay compact which isn't all that bad for some applications. I've got two co-potted in a 3G pot and then one each in two 1G pots. The RD seeds are cheap, but depending how these 4 (+1 more from the 5 seed pack) go I think I'll give a different strain a go to try and maximize output.

image10067.jpeg

Here's the Lemon Skunk that's done shockingly well in my double stacked 1G pots. I wasn't expecting all that much from a free seed in a narrow pot but she's big and dense and smells great. Lemony fresh. I'll have to see how she dries but it looks to be almost as much bud as the TS's in the 3G pot. Very happy with her (Canucks Seeds) so far.

image10071.jpeg

And a close look at the taller of the two Siberians. All the current plants (2 TS, 1 RD and 1 LS) except the Great White Shark in the left corner are ready for harvest in the next week or two. The Lemon Skunk is close to ready now.

In addition to the 4 RD I potted last night there are also 4 TS in 3G pots (two new tan ones from Hydrofarm) that were potted last night for a total of 8 new plants. Long story short I've got to make some new shelves or buy more lights.

The only big change I've made is starting to mix vermiculite into the soil for this latest batch. I don't think the growstone was enough by itself so I aimed for (very roughly) 1/3 old soil, 1/3 new soil and 1/3 vermiculite.

image10153.jpeg

Took another quick photo, mostly of the Lemon Skunk. She's looking to be ready in another week or so. Started flushing a week ago so that's just about right. I'm not suppose to have favourites. But she's my favourite this crop :love:

She's enjoyeding a few days at the front of the farm to soak up that CFL and LED juice. The Siberian girls are still a couple weeks out. Hard to say with the RD and Great White. Maybe 3 weeks-ish, end of April, roughly.

My seed count is down to 4 leftovers. Have started looking at some new strains to replace the Royal Dwarf in my rotation. Thinking maybe a Bubba (Humboldt) or Northern Lights (Canuck) - pricier but hopefully better yield in my setup, and more sedative. Thinking about trying Polar Express (Auto) too. So many options, so little tub space :grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom