WOLFtick3t's First Journal - Sensi NL Auto - Bathtub Grow

Well the yellow tips don't seem to be slowing Tatianna down. Drinking plenty and growing like crazy. Measured the lights in their current layout and Tatianna is getting 20,000 Lux at the top, 10,000 below the canopy and 5,000 at the bottom set of leaves. No good deals on an LED for the right (bloom) side but no rush! Plenty of light for everyone for a couple more weeks, even with two new Siberian additions this weekend.

image4510.jpeg

image4511.jpeg

image4509.jpeg

image4513.jpeg

image4514.jpeg

image4512.jpeg

Watered Tatianna with 4-ish litres regular water yesterday and got a good runoff. Will water at least once more before trying another drop of grow. Soil PH measured 7.4 after last watering. Been messing with the natural down and PH pen, may need to re-read the instructions again as I had expected the soil PH to be lower since the water read as 6.2.

Think that's it. Friday is germination day! Busy as all get out thanks to an unruly printer but still seem to find time to sit and stare at my babies :Namaste:

P.S. Sadly I think Jane has given up. It was a brave fight and it's taken the whole six weeks. Go be with Mary, Jane. RIP.

P.P.S the tips are yellowing on the rear Siberian a little. Haven't given them any nutes or anything.

Managed to get the PH right this time. Water was 6.3 when given and soil reads as 6.6, full point lower than last time I watered her.

Progress!

Midnight tonight is the end of Week 6/3 for the current three and I'll be starting two new Siberians. Will post about that later hopefully.

Finally had a chance to sit down and do some reading this morning. Now that the PH is under control I want to figure out the leaf yellowing before it gets too much worse and hopefully avoid it unless intentional with nutes from now on.

Tatianna is over a foot now and I've never given her more than a drop of any one nute at a time so I think 'hot soil' with probably too much nitrogen (at least) is a safe bet. Plus adding more potassium produced almost immediate burn. I should have soaked each pot better and probably multiple times with PH'ed water before planting in them and nitrogen and potassium are to be monitored or added very carefully. I will maybe try and buy a soil test kit.

If I rinse the two new pots thoroughly and get no unplanned yellowing or burn over the first month or two in the new plants then that was the issue. So sometime around February I should have an answer...

Big day for my little farm :cheer: got a good deal on a WYZM 360 watt LED; really just two of my UFO's in a rectangular case but for $175 Canadian hard to complain. Also grabbed an 85 watt 27K bulb to finish off the lighting for now. Total of 540 LED watts (allegedly) and 255 watts CFL.

Continued my shopping spree by picking up 5 more Trans Siberian seeds and 3 Royal Dwarf seeds. I've got a good little stash of autos going with 6 Trans Siberian, 3 Royal Dwarf, 2 Lemon Skunk and 2 Great White Shark. Plus the 2 Siberians getting started tonight.

Will hopefully have more good news with photos later this evening or perhaps tomorrow.

Sounds great Wolf. Keep up the good work!!!!

New LED should arrive on Monday. Doing a little training on Tatianna. Watered the Siberian girls and all else is status quo. Decided to germ the news seeds tonight to give the bag seed (now named Maria) a few more days before I move her (hopefully her). Next germ would be Jan 1st and then every two weeks after that now that things are all set and I kinda know what I am doing.

image4740.jpeg

image4739.jpeg

image4743.jpeg

image4742.jpeg

image4741.jpeg

Mostly trying to pull Tatianna apart a little and spread her out. Being the only survivor of the first group she can afford to use some extra room.

image4798.jpeg

Possible genetics: Bubba, Grape God, Chemo or Cecil x God Bud

Pretty little thing. Gotta transplant her tomorrow probably to make room for the two new Siberian girls. Hoping she's bubba! And a she, haha.

image4801.jpeg

Tatianna for the heck of it, she's taking to the training well.

Another day, another few photos. Tatianna doing well, as is Svetlana. Isabella pretty yellow but still growing well. Hopefully she grows through it.

Will hopefully install the new LED and fan Friday-ish.

image4844.jpeg

image4843.jpeg

image4845.jpeg

Bit hard to see the main stem, it's on the right side behind the two side branches and growing up again. Was worried I'd screw her up with the LST but it worked great. Opened up lots of space and she's now growing a couple inches to the side of her previous path. Should make it easier to keep getting lots of light into her. Need to take some proper photos again soon.

image4882.jpeg

Transplanted Maria last night and she's doing well. Now I guess I have to figure out what I'm going to do with her :laugh: She can stay and veg in here forever but eventually I will need her space so either a mother plant that lives elsewhere (but I don't really need a mother plant?) or finish vegging her and then do 12/12 somehow. Hmm.

Germinated 2/2 Trans Siberian and planted in 3 gallon containers. Hoping there will be two new seedlings in the next few days. Maria is growing well in her new home still.

Took the last of the tie downs off Tatianna and she's doing great with a nice dog-leg spreading her out. She's slowing down on the vertical growth and maybe next nute watering (just watered her now with EJ grow) I'll try adding a little Bloom and Catalyst if she's not growing upwards anymore. She's hardly yellowing anymore and her roots are visible through the bottom edges of the pot.

image4924.jpeg

Can't wait to stick her under the 360 watt LED for a few weeks!

image5013.jpeg

Cat's Eye View

So not only did the new LED and bloom nutes get here late I'm an idiot and went to the wrong post office yesterday. :grinjoint: Will have to rectify my mistake today, and just in time too.

Tatianna is starting to flower I'd say, 7 weeks or 49-50 days from seed. I clipped the last two fan leaves I've been eyeing and she will have her very own 360 watt LED and an 85 watt 27K CFL for the next few weeks. Being an idiot (see above) I nicked a side branch with the scalpel and had to bandage her a bit. Should be fine but mad at myself. Will water her tonight with a couple gallons of PH'ed water and then probably next watering I'll give a little EJ bloom with the EJ grow and see how it goes. No signs of new nute burn.

Isabella and Svetlana doing well. Starting week 5 from seed and Svetlanan especially is really blowing up. Isabella has grown through her burned leaves and should be fine. Looks just like Tatianna did around that age.

Maria, the bag seed, is doing great. Three big sets of leaves and starting on a fourth at day 22-ish from seed. No side branches at all. Her one gallon pot won't be enough in a couple more weeks so I had best start deciding what the heck I'm doing with (hopefully) her.

And we have two new girls above ground! Since they broke ground on Friday I'll count these two from seedling rather than seed just to make things easier to keep track of. No names until they are survivors but both look like winners :Namaste:

P.S. I really am an idiot, lol, I meant to get a daylight CFL for vegging not another 27K, what a sorry excuse for a commercial photographer I am. Will order a daylight bulb and stash the 27K to replace one of the current two in a couple of years. New LED looks sweet! Will take some real photos soon. Rearranging everything right now.

image5017.jpeg

Is bright :riskybusiness: reading pretty even 30-40,000 Lux all across the top of the canopy. Still have to finish rearranging everything tonight or tomorrow but everyone is getting good light from plenty of different angles.

image5080.jpeg

image5078.jpeg

image5079.jpeg

Minor mishap with the lights falling down. No damage to equipment and just a couple little leaves knocked off Tatianna. Set me back some getting the lights changed around but everyone is doing well!

Still helping Tatianna spread out and use her new LED. Need to pick up the fan today and some more hooks to re-hang the lights in their proper places.

image5114.jpeg

Little worried about Isabella - she's doing okay but pretty burned. I'll have to pay careful attention to the two newest additions as I flushed the pots twice with PH'd water prior to planting. Hopefully no burning for them.

image5154.jpeg

image5155.jpeg

image5152.jpeg

image5153.jpeg

Nothing too exciting. Tatianna really starting to flower. Lots of things to do, just have to find the time! Hopefully this weekend.

Auto Seed Stash! 6 more Siberian, 3 Royal Dwarf, 2 Great White Shark, 2 Lemon Skunk and 4 regular White Widow - not sure what to do with the regulars. Maybe once I figure out what to do with Maria.

image5187.jpeg

image5188.jpeg

image5189.jpeg

Watered Tatianna last night with PH 6.5 water and measured the soil at 7 after. Photos are from last night. This Friday will be the end of week 8 for her and week 5 for the first Siberians.

Tonight's photo. I needed my lamp back for my office and discovered some inexpensive medium-base splitters on Amazon so the new plan is to stick a 105-Watt 65K CFL and an 85-Watt 27K in the left reflector and two 85 27K's in the right. Good enough for now but I'm already plotting ways to replace the UFO and use it for a seedling and vegging chamber.

image5195.jpeg

Not intentional but the fairly straight angle on Tatianna has been helpful for keeping the younger plants in direct light. I'm undecided on what to do going forward as my space is not looking to be large enough for my original plan of harvesting two plants every two weeks. Then again with some training and careful attention maybe I only need to harvest two every month.

If I make a chamber with the UFO that holds four plants in their containers that may be enough extra space/time.

Some sort of flu going around. Despite being a dedicated hermit I'm down for the count. I'm fairly sure I'll survive :volcano-smiley: just too lazy to take photos. Or go to the post office and get my fan.

Tatianna is 8 weeks (56 days) from seed and looking great. She's a big ball of green and lots of good looking buds really starting to grow (I think). She got her first drops of EJ Bloom and Catalyst with her tsp of Grow last night in her usual 2 gallons of water at a PH of 6 and soil measured as PH 6.8 after. Not seeing any new burn and I probably need to start watering her every other day soon, the pot dries out faster each time.

Svetlana and Isabella are 5 weeks (35 days) from seed. Isabella is doing alright and Svetlana looks like a pretty one. Curious to see how the Trans Siberian strain grows in the double stacked 1 gallon pots and the standard 3 gallon. I'm in no big hurry to add nutes but maybe next week I'll start to add a little Grow and see if they respond well.

Viktoria and Galina are 1 week (7 days) above ground. I figure they deserve names now, haha. Been careful not to water much and still really need to grab a spray bottle.

Maria is 4 weeks (roughly) from seed and I'm starting to watch carefully for any sign of sex. Probably early but don't wanna miss it. I figure if I don't grow her too big I can make a flowering chamber for her (another UFO use, maybe) and use it in the future for any other non-auto's that I end up with.

This concludes my report from the sick ward :Namaste:

image5337.jpeg

image5341.jpeg

image5338.jpeg

Bit of a haircut for Tatianna. Took some macro shots of the bud sites and will post soon!

Back
Top Bottom