WOLFtick3t's Perpetual Auto Tent 2020

So we’ve got three skittelz and three blackberry above ground inside. Humidity domes seem to be helping. Three more skittelz getting germinated tomorrow. finally there will be some plants under the “veg” light on the left side of the tent. Just in time for first harvest.

Two of the three Bubba are looking great, one in particular seems big. The third is displaying some downward leaf tip curling but nothing major. The two cheese recently added to the tent are growing well, look healthy.

I think I’ll chop the first two cheese on Monday, which will be 75 days from seed to finish. The third is maybe a week or so behind.

They aren’t big girls but they’re heavy and loaded with trichs. Even just in the last few days they’ve really packed them on. The smell is fantastic. All in all I’m very happy with how things are going. Lots of little things I’d like to tweak and get better at but all that will come with time.

Moved three skittelz to the tent, under the CMH, first plants to be under that light. Feels good to finally have a sort of full tent for a moment.

Planted three more germinated skittelz, so if they all survive I’ll still have 6 plants under the blurple inside.

My total carrying capacity should be 24 plants in 8 sets of three. I’m 7 short at the moment, about to be 10 once I harvest. I don’t want to clump too many plantings together since I can only fit 9 in the flowering area. Timing everything is always going to be a challenge. I may have to consider getting a third light for flowering just to guard against possible issue.

Looking good, harvested all three tonight. Hung up indoors where it's about 21 C and I think 45% humidity. Whole plants hung upside down just as they are. I'd already removed all the fan leaves and other larger leaves prior to harvest.

Cheese #1
5Cheese1Macro01A191.jpg

Cheese #2
4Cheese2Macro01A192.jpg

Cheese #3
Cheese3Macro01A192.jpg

The three cheese are hanging as of Sunday night. Smell great. I’ve got them hanging whole in my seedling room, 22-23 degrees and usually about 45-55% humidity but currently, depending on which gauge I’m going to believe it’s either 30 or 40%.

We are having some crazy cold weather which is extremely unusual, maybe once every 5 years does it get this cold and dry. I’ve turned the exhaust fan off and have the tent sealed up tight and it seems to be holding heat and humidity acceptably but I’m in no hurry to move any seedling over and I’m opening and closing it as little as humanly possible. Hopefully this ends ASAP.

One of the blackberry seedlings is looking a bit odd, like maybe it’s not growing. But it’s still early, hard to say. Otherwise things are good with all six seedlings. The three Skittelz broke ground and are looking solid.

I added some reflective material around the seedling area to try and maximize the lights output. Otherwise status quo.

I wish I still had a nice camera lol :(
My prosumer Nikon from college got broke jostled a little too much in our last move. It needs a new CCD/ lens assembly

Your shots look great and make me sad to take pics with only my phone haha.

Your winter is opposite of ours this year, we are unseasonably wet and warm. Guess I know where it all got hung up lol.

Thanks, Turbo! I’m a photographer for a living, haha. Although my macro gear isn’t great. I might need to upgrade, it’s a lot of fun getting that close and looking around at the tiny worlds we can’t see with our eyes.

Yeah, almost a foot of snow outside right now which is unheard of. Especially with this cold. With the tent sealed up I don’t, hopefully think it’s doing any damage. Although it took me a day to realize I should turn the exhaust fan off, not ideal. But I’m sure not a big deal either.

Trimmed the three cheese girls today. Close to an ounce a plant average. 80g dried total in jars now.

30 and 31 g from the two larger girls and 19g from the little one. Plus a big bag of very good looking trim.

if I can tune this to where I’m getting 3-4 ounces every ten to fourteen days I’ll be a pretty happy camper.

Some photos of the goings on. I’m concerned that my PH meter is not reliable so I got a new one and a bunch of test solution to make sure things are the proper PH. Otherwise nothing too exciting. The six plants indoors are ready to go outside this weekend.

I turned the exhaust fan back on tonight and also added a tower fan inside the tent. Temps and humidity back to looking good now that the outside weather isn’t such a mess.
F9CF6A24-D003-4B15-9507-F10A4662CB7D.png
704615A7-2460-4DB8-9814-2D0DD72996C6.png

One of the new cheese girls is my first try at LST in the tent.
7C8E9261-198A-441C-A0CA-CCBF2B5E2522.jpeg

the climate control and veg side of the tent
C7D3DA28-B19C-440F-9BB4-ED855F22764E.jpeg

the temporary curing shelf - I’m hoping to set up a drying/curing tent indoors at some point, the top jars are the three cheese girls from the tent
EEDABB6C-5327-49E5-96B5-4D3469C4D7AD.jpeg

three trimmed Bubba, two more cheese in the middle and on the left three skittelz looking pretty healthy
0FE90AD3-CD6E-4BBB-9A3B-B7C139EAEE10.jpeg

I think my PH meter was a few points too high. The new one is dead on. I’ll use the old one as a backup now that it’s properly calibrated again but I’d be hesitant to use it without checking it out again.

Ordered some Recharge. Just about out of nutes too I’ll have to decide if I want to stick with the three part advanced nutrients I’ve been using or go with something else.

Alright, been a bit, but things are going very well. I think the best way to describe the progress is that the younger plants are bigger than the older plants, haha.

I’ve got 5 of the 6 “zones” in the tent filled, 3 brand new Cream Cookies inside, and this Friday I’ll pop 3 Pineapple Express. The 3 Bubba girls that are closest to finishing look roughly comparable to the 3 cheese girls already harvested but the newest sets, Skittelz and Blackberry, are looking like they’re going to be quite a lot larger which I’m pretty pleased about. The only change I’ve made since correcting the PH was to start feeding more nutes and earlier. There are a bunch of things I’ve changed since the first plants, the soil mix, the temp, when I put the seedlings in the tent. Seems to be working.

I just ran out of my three part “basic” Advanced Nutrients and replaced it with the two part Connoisseur Advanced Nutrients. I’ve also started adding the Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag and I’m going to do that for the first 4-6 weeks. Recharge should be showing up any day, I’m curious to see how that effects the process.

I’ll get some progress photos ASAP.

Quick update. Things are going well. The newest blackberry and skittelz girls have continued to perform well. Everything else status quo.

First photo shows two of the older skittelz that are dwarf, not very large at all, and the three newest which are much larger than the older plants were at the same age. I’ve done some LST with the one in the middle and I also decided to top her and see how that goes.
3DA032B3-AE39-4CE0-B6C9-CD85A31705AA.jpeg

Second photos is a side view of, mainly, the three Blackberry girls. The one in the back has flowered early and is showing dark purple/red leaves already but the other two have huge, thick stems and I’ve LST’ed both. They developed the downward curled tips after I added the Recharge and I cut back on the nitrogen in their feedings.
C3766B70-AFB5-4C78-936E-BE7C20905F7E.jpeg

Here is a better view of the blackberry girls, two cheese, the Bubba girls, and the furthest forward in the middle row is the best of the first set of Skittelz girls, her two sisters are over on the other side of the tent still.
450183EB-49AA-4082-AC83-7545B4D257DD.jpeg

Quite a ways to go but I’m pretty excited about the two huge Blackberry girls and the newest Skittelz on the far left of the tent. Certainly progress.

I’ve also got the three Cream Cookies that are about two weeks old now inside (one is very pale green, looks questionable) and then three Pineapple Express I’m waiting on to sprout.

The next planting is on the 21st (Skittelz again) and meanwhile I should probably check the Bubba girls for ripeness. They don’t look ready, but it’s always hard to say. I feel like the cheese girls might not be too far behind the Bubba girls, when it’s all said and done.

Still rolling. I’ll grab some photos to post ASAP. Dry technical stuff for now.

Three Bubba harvested and I’m testing out drying it in the grow tent. Two cheese look like they’ll be ready to chop this Friday. And then three small-ish Skittelz not too far behind that. After that are the big girls, three blackberry that are a couple of feet tall and already nice and dark purple. Then three, much bigger than the other ones, skittelz, one I topped, just moved them under the LED lights on the right side in the tent, looking very nice. Then there are two cream cookies and three Pineapple Express on the left side of the tent (one cream cookies didn’t work out, stunted or genetic defect of some kind). They’re looking promising. That’s everything in the tent at the moment.

Inside I‘ve got three skittelz about ten days old and just waiting on three more cream cookies to sprout. May pop three more Pineapple Express this friday, or maybe wait another week.

Pretty much just truckin’ along. Trying to really focus on the first month or so and babying them and it seems to be working. By the time they make it to the tent they‘re already a decent size.

8EEF06D5-0615-41DA-BE42-4DFC2D268964.png
91AF2BE3-6240-422B-91AE-D2C58C7C3A7A.png
E396563C-DA31-4A04-B494-7F2694399E79.jpeg

Ordered 30 more seeds too. Still from Auto, they’ve got the best deal at the moment. Should keep me going until the fall.

A couple macro shots of the Cheese that I harvested today. I'm going to start going by "generation" because I'm getting confused, so every group of three seeds is a "generation". These I am labeling generation Generation 4 Cheese (code 04A19). I'll have to add that as a column to the spreadsheet.

I like this strain, Dinafem White Cheese Auto. I'll have to get some more seeds. One of these turned a dark purple, almost black. The other looks pretty normal. Not going to be a big yield, but maybe a couple of dry ounces from the two.

They look a bit different, as far as how ripe they are. The second is the smaller, dark coloured plant and is a little more ripe. I think I nailed it with the first, larger plant but I'm certainly still learning about the perfect time to harvest.

1Cheese4Macro04A191.jpg
1Cheese5Macro04A192.jpg

Been sick for a couple of weeks. What a time to be sick.

Just harvested three skittelz. Blackberry girls look ready to go next week.

Behind on planting but going to pop three seeds tonight. I’ll do a proper update ASAP, now that I’m feeling better.

I’m going to do a quick rundown generation by generation. I feel like I need a refresher course myself almost.

Generation 4 White Cheese (04A19) - Curing for a couple of weeks now. When compared with the Generation 1 White Cheese it’s clearly much more laden with trichs.

Generation 5 Skittelz (05A19) - Harvested on the 27th of March, hanging inside to dry. One was tiny, one is “normal” and the third had monster buds and extremely long trichs. I’ll photograph it when I trim them later this week.

Generation 6 Blackberry (01A20) - Two of these will be easily the largest plants I’ve harvested. The third is small but might have a half ounce or better on her still. They are all dark purple/black all over, buds, stems, everything. Excited for harvest on Friday.

Generation 7 Skittelz (01B20) - These should only be a week-ish behind the BlackBerry girls. Have to check with this week with the macro lens. Unfortunately they were neglected for a couple of days when I was sick and got a little dry which I’m sure hasn’t helped their yield, but they bounced back nicely and I expect between the three of them they will yield reasonably well.

Generation 8 Cream Cookies (02A20) - Two girls, first time that has happened in a while. Genetic defect of some sort. A couple weeks behind the Gen 7 girls, but they seem like they’re catching up. Look good, lots of buds. Did some LST but I’ve since removed the stakes.

Generation 9 Pineapple Express (03A20) - Very excited for these three. They’re all looking great. One in particular looks like it’s going to yield very well. LST ongoing and I topped two or all three, can’t remember. It appears to be a slower strain than some of the others, a little more time to play with them before they flower.

Generation 10 Skittelz (04A20) - Sadly I think these three are going to be very small plants. Just as I learned that moving seedlings to the tent too early was a bad idea I’ve since learned that moving them slowly is also a bad idea. My notation on the spreadsheet is incorrect. They spent more than a month indoors. No topping or training.

Generation 11 Cream Cookies (04B20) - Hopefully I moved these girls to the tent in time. They’ve all been topped. Waiting to see what happens next. Hoping for some explosive growth.

Generation 12 Blackberry (05A20) - Seeds were placed in saucers and paper towel Sunday night. These are the first three where I feel like I won’t be experimenting as much. Two weeks indoors. Then into the tent and their first full nutrient feed at about the same time. I am going to top at least one of them since I didn’t top any of the BlackBerry girls from Gen 6.

C5F25DF7-6117-4287-878C-815DDE4FF94C.jpeg

I’ve been slacking on photos but I’ll make that a priority. I guess because I take photos for a living it seems like work, haha.

I should also do a seed count and figure out how much I have of what. I’ve lost track.

I’m a little annoyed that I missed the mid-march planting, but it’s not the end of the world. I’m still trying to get into a rhythm and hopefully as I get better at guessing the finish dates of plants I’ll be able to time the next planting better.

Photos! Finally.

Gen 11 Cream Cookies are the far left row. Next to them are the Gen 10 Skittelz. And then next to them are two of the Gen 9 Pineapple Express. The one in the back with the 8 stakes and LST I am pretty excited about.
IMG_20200331_203847.jpg

Closer view of Gen 11 and 10.
IMG_20200331_203908.jpg

The next two are Gen 6 Blackberry on the far right, and then the middle row is Gen 7 Skittelz. The left row is another good looking Gen 9 Pineapple express and then the two behind her are the Gen 8 Cream Cookies.
IMG_20200331_203745.jpg
IMG_20200331_203734.jpg

Top view of my prized Pineapple Express.
IMG_20200331_203900.jpg

An updated spreadsheet with the day totals from seed to harvest and the generation noted next to the code.
BTSheet.PNG

Not much going on otherwise. Waiting for the new seeds to pop and waiting for the Skittelz I harvested to dry so I can trim. Going to do some macro photos of the Blackberry and Skittelz girls on Friday to see if they're ready to harvest. I expect the Blackberry girls will be. Not sure about the Skittelz.

Attachments

• IMG_20200331_203728.jpg
    IMG_20200331_203728.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 47
Seed Inventory as of April 5 2020 (I’ll try and post macro pics of the harvest later today).

FastBuds

11 BlackBerry
11 Skittelz
10 West Coast OG
10 GrapefruitMatic
7 Pineapple Express
4 Cream Cookies

and 2 Canuck Seeds Cheese.

55 seeds, 18 generations, or about 36 weeks of supply. Should be good for nearly the rest of 2020.

Back
Top Bottom