Worm farming and making your own organic soil

Hexe

Anyone here ever try worm farming and using the soil produced for growing any kind of cannabis?

Not yet but I'm in the process of planning out a full system, with me, weed, container veggie garden, worm farm, and compost bin (all this idea came only after I discovered I could grow weed so why not expand to grow veggies). Weed will be the main thing, and I can use the worm farm to get rid of leaf trimmed evidence aswell as veggie scraps and the worm farm will produce worm juice and worm castings for the weed and veggies to grow, and the compost bin in there for weed and veggie scraps aswell as regular green garden waste which will eventually produce compost to add to the weed or veggie soil mix. If I can get the whole thing working smoothly it should be pretty sweet.

I should point out with your question that a worm farm doesn't produce soil exactly to grow stuff in, it produces worm juice and castings (castings dug in or juice diluted and watered in) which you can add to your soil as a healthy feed, but it's not really 'soil' itself, you'd need soil to add it too.

Hungrybin, Also Vermibin24. Those are both your friends if you do worms. Flow-through systems are the only way to go. Be aware, that worm farming is very specific in what feed you are using. That alone can be a huge headache.

Not information from experience, just LOTS of research.

Excellent information. Thank you. :ganjamon::yummy:

Got my own little thing going on too...using compost + aeration(perlite/rice hulls) as my bedding then amending it like a soil....plan is to give it 3-4 months and it should be ready....at that point I should be able to use it as a top dress, for ACT’s or for the humus+aeration part of a soil mix :Namaste:

Very rarely do I add anything to it food wise, once in a while a banana peel or coffee grinds + filter

Hopefully it plays out well ;)

Back
Top Bottom