Would you pay

meffa

Just saw an ad for automated trimmers and thought it'd be great if there were a service available where you could bring your crop and have it professionally trimmed. The smallest unit that they're calling a tabletop unit goes for $3695.00. It's a freestanding unit so I wouldn't exactly call it a table top.

This is very tempting and I started thinking if I bought it if people would pay to have their crop processed. I'm not thinking of it as a money making business but as a way to recoup some of the investment and make life easier for growers. My first harvest was a lot of work and I'd happily pay to have it processed next time. Would you pay to have your crop machine trimmed?

Rent a trimmer sounds like a good idea.

I did a little more reading and you don't necessarily get a better trim, in fact it seems hand trimming is better which makes sense when you think about it, but it sure looks a whole lot faster with less stress on the eyes, neck, back, hands, legs, blah blah blah....... lol I think I'm getting old.....

There is a pretty good alternative out there
I think it's called Trimbag?
After getting rid of obvious garbage like big fan leaves
This thing does the rest
Up to 10 z's or more?
All done with manual labor

Have you actually seen what some of that stuff can do?
You know I told the wife tonight, I'm just stupid lucky that my harvest timed with a 2 week vacation slot
If not, my life would have been miserable
4 plants and one person, the plants have you for a long time

Bud has to be dry as a bone for crap like that to do anything.
Would be totally worthless for those of us that properly dry and cure our bud.

There is no such thing as a short cut to proper hand trimming except more hands.

I can see the appeal for people that grow pounds and pounds at a time and dont care about quality because you're turning all or most into oil.
But for less than a couple pounds of super sticky bud that you want to properly slow dry to about 60-62% RH and then long cure, hand trimming is the only viable option.

I dont spend 4+ months growing super sticky, terpene rich bud to dry the shit out of it beat the crap out of it and as far as I am concerned utterly ruin it just to save a few hours.
But to each his own.

You still haven't answered my question
Only question I've seen is did I watch a video for this Trimbag gadget.
Yep, gave me the willies.
Cant even imagine taking my bud, drying the shit out of it and then beating the crispy leaves and trichomes off of it like beating on old carpet.
Told my wife if she sees me doing that to my bud to just go ahead and put me in a rest home because I've lost the will to live.
We all have different priorities and ways of doing things, I am extremely particular in how I grow/dry/cure my bud.
Once you dry the bud dry enough for that to work your curing is over, IMO good for nothing but oil production.

Given that I minimally process my weed (cut the branches to the length of a half-gallon jar and just remove the fan leaves) before I jar it, having a $4000 tabletop machine to clean up a flower prior to smoking it seems a little bit of over-kill if not just a good way to destroy a bud.
But then I also believe a lot of the stuff on the market is overkill so maybe someone will buy it to sit alongside their collection of assorted $500 hand-blown glass bongs and the monitor/controls of their realtime web-based weed growing system.

Given that I minimally process my weed (cut the branches to the length of a half-gallon jar and just remove the fan leaves) before I jar it, having a $4000 tabletop machine to clean up a flower prior to smoking it seems a little bit of over-kill if not just a good way to destroy a bud.
But then I also believe a lot of the stuff on the market is overkill so maybe someone will buy it to sit alongside their collection of assorted $500 hand-blown glass bongs and the monitor/controls of their realtime web-based weed growing system.
"realtime web-based weed growing system"! That is some funny shit right there.

So I only have the one end-to-end grow under my belt and came upon the machine trimmer when I was ordering some stuff after the harvest. I don't anticipate growing as many plants as I did my first grow (10) and expect future harvests to be a little more relaxed. I just wanted to throw the idea out there and get some discussion going. After reading and watching I agree with not wanting to put my precious harvest through all of that, and paying big money to boot!

Back
Top Bottom