Xperienced grower with a question

'ello again everyone,

listen, I just harvested my two ladies 9 days ago. Currently, the harvest from each plant is in its appropriate labeled jar for curing. I put the Indica dom. harvest in one jar and then the Sativa dom. harvest in the other jar and labeled them accordingly.

Anyhow, my question has nothing to do with curing or drying.

My question is, is why do the calyxes seem to shrink so much? I realize shrinking is normal, due to the evaporation of the moisture content of the harvest.. but I mean, I'm talking SHRINK-shrink. I wish I had a better camera so I could zoom in on the calyxes to give you guys a better idea of just how small these calyxes have become so far.

As of today, both harvests/jars have been curing for 6 days. I don't know if that information is needed to have a better idea of what could be causing this or not.

Anyhow, if anyone could "chime in" and give my brain an "update" on what causes the calyxes to shrink well beyond the normal size once the harvest is and partially dried/cured.. it would be GREATLY appreciated.

Have a great weekend everyone.

:peace:

Re: xperienced grower with a question..

I realize shrinking is normal, due to the evaporation of the moisture content of the harvest.. but I mean, I'm talking SHRINK-shrink.
:peace:

Just as you said, the loss is from moisture leaving the plant. In the human body it is 78% to 60% water. I couldn't easily find how much is in plants, but I'd say about the same.... 70%? So if you are drying out most of it, then the harvest will be about that. Drying 50% of the water out, it then losses about 35% of total weight and size. Drying 80% of the water means it will be about half the beginning size.

HTH

Back
Top Bottom