Yellow/green light colored new growth

St0ner

Hi everybody, I've been having some issues with my clones, they rooted just perfectly as you can see in the first photo, they are about 2 weeks here. Since then I have had a few problems to deal with so I will give you the whole story.

The issues started when I transplanted the clones. I watered with tap water, I tested the pH of the water last about a week ago and it was about 6.5 (it always tested about the same so I stopped testing every time) and after transplanting I tested the soil pH and it read 5.2 ! I tested the water i was using and it was 5.2 . I'll go on about this more later because now that I think about it somehow ph has been really weird thing to deal with for me. So anyway, I had some RO which was 7.0 so I used that to flush until it was about 6.0. I put them in the cabinet and done.

A couple days later the bottom leaves started yellowing rapidly and everything was turning a lighter green color, then the bolder leaves just completely shriveled and died. I assumed this must have been a nitrogen deficiency because of all the flushing with RO so I fed with the Thrive all purpose nutes (NPK about 4-1-2), I started seeing slow improvement and the yellowing of the older leaves now seems to have completely stopped, and most of the leaves are showing a darker green color again.

BUT, as you can see on the photos below, the top growth has this really bright light green color which doesn't seem to be going away. Yesterday I picked up some trace elements with high calcium amounts thinking this might fix it. I gave it a feed of this last night (15mg/litre solution and fed about 600ml over the 8 pots, also a bit worried about overwatering since the soil is still very wet every time I feed like this to fix defficiencies), no change after 2 days.

Gave another mini feed of the Thrive All Purpose just to keep the nitro up, but it doesnt seem to be making a difference. I wish I had an EC meter but due to budget restrictions thats gonna have to wait for now.

DSCF82122.JPG
DSCF82251.JPG
DSCF82371.JPG
DSCF8239.JPG
DSCF82401.JPG

If you need more info on my grow please check out my journal below.

Thanks!

Hi everybody, I've been having some issues with my clones, they rooted just perfectly as you can see in the first photo, they are about 2 weeks here. Since then I have had a few problems to deal with so I will give you the whole story.

The issues started when I transplanted the clones. I watered with tap water, I tested the pH of the water last about a week ago and it was about 6.5 (it always tested about the same so I stopped testing every time) and after transplanting I tested the soil pH and it read 5.2 ! I tested the water i was using and it was 5.2 . I'll go on about this more later because now that I think about it somehow ph has been really weird thing to deal with for me. So anyway, I had some RO which was 7.0 so I used that to flush until it was about 6.0. I put them in the cabinet and done.

A couple days later the bottom leaves started yellowing rapidly and everything was turning a lighter green color, then the bolder leaves just completely shriveled and died. I assumed this must have been a nitrogen deficiency because of all the flushing with RO so I fed with the Thrive all purpose nutes (NPK about 4-1-2), I started seeing slow improvement and the yellowing of the older leaves now seems to have completely stopped, and most of the leaves are showing a darker green color again.

BUT, as you can see on the photos below, the top growth has this really bright light green color which doesn't seem to be going away. Yesterday I picked up some trace elements with high calcium amounts thinking this might fix it. I gave it a feed of this last night (15mg/litre solution and fed about 600ml over the 8 pots, also a bit worried about overwatering since the soil is still very wet every time I feed like this to fix defficiencies), no change after 2 days.

Gave another mini feed of the Thrive All Purpose just to keep the nitro up, but it doesnt seem to be making a difference. I wish I had an EC meter but due to budget restrictions thats gonna have to wait for now.

If you need more info on my grow please check out my journal below.

Thanks!

Hard to say what's causing that. My guess is that it's a combination of micro-nutrient deficiencies (zinc, sulfur, and iron). Does your plant food have much micro nutrients in it?

It should have all micro nutes, I also gave it some extra trace element solution. But I think I might have found the problem. The ph of the soil is about 5.2-6.2 in the middle of the pots. I know, its a wide range. BUT on the bottom I'm getting as low as 4! I've already flushed this soil before, causing all these ptoblems to begin with, so I'm thinking stuff it and just transplant into some new soil.
What do you think?

Back
Top Bottom