Yellowing and Droop

DarthVader

Hey everybody just wanted to get some other peoples opinions on this but I've got some pretty extensive yellowing on my plants and one is drooping quite a bit. Based on the research I've done I'm guessing its a sulfur deficiency, but that's just my stab at it

The Three plants are: JediXDeathstar, Cindy 99, and Maui Waui. I'm currently in veg and have been for about 3 weeks. I've got em in 2 gallon smart-pots with some roots organic original soil with a ph of about 6-6.5. I've been watering about once a week with roots organic nutrient solution, more specifically the player pack, Buddha grow, extreme serene, ancient amber, etc. I've got a 400w MH with on open hood. They are in a 2.5x5 foot closet with fans blowing
2012-10-12_22-46-39_687.jpg
2012-10-12_22-46-31_903.jpg

Heres a copy of the feeding schedule I'm on week three and I've been following it pretty closely. The soil usually stays pretty wet throughout the week, by the end of the week its pretty dry and they may droop a bit. I don't think its from underwatering though because after I water all the healthy leaves perk back up but the big yellow ones stay pretty droopy
rootsorganic.jpg

Yeah the one's on the bottom are starting to turn a bit yellow here are some closeups on some leaves that are especially
IMG_20121016_112628.jpg
IMG_20121016_112545.jpg
worrying me

Not using plain water I've been watering with Ferts, how would I correct the Ph if theyre all at about 6.5 isnt that about right. and when you say flush with full strength do you mean flush with ferts? or just a thorough flush

Some nutrient deficiency will cause a lock out for 2-3 other nutrients. If its a calcium problem then that will cut the intake of magnesium and potassium off. Magnesium will cause a lockout for zinc and others as well. So I would say flush using full strength nutrients. And if you have CaMg+ additives I would 5ml of that. Though it might be a manganese deficiency and you would need something thats high in that. Usually bloom is high in that. Never seen a stand alone additive for that

I really appreciate all the info guys I just got a couple more questions. First wouldn't it be a waste of nutrients to do a full strength flush since I have to use 4 gallons for each pot, not trying to hate I'm just curious what the difference would be between full strength and plain water. Second, If the nutrient solution should be around 5.8-6.3 does that mean that the soil runoff should be around the same.

Because when you flush your rinsing out all the nutrients in the soil. Thats why its called flushing. So your just getting the PH or lockouts in order so you would need full strength to replace what your rinsing away. You can do half strength its up to you.

Measuring the run off is not always what your PH in the soil will end up always. What ever you put in your soil is what it will be.

Your plant is lacking phosphorus and calcium and manganese. Maybe even Magnesium so you need to add more bloom then anything. And find something high in magnesium/calcium. Either epsom salt for magnesium, or bone meal for nitrogen phosphorus and calcium. If you cant get them then use Grow and Bloom 50/50

I'm gonna run by the hydro store tomorrow and get some organicare seaplex to add in dont know if anyones used that before but it seems to be one of the only things they carry thats organic and has manganese, I've also got some GO CaMg+ so ill add that in too, I'll do the full strength flush in a couple days when they dry out a bit. I,ll let you guys know whats up. Again Thank you

I've personally never heard of 'full strength flush' in the sense of 'flushing with nutrients'. To my understanding and experience a flush is indeed to help remove excess salts, clear up lockouts etc however it needs to be a flushing agent or plain water for this to be achieved.

A 'full strength flush' just sounds like a feeding to me?

I'm just curious where this information is coming from so I can check it out and possibly catch up on something I missed. :)

I've personally never heard of 'full strength flush' in the sense of 'flushing with nutrients'. To my understanding and experience a flush is indeed to help remove excess salts, clear up lockouts etc however it needs to be a flushing agent or plain water for this to be achieved.

A 'full strength flush' just sounds like a feeding to me?

I'm just curious where this information is coming from so I can check it out and possibly catch up on something I missed. :)

When you lush your washing away most nutrients in the soil. So when you flush for a lockout full strength or half strength your just correcting the PH and replacing what you maybe washing away. So that the roots aren't suffering from the loss of minerals and nutrients. Its a faster way to get your nutrients to work because your getting all new nutes to the roots zone faster rather then waiting for a few feeds to see results or when the nutes are actually in the soil good.

Is this something you've personally begun doing or did you learn from another grower, maybe a book?

Most people I know will flush with plain water, then either follow that up a feeding or flush and foliar together, or flush, then just wait for the next time they need to water to feed.

I've never heard anyone flush with nutrients before?

Back
Top Bottom