Young plants dying - please help!

blueridgegrow

Hello guys, I am a newbie to anything indoors and need some help. Last May I started my first grow....late I know.....but I ended up putting five seeds in the ground the 3rd week of May and had 4 girls sprout and grew them to harvest in October outside. Not the best ever but not bad for a first time and a late start.

So, this year I wanted an early start so I started about a month ago and have had a miserable time. A miserable time getting seeds to germinate and sprout and now the few that did are not looking too good and I would love some advice. I have been reading and reading and can't figure out my problem. I am growing in the back 4-6 feet of a concrete block room. All walls are white with a concrete floor. It is all clean as I just painted it last fall. I am only wanting to use this area to get some up and ahead of the game before putting outside when the weather allows. If I can get that working then I may customize the room for a full time indoor grow to keep a few going year-round.

I currently have two T-5 shop lights mounted together (4 bulbs - 2 warm, 2 cool). Under that I have a propogation tray and am using an "organic starter mix" made up of mostly coco to start the plants in. I have tried the paper towel method and the straight to soil method with less than stellar results. Room temp is near 60 F but under the light its staying about 76 F. I also had a heat mat under the tray but got to thinking maybe my soil was too warm so I removed it.

As you can see, the bottom leaves are starting off by fading color, then brown spots, and finally getting dry and crunchy.
PLEASE HELP.....I DON'T WANT TO WASTE ANY MORE SEEDS!!!

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!! :thanks:

image1205.jpg
image1204.jpg

if you got a walmart, home depot, or lowes nearby (maybe even target or kmart)

Get 5-1-1 Alaskan Fish Emulsion Fertilizer

Combine that with a little molasses.

if you got a walmart, home depot, or lowes nearby (maybe even target or kmart)

Get 5-1-1 Alaskan Fish Emulsion Fertilizer

Combine that with a little molasses.

Thank you JimmyCricket.....follow the directions on the pack?? (even at this age) and how much molasses per gallon/quart/cup of mix?

Thanks again!!
BRG

well right now those little plants would only need maybe a shotglass worth of water each.

So I would put like 3 drops of fish 1 drop molasses. Then in 2 or 3 days when you water again, put then same, then next watering up it to like 4 drops fish 2 drops molasses.

but if you want it in gallon terms, for plants that size I would put about 1 tablespoon in a gallon of fish, then half a teaspoon or full teaspoon of molasses.

Once plants are full adult sized like 2 feet tall and bushy or bigger, we can start to drastically up that amount. By that point I am doing about 4-6 tablespoons of fish 2 tablepspoons molasses. per gallon.

Back
Top Bottom