plant dying please help

weedman87

hi there i have a mj plant that has been sabotaged by someone and has been bleach poured into the pot onto the roots .

i rinsed out the roots till it didn't smell like bleach no more and re potted it in a 50 mix of coco coir and perlite , i haven't fed it any nutes as suck just straight rain water and every 2 to 4 days i feed it with Yates thrive is that bad ?

now after 3 days of this occurring the leaves are slowly turning yellow from the bottom up and the soil ph is at 7.0 water i don't know as i don't have a pH test kit my thought that it is major stress or just plain old dying

i hope someone has any advise on this as i am stuck and i don't want to let it die

if i have left anything out please let me know i will give any info needed

I have never poured bleach on a plant to know what will happen. So I have no advice to give, sorry. But what you did sounds fine. If your using coco, shouldnt the ph be kept lower? I dont have experience with coco though.
:peace:

even if you managed to remove all the bleach your certain to see some damage over time. cause and effect can often be days/weeks apart.

you NEED to get a ph testing kit. a ph of 7 is not good.

you need around 5.8 for hydro roots and 6.3 for soil roots. swing too far away from these numbers and you will be getting other symptoms messing with the diagnosis.

your plant may have suffered no damage from the bleach and the ill signs could be entirely PH based at this point.

i dont know what your product is but if this was my plant i would have flushed to hell then fed on half strength nutes and superthrive till recovered (superthrive every other feed)

Bleach is of a very high alkline PH of aprox PH 12 & is often made with some rather unfriendly chemicals for plants...

Bleach refers to a number of chemicals which remove color, whiten or disinfect, often via oxidation.

The bleaching process has been known for thousands of years,[1] but the chemicals currently used for bleaching resulted from the work of several 18th century scientists. Chlorine is the basis for the most commonly used bleaches, for example, the solution of sodium hypochlorite, which is so ubiquitous that many people just call it "bleach", and calcium hypochlorite (bleaching powder). Oxidizing bleaching agents that do not contain chlorine most often are based on peroxides, such as hydrogen peroxide, sodium percarbonate and sodium perborate. While most bleaches are oxidizing agents, a fewer number are reducing agents such as sodium dithionite.

Flushing was a good call tho & would flush again to be sure...

Back
Top Bottom