Young seedlings bending over? Please Help - Pics Inside

Twiff

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, I plan on starting a proper journal on this web site once I get a new digi camera cable.

Seedling 1)
seedling110.JPG

Seedling 2)
seedling211.JPG

First off thanks for even reading this!! These seedlings are about a week old, started germinating the seeds in paper towel on May 1st, cracked and planted in rockwool within 24-36 hours and here we are today. 'Seedling 1' had been bending a bit for a day earlier, but perked back up. Tonight they were looking fine when I got home from work around 5 PM, 'seedling 1' slightly bent and the rockwool maybe a tad dry. When I woke up from a nap and checked on them at 930 PM this was what they looked like. I have looked into "damping off", and do not think this is the case because of where the stem is bending (the base where it meets the rockwool looks to be strong and healthy??), when I search through on a similar issue all I keep seeing is over watering but this happened while they were dried out and needed water if anything. The only things I can think of are a heat or lighting issue, but lighting issues should only make them stretch and these don't appear to be stretching enough to bend unless I am mistaken. My hygrometer just broke on me and I am waiting on a new one in the mail, so I have no reading of heat / humidity in my cabinet. I understand this makes it difficult to help me out, does this look like it could be an over heating issue at all?? Thanks a bunch for all of your help, or for even looking at my poor little girls. Sorry about the crappy pics, was using a cell phone.

:peace::peace:

I'm using 4 x 26w CFL's, the PH of the water is between 5.5 - 6 (cheap colour - coded testing kit), PPM I'm not sure of but I am guessing essentially 0 since I'm using distilled water with a bit of lemon juice, thanks!

Im no pro on the subject but my first grow is going very well right now and to me it seems like your lights to close to the plant and the soils to dry, heighten up the light and water it a bit with tap water. Oh and i seriously recommend using soil. you can get some at most stores its alot easier.

How deep were the seed planted into the rockwool? And yeah maybe a little dry. My sprouts only bent like 90 dgrees and that was only due to light source but once it was over head they reached their tiny round and first single leaves straight up to the sky!! I luv it... Now the first leaves are filling out lookin good. Just transplanted to 35 litre pot and 400w MH.. Northern X.. Im a soil grower also, i find it easier but thats my opinion. Goodluk and Happy Harvesting;)

try a humidity dome.when you go to remove it,do it slowly.like lift the edge an inch one day.over 2 or 3 days you should be able to remove it.

Back
Top Bottom