Thread: Perfect Sun 1000 LED Grow Light Discussion & How To Beat A 1000w HPS

Post Thanks / Like

Perfect Sun 1000 LED Grow Light Discussion & How To Beat A 1000w HPS

Hello, This is Neil from Black Diamond LED (Perfect Sun) at growpotcheaply

thank you everyone that participated in the free light giveaway. I will try to do another one in the future.

So, I will start off by showing how to properly use a Perfect Sun 1000 and how it beats out a 1000w HPS for square foot coverage. It's an extremely powerful light that gets over 100,000 lux at 2 feet away and over 1600 par.

I can offer $100 off discount to all 420 members as a way to give back to this awesome community.

Here is the webpage that goes into details about the light, such as the three year warranty for parts and labor, the try it it for 90 days return it policy, etc.

growpotcheaply
    jabrah, synbad, VexGrows thanked you for this post

How Perfect Sun Goliath and COB beat 1000w HPS--420 sponsor

Perpetual auto grow with many strains like Mephitso, under Goliath and COB LED, in COCO-drip system -- New Grow

Frosty auto Mephitso grow with Perfect Sun Goliath and COB in COCO

Going for that Frost with 2x Perfect Sun 1000s - Green Crack and Laughing Buddha

Perfect Sun 1000 LED closet grow-- auto OG and Six Shooter

Free how I grow in COCO course

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Perfect Sun 1000 LED Grow Light Discussion & How To Beat A 1000w HPS

I added more information to the Perfect Sun 1000's sales page.

You can check it out by clicking here.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Neil, Im in the market for an led. I HAVE been growing with hds and his for years. Can you make me a believer in led. It is yet to be seen. I want to see it for myself. The cost of great led's has deterred me!!! I HAVE solar energy so cost foe elec. Isn't the issue, it about performance. Lets here your opinion? I just want great performance with a honest price. Thanks plumbcrazy.
    arellanobrian liked this post

Nyc Diesel and thunderfuck http://nyc Diesel and thunderfuck

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

PM me with your cost and idea's i would like to try it for veg first since Im a believer in hps for flower.
    arellanobrian, atthehelm liked this post

Nyc Diesel and thunderfuck http://nyc Diesel and thunderfuck

Post Thanks / Like

Plum, I am offering 420members a $100 discount. I forgot to put the link to the discount page, though, so here it is.

To use this light, you really need a light mover because it is just too powerful to stand still. I am growing with it standing still in a closet, to show it can be done, but I am 2.5 away from my plants, and they are flowering. The link to the grow journal is in my sig.

Click here for the 420 $100 discount page to get it for $800 instead of $900.
    whiteshadow42, morningwood thanked you for this post

Perpetual auto grow with many strains like Mephitso, under Goliath and COB LED, in COCO-drip system -- New Grow

Going for that Frost with 2x Perfect Sun 1000s - Green Crack and Laughing Buddha

Post Thanks / Like

This is how I'm hanging the Perfect Sun 1000 on a six foot light mover.

morningwood thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

So someone asked me to make a video showing the average par reading for a 4x4 space. The Perfect Sun 1000 got a huge number that others do not get. And that is from 3 feet away, not using a light mover. A light mover turns this thing into a beast that can easily cover 8x 3.5 feet, so 28 square feet, which is more than 5x5, which is 25 square feet.

Here is the video.

arellanobrian, morningwood liked this post

420 Member of the Month October 2010 & September 2017 TorturedSoul's Avatar
    Look for the guy that's had a bad headache since 1989 - that's me.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That might have been me. Thanks for posting. Numbers look good. Wish I was rich, I might finally take the plunge into the world of LED and see if it's for me (I've tried just about everything else other than sulfur plasma lighting, lol).

Respectfully,
    Tortured Soul
    Apathy is evil

HELP by visiting our sponsors
    PARTICIPATE by reading, learning, & teaching in our forums
    DECIDE by voting in our contests

Even a mirror will not show you yourself, if you do not wish to see. -Roger Zelazny, Lord of Light

If you ever loved anything in your life, try to remember it. If you ever betrayed anything, pretend for a moment that you have been forgiven. If you ever feared anything, pretend for an instant that those days are gone and will never return. Buy the lie and hold to it for as long as you can. Press your familiar, whatever its name, to your breast and stroke it till it purrs. -Roger Zelazny, Creatures of Light and Darkness

If Nero was alive today, and a United States citizen, he'd be fiddling like mad. -Tortured Soul

Post Thanks / Like

Wait until you see what it does on a six foot light mover in comparison to a Gavita 1000w double ended bulb on a light mover.
    morningwood, japawe liked this post

420 Member of the Month October 2010 & September 2017 TorturedSoul's Avatar
    Look for the guy that's had a bad headache since 1989 - that's me.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'd like to see three of them on a Sun Circle, lol. But my budget (and garden) wouldn't support one. I bet it would be an interesting grow, though....
    morningwood liked this post

Respectfully,
    Tortured Soul
    Apathy is evil

HELP by visiting our sponsors
    PARTICIPATE by reading, learning, & teaching in our forums
    DECIDE by voting in our contests

Even a mirror will not show you yourself, if you do not wish to see. -Roger Zelazny, Lord of Light

If you ever loved anything in your life, try to remember it. If you ever betrayed anything, pretend for a moment that you have been forgiven. If you ever feared anything, pretend for an instant that those days are gone and will never return. Buy the lie and hold to it for as long as you can. Press your familiar, whatever its name, to your breast and stroke it till it purrs. -Roger Zelazny, Creatures of Light and Darkness

If Nero was alive today, and a United States citizen, he'd be fiddling like mad. -Tortured Soul

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it better then a diy cxb system?

Post Thanks / Like

mypassion, for 520-540w, I don't think anything will compare to what my spectrum and unique blend of lenses can do. Just 60 par from my light grew a nice bud.

Tortured, that would be awesome.

Oh, new 233w light coming very soon. It doesn't need a light mover, and will cost around $340. Perfect Sun Dwarf Star--name thanks to Shiggityflip.
    CatsnBubbles thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see you went with that name. Dwarf Star was perfect. Any estimated time on the Perfect Sun "Super Nova"? One weeks grow in the Red cups and my plants already need to be transplanted under the Perfect Sun 1000. this thing is crazy!!! my light mover was delayed until the 10th. dont want to repot these before I have the mover but they growing so damn fast

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I have to get the Dwarf Star going first, then I can work on a larger version. I was thinking maybe the larger version. I wish I had unlimited funds.

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, so, the Perfect Sun 500 is ready, BUT... I have to create the webpage still and I am super busy. Hopefully, I will have them available for sale by tonight. I only have a few so I think they will go fast. However, I have more in the works.

Here is an unboxing of the Perfect Sun 1000. I beefed up the boxing for shipping. I also show the light and talk about a few other tweaks I made to the light. I slightly altered the spectrum to give a bit higher red output and slightly lower blue output. I also reduced the center hot spot, and now the light more evenly spreads the light. Great for 8x4.

These updates aren't enough to run and buy a new one if you have a first generation PS1000. I'm still using the first generation.

Oh, the Perfect Sun 500 covers a core of 3x3 feet and max of 3.5x3.5 feet. it is almost a perfect 1x1 foot square light. It only uses 213w.

Page 1 of 37 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast