Win A Perfect Sun 1000 Which Has More Lux & Par Than A 1000W HPS

Good first grow journal. This light is very intense. It is best suited for a space like 8x4 and on a 6 foot light mover. Even two feet away from tops, some strains in full flower will not be able to handle it unless the light is on a light mover.

In a 4x4.5 room, I would still put it on a 4 foot light mover, though.

Do you have 8 foot tall ceilings?

I currently use a DE ushio on a 1000 watt galaxy amp like the one in your video, and would love to to do a side by side in my 6x12 RDWC with a chiller flower room...

I am an experienced grower. I have 9 foot ceilings in my basement grow room. I am using 3 three different brands of LED lighting currently. I would be happy to showcase your product in a grow.

My current grow is linked in my signature, perpetual grow. I do everything from pollination to grafting experiments...photos and Autos.

The basement grow room is about 16' x 12'. Approximate. It's big. :)

Thanks for the contest!

:circle-of-love:

LEDRF....do you take bribes?!? LOL..... I think this is an awesome thing you are doing. I have been secretly lurking and stalking your threads and grows, amazed at the freaking monsters you grow. Turns out....ITS THE LIGHT! I did a few auto grows last year but posted on another site. I am just starting up a grow right now using a couple reflector LED's in an 8' Gorilla tent. <wink wink-nudge nudge>. Wouldn't you really like to see a fresh noob outgrow everyone else with this light? Huh? :rofl: Seriously, I will be keeping my eyes on this light as it looks exactly like what I need. Next time I'm looking to upgrade.......I'll be getting one of these!

I am not a grower yet.
But this is the best looking led in that price range I've seen. I know what I'm getting for birthday. Thanks for shareing.

Sent from my SM-J100VPP using 420

Well I have a few decades of experience and used to grow with all 1000w back in the 90s. I have an 8 ft ceiling in basement and was planning on running a light mover as well. I tend to keep my plants as short and squat as possible. If you go to Shiggityflip hits the brix in my sig, you will see my recent harvested plants and the extreme trichome level they put out for me. Here is a good starting point to peruse! And it's only day 39 post flip! Scroll to post #340.

Shiggityflip Hits The Brix - Growing Using Doc Bud's High Brix Soil Kit

P3200803.JPG

I feel I am already pushing the limit on sugar and want to explore it even further. Right now I am using two air cooled 600W hps and four eshine 3w X 150 lights. Would be nice to go all LED to save on heat and push the trichs even more. I like to think I am a trichome cultivator. My new journal in my sig has the next group of flowering ladies including the Twister, a clone only strain I have kept for almost 20 years. She is quite the lady for sure, a 60% sativa with little stretch that produces the stickiest buds I have ever grown. Here she is at day 15 post flip.

P4250812.JPG

By the way, your light is flippin' gorgeous. I love the housing and its awesome industrial look. It's the kind of light that would be easy to showcase. I am currently growing in a 5x10 but this can easily be expanded further. If I really enjoy the first one, my space would be perfect to purchase another. I plan on getting the agramover as it has the highest quality components and could handle several lights.

I have a lot of new cool strains to drop like Bogs sour bubble, Panama, purple haze, dynasty bluniverse, GG#4 X Dosido, and my first auto Dark devil. Just fell in love with her from this forum. Right now I am reversing sex on the twister to self and cross with my best strains. I also plan on getting some far red trigger lights for enhancing the conversion of photochrome after lights out. I'm salivating at the chance to harness the power of this baby.

Shiggityflip, you got my attention big time. Beautiful plants, man.
Thanks LEDRF! You got my attention with that light video! I am perplexed how you pulled that kind of efficiency! That par test made me stand at attention. And high efficiency means less heat per unit of lux or PAR. Very exciting project indeed. This is going to be the next big thing. I used to compare LEDs by real draw. That just won't work with this light. Two of my 3w X 150 lights have a draw of 530W and there is just no comparison.

Shiggity, thanks. It took a lot of prototyping and thinking and rethinking. I started to think it just wasn't possible to match a Gavita with much less electricity. Too much money spent, that's for sure, but I sort of obsess over goals I have. I grew autos for years just to break the world record. That was my only goal, lol.

I managed to do it with a freak of nature. 2.95 pounds. It wasn't the best looking, but damn if one indoor auto didn't produce almost 3 pounds. Before that my record was 14.3oz of pretty nice looking Northern Lights.

Shiggity, thanks. It took a lot of prototyping and thinking and rethinking. I started to think it just wasn't possible to match a Gavita with much less electricity. Too much money spent, that's for sure, but I sort of obsess over goals I have. I grew autos for years just to break the world record. That was my only goal, lol.

I managed to do it with a freak of nature. 2.95 pounds. It wasn't the best looking, but damn if one indoor auto didn't produce almost 3 pounds. Before that my record was 14.3oz of pretty nice looking Northern Lights.

How did you get an auto to grow long enough to get 3 lbs?

Back
Top Bottom