3x3x5 Grow Tent - 400w LED - Heat Issues - Please Help!

KnottyDread

Wats up yall....I have a 3x3x5 grow tent 400w led 2 fans and a 6in duck fan at 240cfm for exhaust...my tent is in a closet and I cant get my temp below 100...any advice.

20160502_121124.jpg
20160429_121327.jpg
20160502_121119.jpg
20160429_121335.jpg

Where is the fresh air intake? I suspect it is in the closet too? Run a fresh air intake from a room that is air conditioned to tent and vent exhaust outside the closet as well, stop recycling heat buildup in the room.

Your exhaust fan should be creating negative pressure which would draw cool air in via intake holes or vents. also you should be venting out of the room completely otherwise you just cycling back in warm air. I exhaust from my closet tent directly into the attic. When temps climb I open the closet door. Portable AC might be required If your rooms ambient temp is high as well.

Good luck. Takes a lot of work to dial in a closet setup. It's an environment within an environment.

Get a high quality variac speed controller. I turn down my 460cfm exhaust fan about 50% and it's very silent. My 4 inch duct fan is louder.

Did you start the seedlings under the LED I have 400w at a foot away should I raise them, I feel as though they should be stretching more than they are currently?

Get a high quality variac speed controller. I turn down my 460cfm exhaust fan about 50% and it's very silent. My 4 inch duct fan is louder.

I built a box for my 4in inline because it was so loud. I will prob invest in a larger fan and a speed controller for extra silence.

My plants are in the basement and I had a non-heat issue with a LED. Had to use a heater during the winter time.

Not sure when you have the lights come on but if you run them at Night
when its cooler, it will help. Also watch fans at top of tent I have found
they will cause a higher temp also, I guess in my set up they were pushing
the hot air back down onto my canopy where I have my temp/Humidity meter
set up.

Back
Top Bottom