Dooski's Grow v2.0 Dwc Ice Chest Afgan Kush Ryder

Hey everyone! Welcome to Dooski's grow v2.0! Since I had great results last run and money has been tight I didnt really end up making any big changes besides the strain. Its like that old saying "If its not broke don't fix it" I tried germinating in root starter plugs instead of paper towels/rockwool and they worked wonderfully. My germination numbers last time were the only thing I was unhappy with. I stuck the seeds in on 1/16 and within 72 hours they popped out of the plugs. A day or two later I noticed one of them only had 1 starter leaf and she ended up lagging a little behind the other from then on. When they were about 5 days old I put them in the hydro setup. Because money was tight I tried running a smaller res at the start to save on nutes but that didnt work out well. Since the smaller res was uninsulated and temps were running high they started to develop some root problems after about a week. It took me a few days to catch on and when I did I moved them to the ice chest. After being in the ice chest for a few days they recovered nicely and began showing some big beautiful white roots. Since then they have been growing like crazy. They only got 52w of cfl up until they were moved to the ice chest, and 200w of hps since then. Also they have been and will stay on a 20-4 light cycle their entire life as recommended. If there is anything that anyone wants to know or that I left out please dont hesitate to ask. And thanks for checking out my grow!
:Namaste:

What strain is it?
World of Seeds Afghan Kush Ryder Autoflowering is a result of numerous experiments that had been carried out to create new, strong and potential marijuana strains. The famous seed of Afghan Kush was back crossed with a Ruderalis and gave a start to Afghan Kush Ryder. This 100% indica hybrid instantly became a favorite on international cannabis markets for her easy growing qualities and high narcotic abilities, some of which are incredible medical values. Afghan Kush marijuana strain has strong hashish smell so popular amongst marijuana smokers. Her hardwood sweet taste combined with a very narcotic effect (THC — 21.6%) makes her one of our bestsellers. Being a auto-flowering marijuana, Afghan Kush Ryder grows from a cannabis seed flower in response to age rather than light cycle. She will grow vegetative for approximately 14 days then enter into a rapid, almost violent flowering period. For the next 55 days, she will branch out profusely, throw out pistils in their thousands, calyxes will swell and a coating of resin glands will make the mature plant glisten as if dusted with fine cannabis diamonds. Being quite petite, Afghan Kush Ryder automatic remains a great yielder, producing as much as 150-200 gr. per m2 when grown indoors. The cross with a ruderalis also means that Afghan Kush Ryder cannabis seeds can be grown virtually anywhere with the high tolerance to such risks as mold and pests. Balconies, patios, window boxes, indoors or outdoors, this connoisseur grade seed is now attainable for every marijuana grower. With a lifespan of a mere 55 days from seed to harvest, it is not only possible to get an early harvest of high quality marijuana but multiple harvests per season. Growing Afghan Kush Ryder indoors recommends 20 hours of light daily throughout the cycle. She is happy to grow outdoors from as early as March with a harvest in May to return to a plant in June with a harvest in August. The increased height compared to earlier auto-flowering strains brings with it increased yield.

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
100% Indica

Indoor or outdoor?
Indoor

Soil or Hydro?
Hydro

If hydro... what is in your mix?
Advanced Nutrients Jungle Juice 3 part and root/bloombastic

If hydro... What size res?
10 gallon

Size of light?
400w hps dimmed down to 200w at the moment

Is it aircooled?
Technically yes

Temp of Room/cab?
26-29c lately

RH of Room/cab?
55%

PH of media or res?
5.4-6.2

How often are you watering?
always

Day 1
Day_1_1-21.jpg

Day 8
Day_8_1-28.jpg

Day 15
Day_157.jpg

Day 19 both show signs of being female
Day_197.jpg

Day 21
Day_21_2-10_1.jpg

Day_21_2-10_2.jpg

Day_21_2-10_3.jpg

Day 23/Today
Day_23_2-12.jpg

hey there brother!

gurls are looking great! very healthy and they look happy as can be :] excellent growth so far, the one on the right in your pics looks like she's pumping! but im interested in why they are showing pistils so early?? are you into flowering cycle? what light cycle are you using?
keep up the green work dude :cheesygrinsmiley: :thumb:

Hey Alkhemist! Thanks for stopping in and for the complements!

Im not sure about the pistils but I think its just the strain. Its an auto and is said to start to flower after 14 days. Also im running a 20/4 light cycle from start to finish as recommended by world of seeds.

looking beautiful brother!

can hardly wait to see how the buds turn out! :cheesygrinsmiley: nice little dwc btw!
can u give us an idea of what you're feeding at the moment in your dwc? a brief rundown of your feeding schedule would be awsum :cheesygrinsmiley:
im gonna chuck in a few autos with my next grow.. juz a black domina auto fem, critical auto and a black dom x cheese- can hardly wait to see how they go :]].. ive been thinking about getting a few "60day wonders" and im really wanting to try the one seemorebuds grew, "think different".. looked like a GREAT yielder!! (The Most Amazing Autoflower Grow Ever Recorded!!!- LED, DWC, THINK DIFFERNT - YouTube).
ive never smoked an auto before except some ruderalis i had years ago... so i'd be keen to hear what you think of the flavour and effects too!

keep up the good work dude :thumb: :Namaste:

Thanks my man!

Im getting pretty excited too and that video only added to it:) "Think Different" definitely has me thinking differently. Ive really never smoked an auto either and I will be sure and let you know what she's like. You may want to look into mixing autos because they like some crazy light cycles. On my nutes Ive always just went with the recommended dose on the bottle and have had good results. When I did a change the other day (transition/bloom phase) I put about 90ml of jj micro, 70ml of jj grow, 125ml of jj bloom, and 25ml of bloombastic in 32L of water. I currently have 2 4L bottles of water in the res taking up space to help save on nutes. I usually go 10 days between res changes. At the stage they are at now they will drink about 4L in 3 days so Im not adding any nutes to the top off at this point but once the intake increases a little more I will. Also switching out 3 frozen water bottles once a day keeps my res temps around 15-19c.

just awesome! yeah i hear ya on the light cycles for autos! was checking some out just a few days ago... could use upto 20 hours of light each day! something to consider for sure. sounds like a pretty tight schedule bro :thumb: yeah i change every 10 days with this top feed system too with an occasional top up every 5th day due to slight evaporation. what EC/PPM you got at present? just to be annoying ;] good thinking re the ice water bottles in the res :cheesygrinsmiley: simple and very easy to rotate a few bottles through your freezer each day! good stuff :goodjob:
yeah "think different" certainly seems like a juicy strain indeed! and depending on what you want in your flavors the ole cinderella 99's get some SIZE the likes of which ive rarely seen for indoor grows! truly phenomenal growth! but that's pure sativas for ya too ;] smokemupm8 has one helluva grow journal with his cindies .. MAD i tell ya LOL

keep up the great work :Namaste: :peace:

Just made it over dooskie, I'm subd up.

:thumb: Glad to have ya!

just awesome! yeah i hear ya on the light cycles for autos! was checking some out just a few days ago... could use upto 20 hours of light each day! something to consider for sure. sounds like a pretty tight schedule bro :thumb: yeah i change every 10 days with this top feed system too with an occasional top up every 5th day due to slight evaporation. what EC/PPM you got at present? just to be annoying ;] good thinking re the ice water bottles in the res :cheesygrinsmiley: simple and very easy to rotate a few bottles through your freezer each day! good stuff :goodjob:
yeah "think different" certainly seems like a juicy strain indeed! and depending on what you want in your flavors the ole cinderella 99's get some SIZE the likes of which ive rarely seen for indoor grows! truly phenomenal growth! but that's pure sativas for ya too ;] smokemupm8 has one helluva grow journal with his cindies .. MAD i tell ya LOL

keep up the great work :Namaste: :peace:

Ya the 20 hours of light thing is crazy. I was a little skeptical at first but is seems to be working with these nicely. Im not really sure what my ppm is, I broke my meter last run and haven't got a new one yet. I need to get a new one and grab a new ph meter while im at it. I've been using one of those yellow ones and I bet its not very accurate. Would you please shoot me a link to smokemupm8's grow?

I got some cup hooks and line and will be tying the ladies off to the lid in several spots to help spread them out a bit here in a little while.
Pics from today day 31. The buds have begun!

IMAG09341.jpg

IMAG09313.jpg

IMAG09351.jpg

wow.. the one on the right seems so much more advanced than the other! fascinating how that can happen.. looking great dude! :cheesygrinsmiley:

I know crazy right. The smaller one was handicapped from day 1, when it sprouted it only had 1 starter leaf. Its even getting a little more light because the bulb itself is directly over it also.

Pics from today day 33. Got the bigger one tied off and im slowly spreading her apart. Her main branches are well developed so its slow moving.:)

IMAG09492.jpg

IMAG09473.jpg

IMAG09483.jpg

howsit bro!

looks like the one on the left has caught up in height! :thumb: now she's just gotta fatten up like her sister ;] buds have set really nicely and i like what you've done with your 'tie down' hooks around the edges- cool brother.. can hardly wait to see how those buds turn out! :cheesygrinsmiley:

keep up the great work :Namaste:

howsit bro!

looks like the one on the left has caught up in height! :thumb: now she's just gotta fatten up like her sister ;] buds have set really nicely and i like what you've done with your 'tie down' hooks around the edges- cool brother.. can hardly wait to see how those buds turn out! :cheesygrinsmiley:

keep up the great work :Namaste:

Thanks buddy! She is catching up nicely, and even had to be tied down like her fellow sister:)

Pics from today day 35. Got both the ladies tied off and bumped the light up to 400w. They are drinking up nutes like crazy:thumb:

IMAG09702.jpg

IMAG09654.jpg

Back
Top Bottom