What is wrong with my seedling?

GrowInTheDark

I have a seedling that i planted with 2 others in the same container with the same soil, and the other 2 are growing fine and are already growing theyre five finger leaves, but this one is not growing normal at all, it didnt even grow its true leaves, just a stem and what appears to be another cotlyedon. Any advice

I have a seedling that i planted with 2 others in the same container with the same soil, and the other 2 are growing fine and are already growing theyre five finger leaves, but this one is not growing normal at all, it didnt even grow its true leaves, just a stem and what appears to be another cotlyedon. Any advice

That is odd, isn't it? These plants will do the strangest things sometimes. She looks like she is trying to figure it out, and will probably for a while try to send up two or three main branches after this gets resolved. I would watch her and look for her to do some great things for you... sometimes its these fighters that produce the best product.

Just be sure to water her correctly and let her dry out each time between waterings, and lets see what she does! Good luck! --Emmie

i was expecting it it grow a little taller, like the other ones, and i was going to top it with soil right up to the cotyledon leaves, but shes not doin much, its been 3 weeks and its sisters are doin fine so i think it might have a genetic problem.

Here is an updated pic of my little mutant, a bunch of weird new leaves have grown.
20151122_082122_1_.jpg

I had a little mutant seed kinda like that - it grew odd from the day it germinated. It later turned male. Is that from an auto seed? I think those little autos get some weird genetic issues from seed to seed.

im not sure what it is, i used bagseed, and my other 5 are just great, whats wierd is that this plant is 30 days old, it was planted with the others, sprouted with the others, but then grew a wierd stem and leaf instead of true leaves, and now this 1 month later. the others are on their 5 finger leaves.

im not sure what it is, i used bagseed, and my other 5 are just great, whats wierd is that this plant is 30 days old, it was planted with the others, sprouted with the others, but then grew a wierd stem and leaf instead of true leaves, and now this 1 month later. the others are on their 5 finger leaves.

Yeah, that is weird!! I had that one back a while back, and I let it grow up for about 6 weeks - it was like the strangest thing compared to the other seedlings. They were all 3 times bigger - it looked just like them but so much smaller, same number of nodes, leaves, everything but WAY smaller. I would have grown it all the way out to harvest if it hadn't turned male. It was just pretty fascinating checking it every day because of how "wrong" it always was.

Also, you got some pretty lucky bagseed - your little beauties look like they have a lot of indica in their genetics - those dark, fat leaves - love 'em.

Thank you. :) Over time they all came out of good stuff, im thinking next time ill buy some feminized seeds online, i don't like males lol. if any of my plants turn male, ill probably herme them, i don't want to kill them.

Ha yeah I almost cried the day I pulled that last male plant and stuffed it in the compost bin.

Your cannabis seedling appears to be growing its first set of true leaves. Your cannabis seedlings growth rate may be severely slowed and have other abnormalities and would best be discarded. What size container were you growing your 3 cannabis plants growing in?

in solo size cups, and the other 2 were fine, and i don't want to discard it, it's just a little messed up, im not hoping to get anything off of it really, im just interested in it and want to see it grow into an adult.:)

in solo size cups, and the other 2 were fine, and i don't want to discard it, it's just a little messed up, im not hoping to get anything off of it really, im just interested in it and want to see it grow into an adult.:)

How's it looking now?

I didn't catch this on the first round...It is funny how you start reading and then realize it is way old...

I was gonna say though...just be patient and don't over water and it will come around. I have seen worse make it. Often times they can be damaged naturally just trying to get out of the soil. the husk can cause problems. And much like back when they used Tongs to pull babies out and that deformed the head...the real young ones can be deformed if they have a problem exiting the husk and soil. But if you don't over water they usually always come around. Usually people are in a panic and don't know what else to do but water so the drown them and that's all she wrote. They drown real easy that young.

Good light, not too bright or hot, decent humidity and she will come around.

Back
Top Bottom