Why is my stem so long?

Turfarea

Hey everyone,

I notice alot of growers photos on here and their plants have leaves right out of the soil. My plant it going straight north, about 4 inch long now.

This sits on a window, so its on a day light cycle. I add fan to plant to try and make it stronger. Im unsure of seed type and it was given to me and this is my first time growing. I used mericle grow soil.

420-magazine-mobile1616050855.jpg

Anything i could do the get the leaves bigger or stay status quo..this will be an outdoor plant once weather gets nice.

Thanks!

Hey everyone,

I notice alot of growers photos on here and their plants have leaves right out of the soil. My plant it going straight north, about 4 inch long now.

This sits on a window, so its on a day light cycle. I add fan to plant to try and make it stronger. Im unsure of seed type and it was given to me and this is my first time growing. I used mericle grow soil.

Anything i could do the get the leaves bigger or stay status quo..this will be an outdoor plant once weather gets nice.

Thanks!
Anything below the cotyleons is basically roots, I would add more soil up until about 2/3 under them first round baby leaves.

Put it in a bigger pot with dirt up to the first leaves. Plus you need a light source that's closer to the leaves. Put your hand over the plant and bring the light as close to your hand as possible without burning it, until you feel the warmth of the light. If your hand is comfy for a minute, so will your plant. ;) You'll see the difference in a week.

And don't over water it. a seedling just needs watering every few days. (3) Depending on how dry your dirt gets. Most newbes tend to over water. I almost still do it but ive learned that less is more when it comes to seedlings.

Yes this a very friendly place :)

When things warm up, there are a couple of steps to consider before you put it outside. One is to 'harden' the plant (think thats what they call it) by slowly increasing the amount of outside full sun time. Otherwise it can get sunburned.

Also recommend you set up your lighting schedule to match the daylight hours for what it will be on the date you plan to keep it outside.

I'm up near Ottawa Canada. The cold and frost prevents full time outside before end of May. I managed to burn them even with the part time sun exposure during the hardening stage in May. Lesson learned ....

Stretching. Lower lights during veg growth seedling. Play with the light distances. Take notes and methods L ✌✌

I'm up near Ottawa Canada. The cold and frost prevents full time outside before end of May. I managed to burn them even with the part time sun exposure during the hardening stage in May. Lesson learned ....
So what would you do different in May?? Outside less time?? Only a couple hours a day outside and rest near window? Im in Ontario too and Im thinking I started to soon. Should have waited until May to germinate.

I gave them too much too soon. So yes less time at the start then slowly increase. I'll be starting some this weekend and was going to do some research to see if I can find an exposure schedule for hardening plants. I'll share what I find.

Many easy to find articles. I liked this one:

NOLIVELINK9 Steps to Harden Off Seedlings

Thanks for everyone's answers. So this is what I decided to do.

420-magazine-mobile2132856520.jpg

420-magazine-mobile572840110.jpg

I'm using Miracle Grow. How much of an issue using this soil be...or will I be fine?

420-magazine-mobile644561797.jpg

Thank You!!

Hey everyone,

Thanks!

The Light is too high and she's trying to reach out. The stem stays relatively short under adequate light.
420-magazine-mobile640291917.jpg

Back
Top Bottom