How does she look? My first grow

joshuaseid94

Hey guys,
I just wanted to start by introducing myself. My name is Josh and I am from the east coast. I am in the middle of my first grow and I am so excited to be a part of this community!

So my friend who did a home grow gave me a few seeds a few years ago and they sat in my drawer in a bag for about 2 years. When early June came around I took the plunge and decided to attempt to germinate them (wasn't sure if they were any good). Fortunately they were and I am about a month and a half into my grow (I started a bit late). I believe my plant is female but I am no expert and so would love if someone has any input? I posted some photos and hope they work.

My primary concern is the nitrogen/calcium levels. Someone had told me she looks nitrogen/calcium deficient but they, like me, are no expert. I was wondering if someone could give me some input on this as well?

I use water from my tap to water her because I live on a property that uses well water and so I do not need to worry about any added chemicals. I tested the pH to be 6.4-6.6 and I used my pool test kit to test the soil as well (6.4-6.6). I use compost tea majority of the time to water her and mist her as well a few times a day because it can get kinda hot where I live. I also have recently started giving her organic plant food once every two weeks since she started seeming yellowish green and not a deep green. I would love some input from anyone with experience and maybe some pointers to help me as I move forward in this amazing journey.

Thank you all for your time and I look forward to hearing from you guys!

Best,
Josh
MJ_3.jpg
MJ_4.jpg
MJ_21.jpg
MJ_12.jpg

Hey guys,
I just wanted to start by introducing myself. My name is Josh and I am from the east coast. I am in the middle of my first grow and I am so excited to be a part of this community!

So my friend who did a home grow gave me a few seeds a few years ago and they sat in my drawer in a bag for about 2 years. When early June came around I took the plunge and decided to attempt to germinate them (wasn't sure if they were any good). Fortunately they were and I am about a month and a half into my grow (I started a bit late). I believe my plant is female but I am no expert and so would love if someone has any input? I posted some photos and hope they work.

My primary concern is the nitrogen/calcium levels. Someone had told me she looks nitrogen/calcium deficient but they, like me, are no expert. I was wondering if someone could give me some input on this as well?

I use water from my tap to water her because I live on a property that uses well water and so I do not need to worry about any added chemicals. I tested the pH to be 6.4-6.6 and I used my pool test kit to test the soil as well (6.4-6.6). I use compost tea majority of the time to water her and mist her as well a few times a day because it can get kinda hot where I live. I also have recently started giving her organic plant food once every two weeks since she started seeming yellowish green and not a deep green. I would love some input from anyone with experience and maybe some pointers to help me as I move forward in this amazing journey.

Thank you all for your time and I look forward to hearing from you guys!

Best,
Josh
MJ_3.jpg
MJ_4.jpg
MJ_21.jpg
MJ_12.jpg

I would suggest starting with the product "Grow" full of nitrogen ( local grow shop, Amazon) then go to Walmart and get a bag of earthworm castings it's in the garden section $4. .

Do i just mix the worm castings in with the soil? How much castings for a 5 gallon bucket? And I suppose for the "grow" I can just follow the directions on the package.

Do i just mix the worm castings in with the soil? How much castings for a 5 gallon bucket? And I suppose for the "grow" I can just follow the directions on the package.

I just put a layer of the earthworm castings on top and just let it swap down. As far as grow it's a liquid fertilizer if you live in mass Maine etc easy to find. Depending on the week on how much you give. One of my plants I give 1.54 ounces of grow ( and others ) You tube the Internet and 420.

Might be too early in its development to determine sex.

Earthworm castings contain lots of humus, nitrogen, phosphorous, potassium, magnesium, calcium, et cetera. You can mix it all through the soil or if your plants are already established, apply a layer on top and kind of scratch it in.

I might set a rooted clone outside in the woods next year (probably not, lol, but considering it). If I do, I'll add some earthworm castings and maybe a little Epsom salt (for the magnesium). Then I'll mix in a healthy amount of Osmocote Plus, water it well, and hope that we get regular rain, lol, because I will be unlikely to do more than (possibly) check on it a couple of times. IOW, minimal effort, low risk, not expecting much, and if I wander back to it at the end of the season and find mature buds, I'll be pleasantly surprised; if I do not, I won't be all that torn up about it, because I wouldn't have expended much effort.

EDIT: I've used the Neptune's Harvest line of products before outdoors. I chose them because they don't kill the microbial life in the soil. Not exactly a real high-production nutrient line, IMHO, but okay and doesn't appear to interfere with the flavor.

Back
Top Bottom