Pruning & striking leaves during flowering?

WCJ11

Hey guys! I'm currently in day 35 of my first grow! I'm growing 4 Northern Lights Auto from Crop Kings. My plants are currently flowering but there are a lot of fan leaves. I was wondering if it would make sense to cut leaves right now during flowering and of so, would it have any effect of the health of my plants
420-magazine-mobile1159771339.jpg
420-magazine-mobile825227128.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1110775671.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1646515432.jpg

Re: Pruning/ striking leaves during flowering ??

Most people claim to do as little as possible pruning during flowering. Just prune whatever is blocking light to other leaves. It may slow growth momentarily but nothing you will notice. I would make sure they are in great health when you do it. Looks like you have some pretty droopy leaves in the last pic.

Most people claim to do as little as possible pruning during flowering. Just prune whatever is blocking light to other leaves. It may slow growth momentarily but nothing you will notice. I would make sure they are in great health when you do it. Looks like you have some pretty droopy leaves in the last pic.

Here is a picture of them currently, let me know what you think!

Personally, I would definitely do some defol. Indoors there is only so much light and all the leaves are competing. Strike a balance.

It could go either way do you think that you are done stretch ? Bc if not wait til stretch is complete then of colas aren't where you want them defoil or train I have 2 autos that I am trying to wait on stretch I want to clean them so bad I have put it in a red spectrum to have more stretch they are 4 weeks old so they are perfect time for flower to start on a XL auto . So I am waiting til stretch is over then I'll either train or I'll cut some leaves off but autos like there solar panels

I wouldnt defol anything on them in terms of fan leaves. But id take the sucker branches and pop corn off lower down to direct flowering energy to tops. Defol can be done in flower when rooms are crowded and light isnt getting through the canopy and also where airflow is a problem. However autos are more sensitive than photos and can take time to recover. In your example i wouldnt bother.

Looks like your feeds may be a little too strong also so back off a touch.

Do you know if you lollipop your autos? I have some starting to stretch and want to lollipop some LOW bran

I dont grow autos, i just think they are a waste of time unless growing outdoors. However i always lollipop everything including autos when ive grown them. You just have to be careful not to remove too much on autos.

Well these bushes are currently in stretch and I only run autos while photos veg that way I always have a harvest and i have 4 different rooms 2 : 5*5*7. 1: 4*4*7 amd 1 4*2*7 so the 2 5 by 5 are flowering 4*4 is veg / autos and 4*2 is over flow when get over crowded
420-magazine-mobile316276451.jpg
early veg/autos
420-magazine-mobile1848156694.jpg
flower room 315 LEC/CMH amd mars Hydro 192
420-magazine-mobile506420618.jpg
PS GOLIATH SOG ALL 22 clones are blue dream and C 99 and 1 lemon haze I can't wait til they go crazy currently day 7 from flip

Oh yea and there is 4 plants in that 5*5 that are all mothers I flipped so they are BIG FILL ENTIRE ROOM

Back
Top Bottom