DWC - Rapid rooters - 1st proper leaves - But going away for a couple of weeks

shedhead

Hi all, 2nd DWC grow underway and learned a lot from the first.

Too many plants in a 8 foot x 4 foot cabinet - i had 6. Humidity was a nightmare - now have a standalone AC unit and added 2 extra UFO lights to supplement the main unit

And different strains wasn't a great idea - but got a result out of it - damn that Girl Scout is fine!

So this time going for 3 x Blackberry Kush Autos - all 3 have shown their first leaves and I have tap roots showing

They've been in for a week from seed, germed in 3 days straight in the rooters. Now first leaves are showing & looking good

Ph'd the RO water to 6 and added weak rhizo solution - 2ml per litre - 15 litre box so 30ml

Temps all good and RH.

Have top feed drippers as well - now running 3 x a day for 15 mins

The only thing is i have to go away last min for work - 2 weeks. Do you think it will be ok to leave the girls as they wont get any nutes until i return.

So will be pushing twds 2.5 weeks since germination before feeding.

Don't really want to bring anyone into the mix if I don't have to

Re: DWC, rapid rooters, 1st proper leaves showing - but going away for a couple off w

Your main concern will be your reservoir drying out, make sure there's plenty of liquid in there and they should be fine... I would leave the PPM's on the low-end of things and maybe even leave the pH fairly low too before you leave

Re: DWC, rapid rooters, 1st proper leaves showing - but going away for a couple off w

Hi Lonestar

Its holding 4 gallons/15 litres with liquid just touching bottom of net pots

3 plants, Auto Blackberry Kush. I was going to go for 2 but planted 3 in case one didn't pop - thinking of keeping them all going unless 1 drops out early

Cupboard is 3' wide x 6' tall x 1½' deep

360 Watt Duo-Drive LED

2 x 300 watt UFO LED

Top feed drip heads

Have a 30 litre back up res feeding to a float valve if water drops very low - but this is a few inches below net pots before kicking in

Also has a an auto PH system, but i don't trust it - freaked on me before and dumped a shit load of PH up/down in the res

Current readings are:

PPM to start before adding PH down was 25

PPM is now 276 - it got this high due to adding PH down to get the RO water at 5.9.

Added 30ml of Rhizo - adjusted PH back down

PH now 5.94

Water temp 71

Humidity 54%

Only just showing first leaves at mo germinated 5 days ago

Back
Top Bottom