New to this forum and 1st time grower questions

Aaronjl1985

Hey everyone!

I'm new to the forum and I've already done a little research but since my situation may be different then others I thought I would come on and ask the questions rather then spend all the time searching for them.

My plan is to grow in my garage over the winter time. My Garage is kept at 16*C/60.8*F so my plan is to set up a 4x8x8 or 4x8x7. I'll be using DuroFoam 4x8x1inch boards to make my grow area. I chose build a little area with this because it's cheaper then buying a grow tent of that size and It will help keep the heat inside using a radiant heater with thermostat to the temperature around 70*F rather then making my entire garage that temperature. Each sheet costs $15 so my grow room will cost $60. I'm building it in the corner so ill only need 4 sheets as I'll be using the existing walls for the back side. I'll be growing indica as these will be a little shorter in height. I'll be using 5 gallon buckets for each plant.

Questions
1. Do i go with a white poly on the inside or go with the reflection sheeting?
2. I would like to do 6-8 plants. Is this manageable in a 4x8x8 space? (Yes I know it depends on lighting, see next question pls)
3. In a 4x8x8 space wanting 6-8 plants or more what LEDS do you recommend? Do I go with 2 600W LED's, 2 1000w's? More or less? Also what brand do you recommend and where do you recommend I buy these?

This is just the start. I already have the seeds and am eager to get started my 1st indoor grow. I do plan on adding fans & ventilation. I'll be starting with 18/6.

Thanks for taking the time to read and any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

I'll take a shot at some of this.
First, do be careful with flammable foam + lights & heaters. ;)
1. White poly or reflection sheeting probably doesn't make that much difference, to my surprise, I discovered they reflect about the same.
2. I'll let someone else weigh in on this one. I grow dwarves. ;)
3. Because cannabis loves light, when in doubt, more light! 1000 watts over a 4x4 space doesn't seem like too much. Mars Hydro is a popular brand.

Good luck and have fun!

Back
Top Bottom