My first harvest

kab9

This was grown from a seed... advertised as "g13 x buddha", which is supposed to be 75% Sativa x 25% Indica. It stayed very short, and the leaves were quite wide in the beginning, so I don't really know what the genetics are. I grew it under a halo of CFL bulbs, more than 550W at the end. You can only see about half the bulbs in this picture. There were everywhere... on the sides, underneath... When buds developed, I tried to keep the bulbs 2" to 3" away.

IMG_34132.JPG

I was looking for a Sativa type high, and I wanted to wait as long as possible before harvesting, because I've read that almost all first time growers cut too early. I probably did too, but I let this go 12 full weeks under 12/12 lighting. Most of the hairs were red, the leaves were yellowing, and the trichromes were about 20% amber. The calyxes were swelling, but the hairs had not yet receded into the calyxes.

IMG_34141.JPG

I didn't want to let the trichromes go any further, but it might have been cool to harvest all the tops, and yellow leaves, and let those lower green branches go for a while.

IMG_34232.JPG

I know one thing I did wrong at the end.. I cut too soon after watering, so that will slow down the drying. Here it is after the first rough trim:

IMG_3427.JPG

I took off the branches and trimmed some more. There are still some small leaves attached, but everything is sticky and covered with trichromes. I mostly use a vape, so I don't care if the small leaves make the smoke a little harsh... I probably won't be able to detect it.
img-3435.249713

Here are the two largest buds:

IMG_3433_.jpg

The raw weight is 510 grams, but that is way high because it is so wet, and there is a lot of stem attached. I'm guessing I will get maybe 2 oz dry.
IMG_3432.JPG

Here it is, hanging:
IMG_3435.JPG

I collected about a half gram of scissor hash. Let me tell you, that stuff is the one-hit-shit!! :tokin:
IMG_34311.JPG

Now I gotta cross my fingers and hope I can get it dry and cured without any mold. I put a dehumidifier in the room, and a couple of small fans are running. The temperature is about 65 degrees.

Finally, I collected 22 grams (wet weight) of popcorn buds from the bottom, and I am going to use them and the trimmings to try to make some ice-hash.

Any comments are welcome.

Great job on your first harvest!!:thumb:

It weighed a little over 3 ounces dry, and trimmed. Pretty good stuff too, so I'm very happy with the result.

I had full use of a cold cellar, under our front porch. Inside that, I made a wooden cabinet, painted flat white to reflect the light. The inside dimensions of the cabinet are 17" x 32" I think. Something close to that anyway... you can see it in the 3rd picture. It wasn't really deep enough, so I would make it at least 24" for the next time.

holy crap... it's still growing leaves out of the cut-down branches. Lot's of them! I didn't know this could happen. I just put it back under 6500K bulbs, 24/0.

Great job for your first harvest man!! Question, why not get yourself a 600W HID or LED instead of all those CFL's? You would see even better results without a doubt!

Back
Top Bottom