KushGod's Outdoor UK Master Kush & Sensi Skunk Soil & Compost Grow Journal

KushGod

Hello 420 Magazine members and welcome to my first ever Grow Journal. Go easy on me, I'm still quite new to this community.

I currently have a variety of strains growing at 2 separate plots of private family property but for simplicity this journal will focus on my White Label Seeds Master Kush outdoor UK grow and my Sensi Seeds Sensi Skunk outdoor UK grow which are all contained at what we will call Plot 1. I will document Plot 2 in a separate 420 grow journal very soon.

So here we go, this could get emotional!

I ordered all seeds for this plot, 9 seeds in total, directly from Sensi Seeds in Amsterdam and they were and always have been a delight to deal with. They are prompt and discreet in delivery of poses some of the very best genetics cannabis has to offer and all for an affordable price.

I ordered and received 6 x White Label Seeds Master Kush feminised photoperiod seeds and 3 x Sensi Seeds Sensi Skunk feminised photoperiod seeds.

420-magazine-mobile575493448.jpg

I decided to save one seed from each strain for my own personal seed bank and possible use next year, leaving 7 seeds in total.

I then proceeded to germinate 2 x Master Kush feminised seeds and 2 x Sensi Skunk feminised seeds directly into compost on 13th April without any pre soak or pre germination technique involved. I always have and always will sew seeds directly into the growing medium, it's the way nature intended it to be and gets great germination results for me personally, the key factor being I always use the correct compost for the job. For germination this time out I used Westmorland GroSure Seed & Cutting compost, a small seedling tray made up of 6 small pots and a small heat mat underneath the seedling tray pots to keep the temperature consistent at between 21c-25c, the ideal temperature range for germination. I then left them on a windowsill out of the way of direct sunlight

As I mentioned earlier I started by germinating 4 seeds in compost on the 13th of April and 5/6 days later (around 18th/19th April) I had 2 small but healthy female Master Kush Seedlings and 2 small but healthy female Sensi Skunk seedlings sat on my windowsill. They all sprouted within 2 days of each other giving me a 100% germination rate so far.

420-magazine-mobile1746262673.jpg

420-magazine-mobile427681264.jpg

This years grow had officially begun and I was as excited as ever.

At this stage the seedlings needed no extra nutrients or feeding as the seedling compost had just the right balance of light base nutrients to support the seedlings early growth at this stage. The seedlings original seed shell also provides these delicate seedlings with a fortnights worth of nutrients so there was absolutely no need to feed them unnecessarily, it would do them more harm than good after all. I simply watered the seedlings individual seedling pots every couple of days for a fortnight or so until they were fully hardened off for the move outside and ready to make the step up to a bigger pot and some proper multi purpose compost.

On 6th May 2017 that day finally came. I transplanted all 4 plants, 2 x Master Kush/2 x Sensi Skunk into 1/2 Litre Pots using Westmorland Multi Purpose Compost and moved the girls outdoors where their remarkable lives could truly begin to flourish.

420-magazine-mobile1172928748.jpg

420-magazine-mobile407498581.jpg

420-magazine-mobile413320959.jpg

As you can clearly see in the photos I marked the pots for strain identification, moved them into a sunny spot and let nature do her thing. I allowed them to continue to grow in those little pots for the next week or so but I already had the next 2 Litre sized pots bleached out and ready for the next transplant. But for now they were happy establishing a good root system and a few more leaves in their tiny pots, they grew very quickly in just a few days.

420-magazine-mobile1706013472.jpg

On the 9th May I sewed another 3 x Master Kush fem seeds directly into seed & cutting compost and placed them on the heat mat on the windowsill. On the 13th May I woke up to 3 new seedlings breaking the dirt and they are now doing extremely well establishing themselves prior to their first transplant.

420-magazine-mobile1696863476.jpg

420-magazine-mobile782935330.jpg

In the end the 'original' girls bullied me into transplanting them into 2 Litre pots. The emotional blackmail and guilt I was sensing became unbearable and their 2nd transplant day arrived just a few days ago on 18th May. It was a very straight forward transplant into the same Westmorland GroSure Multi Purpose compost with zero issues and the girls thanked me for it immediately, they were visibly much happier within an hour of transplant and a good watering. There was still no real need for added nutrients at this stage as that particular compost contains around 3-4 weeks basic feed which is perfect for the early vegetive growth period outdoors. Adding my own nutrients will come later in the cycle once the compost nutrients are exhausted but for now it's just the bigger pots, sun and water.

420-magazine-mobile1060724102.jpg

420-magazine-mobile740230098.jpg

420-magazine-mobile975710038.jpg

As you can see the growth rate is starting to pick up now and they are growing fantastically well without any issues at all. They've been in those pots for 4 days now. I'll give them around another 10-14 days or so in those pots and then I'll transplant them into slightly bigger pots again, those still won't be the final pot they flower in though, the final flowering pots will be 20 Litres minimum but I'll more likely go for 30 Litre square pots this year, I'm not fully decided yet. I'm going for a bigger yield than last year so big roots are vital to that, the bigger the better I say.

Anyway that brings us up to this current day and here's a few pics from the girls today (21st May) and as you can see everything is looking good so far.

420-magazine-mobile348022868.jpg

420-magazine-mobile294032759.jpg

420-magazine-mobile840011504.jpg

420-magazine-mobile329885121.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1973595144.jpg

I have my homemade, DIY bamboo cane & polytunnel fibre rain shelter ready to protect them from any extremely heavy rainfall we may get and I have my pop up greenhouses at the ready to protect them from any extremely cold nights we may get.

All I can really do now is watch and wait, give them round the clock attention, plenty of tender loving care and prepare in advance for the next transplant and any catastrophic problems that may arise.

All being well the catastrophes will be kept down to a minimum and these plants should grow to maturity with very few issues. I hope you will join me for the journey all the way through to final harvest. There will be lots of twists and turns along the way including some FIMMING and LST.

I'll update this journal every other day in detail and also don't forget to keep an eye out for my second grow journal from my second cannabis plot. It's a White Widow feminised & Super Skunk feminised outdoor grow and that grow journal will be up here tomorrow.

Feel free to comment, criticise or praise.

Until my next update..... happy growing guys & girls!

KushGod.

Just a quick update. Weather is fantastic in the UK right now. We have a heatwave hitting us from Spain and the two 4 week old Master Kush fems and two 4 week old Sensi Skunk fems have just shared a gallon of water between them. One notable difference between the two strains is the amount of water they are drinking. The Master Kush don't seem to drink anywhere near the same amount of water as the Sensi Skunk do but they contain less Sativa influence so i guess it's normal. I shall be transplanting all four of the 4 week old plants into their final square pots this weekend but I'm still undecided between 20 or 30 Litre pots, that ten litres could make a huge difference to final harvest and yields.

The three smaller 2- week old Master Kush are also doing very well and are now trying to push out a third set of leaves. I'll be transplanting those into bigger containers and starting to feed 1/4 strength nutrients this weekend but so far they look fantastic. If the weather gods are on my side this year I fully expect some golf ball nugs from the Master Kush and donkey dick colas from the Sensi Skunk. So far all is running smoothly. Zero issues, let's hope it stays that way.

A few photos from the garden today.

420-magazine-mobile1881634853.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1498009366.jpg

420-magazine-mobile18929334.jpg

Hopefully the transplants go well this weekend and no problems arise, until then I'm definitely one happy grower today.

So just a quick update. Remember I said hopefully the catastrophic grow events will be kept down to a minimum this year? Well I encountered a near one just now. Upon my return home from visiting my mum today I went out to the mini greenhouse to check my three Master Kush baby girls and it's a good job I did as the youngest seedling was showing signs of serious heat stress and her first true leaves are shrivelled to a crisp.

420-magazine-mobile1226143608.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2146831515.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2027186056.jpg

Fortunately I got home just in time and not too much damage was done, those first true leaves are all but a goner now though, however a few hours more and it could have been every seedling, it seems only one was effected and she was the youngest by 2 days. All is good after a good water and a little shade though.

With hindsight I probably shouldn't have left 3 week old seedlings in a fully sunlit greenhouse but I've definitely learnt from this mistake.

Catastrophe overted....... For now! .

I've decided this morning that I will begin to LST the younger Master Kush seedlings this week. I plant to tie the main stem down from side to side gradually which will hopefully promote a lot of branching upwards. I'm not doing this LST because of height restrictions the truth is it's purely an experiment, I've seen some absolutely bonkers LST techniques recently and I want to put some of those theories into practice. I plan to grow one of them flat, like a slithering snake, that LST should be the most interesting to watch grow out. Anyway these are the Master Kush girls that will begin their LST journey in the next 48 hours or so. Please excuse the ugly looking heat damage girl on the left, I completely failed her yesterday, terrible parent I know.

420-magazine-mobile687824177.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1078773525.jpg

Wish them luck, their LST future depends on it!

Quick update to the journal.

I transplanted all 7 plants at their various stages today. The 2 x Master Kush 5 week olds and 2 x Sensi Skunk 5 week olds were transplanted to 10 litre pots, I will transplant one more time into 30 Litre pots just before I start light deprivation but I'm slowly working upwards in pot size to promote a nice, compact and healthy rootball on every plant.

The smaller 3 x Master Kush 3 week old seedlings were transplanted into 1.5 litre pots and they will also be gradually up-potted to 30 litre pots to create those strong healthy root balls before they eventually go to flower in my light deprivation shed.

Here's a few pictures of the plants in their new pots. For the purposes of the photograph and dodging a thunderstorm I brought the smallest girls inside to take the pic.

420-magazine-mobile1052035277.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2141955821.jpg

420-magazine-mobile195297515.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1170094026.jpg

I used Westland Multi Purpose compost with added John Innes for all 7 transplants. There were no issues during transplant it was all very straightforward and the plants suffered absolutely no transplant shock.

Anyway that's where we are up to, all 7 plants are now transplanted and they are beginning life in their bigger surroundings. I expect to see an explosion in new growth in no time.

We are nearly at the business end of things and I cannot wait. It's all super exciting.

I will update again very soon. Happy growing everyone!!!

I should also add that the plants on the right hand side in the very first picture are the Sensi Skunk and the two on the left hand side are the Master Kush plants. I'm sure many growers will spot that instantly but I thought I should make it clear for everyone which are which.

The plants are now beginning week 6 from seed. Both the 2 x Sensi Skunk and the 2 x Master Kush are now 6 weeks old and the 3 younger Master Kush seedlings are now beginning their 4th week of growth from seed.

So far so good really, I've encountered no real problems with anything so far. I had to pick a few bugs from the leaves but nothing serious. All plants are very strong and vigorous and are nearly 2 feet tall in their containers, the main stems are scaling like mad which is normally a good sign and side branching is starting to get much bigger.

All in all I'm very happy with the progress.

The only slight concern i have is one of my Sensi Skunks seems to be displaying a different, more Sativa like phenotype to her sister and appears to be growing a little slower and skinnier. If she is more Sativa heavy she may struggle to finish flowering so I need to try and speed her up a bit. I'm thinking of feeding her a little extra and putting her under a couple of lights indoors at night to boost her growth. She's perfectly healthy and displaying pre flowers but she is way behind my other Sensi Skunk in terms of height and branching and they germinated 2 days apart. She still has the same number of fan leaves and nodes as her sister but is visibly smaller. I don't see it being an issue in the long run unless she's actually a runt. Time will tell I guess.

I can also see pre flowers on all the other 6 week old plants so I will be giving them a couple more weeks growth and then I'll begin light deprivation to enduce flowering.

Anyway here's a few photographs to show you the progress.

2 x Master Kush females:

420-magazine-mobile1537169482.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1126826083.jpg

2 x Sensi Skunk females:

420-magazine-mobile2103071748.jpg

420-magazine-mobile310987791.jpg

3 x Master Kush seedlings:

420-magazine-mobile25477201.jpg

420-magazine-mobile506710835.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1210461522.jpg

All 7 plants together:

420-magazine-mobile347269920.jpg

420-magazine-mobile123793562.jpg

As you can see all plants are very green and healthy with zero deficiencies or problems encountered so far. I will update the journal again in a few more days when I transplant the 4 bigger plants into their final 30 Litre pots prior to flowering.

KushGod

Quick update. Today is day 59 since my first sprout showed above soil and the 4 bigger females will be transplanted into 30 Litre pots tomorrow (Day 60 from seed) and light deprivation for those 4 plants ( 2 x Master Kush & 2 x Sensi Skunk ) will begin immediately after that transplant. Tomorrow night will be their first night of flowering. I have another 3 Master Kush around 3 - 4 weeks behind those I will also transplant into 10 Litre pots tomorrow, I will flower those in around 4 weeks time so I get a second harvest but as you can see the bigger girls are more than ready to go to bloom. The fun is about to truly begin. I will post another update post transplant tomorrow.

420-magazine-mobile1817045449.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1629564543.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1326314141.jpg

420-magazine-mobile789406382.jpg

420-magazine-mobile823243887.jpg

They do look vibrant and healthy :thumb:

Well done mate! How are they looking now?

I have 2 small taster master Kush plants just finishing up but I purposely crossed one with a male Sensi Skunk to create some seeds to play about with. Those two are just small early taster plants not grown to their full size but here's a pic of the 3 younger MK just hitting their 18th night of light deprivation and beginning to fuzz up with pistils and a Sensi Skunk female just in front. They are all around 2ft 2/12 ft tall now and have a few days stretching left to do but the Sensi Skunk is 4 weeks plus into full flower and growing a donkey dick central cola.

420-magazine-mobile178688776.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2138936172.jpg

The little taster master Kush at day 46 of flower. Heavily defoliated due to bug attacks leaving vast foliage damage. She has a week or so left I believe. She was just grown very small and flowered early so I could get a taster before the proper outdoor harvest.

420-magazine-mobile1525360014.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1720338721.jpg

And the one female Sensi Skunk I saved is doing well.

420-magazine-mobile944850079.jpg

420-magazine-mobile901692213.jpg

420-magazine-mobile205431388.jpg

420-magazine-mobile699160125.jpg

I'll take some more detailed photos tomorrow and update the journal.

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom