420 Member
Date: 5/22/2017
Time: 5:00 P.M.
Strain: Incredible Bulk (Feminized)
Type: Mostly Indica
Breeder: Dr. Krippling
Genetics: Big Bud x Super Skunk x Green Spirit

0013476.jpg

I've had a few good soil grows under my belt; as well as a few failures; but have somehow managed to stay high throughout it all so I'm not complaining. I am somewhat of a newbie at hydroponics and thought I would try my hand at it. I have tried and failed with hydro in the past. I have heard so much about growing Incredible Bulk in hydroponics - how the plant can take enormous amounts of nutrients, is practically disease free, adapts to its environment, and is forgiving to new growers. Sounds like the perfect seed for the imperfect hydro grower!

I appreciate you for viewing my grow journal and I am certainly hoping to get feedback. Try not to be too critical or technical - as I stated I am somewhat of a newbie hydro grower.

The Layout
0023356.jpg

0052783.jpg

Environment: I'm utilizing a very old Secret Jardin DR60 grow tent. 5'3" tall and 2x2 wide.

I know, I know, I can hear someone say, "Get a bigger tent", but understand that I fall in the lower income bracket and it's what I have.

For the lighting I'll be utilizing a 200 watt Hortilux Metal-Halide light for the vegetative period and a Hortilux 200 watt High Pressure Sodium light for the flowering period.

For the germination stage I will be using rockwool and an AeroGarden Pro for lighting.

Day 001

I am starting the process of soaking my rockwool cubes and prepping my gals (fingers crossed) for germination.

• The cubes are soaking in unchlorinated tap water and have been pH'ed down to 5.0. I am using baking soda and vinegar as the pH +/- so as not to be too strong for the seedlings.
    0042993.jpg

• Soak time is 60 minutes for the rockwool cubes.
    0033204.jpg

• Although I have several seeds; I plan on growing only 4 plants due to the limited space in the tent. 3 seeds for harvest and the 4th seed a mother.
    0062463.jpg

• I have been careful to place the seeds 1/4 inch below the rockwool surface.
  • The light from the AeroGarden is warm and I am trying to keep an ambient temperature of between 70-85 degrees F.
    0072291.jpg

• The AeroGarden lighting system has been separated from the AeroGarden and is running off a separate cord.
  • The lighting system is plugged into a timer which will be running 18 hours on and 6 hours off.

Once the seeds germinate and are somewhat rooted I will give them their permanent homes in the buckets.

That's it for day one. From here all I can do is cross my fingers and hope for the best. Only the next 2 weeks will tell I guess. Once again, your feedback is always welcome and I appreciate you for checking in on my grow.

-Shmeg-

Date: 5/24/2017
Time: 1:30 A.M.

Day 003

Nothing yet. I have been adding a teaspoon of pH 5.0 unchlorinated tap water to each rockwool cube every 24 hours.

0082066.jpg

0091850.jpg

Nothing to do but wait. Will check back in when I see growth.
Once again, your feedback is always welcome and I appreciate you for checking in on my grow.

-Shmeg-

Thanks Joey! I'm hoping they will pop soon but still nothing yet. Checking every morning and night though. I'm like, let's get the party started here 'cause I'm running low and gonna be hurtin' for certain soon.

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom