Oatbakes' Aerogarden White Dwarf + Lowryder First Time Indoor Grow

Re: Oatbakes' aerogarden white dwarf+lowryder first time indoor grow

lol the conversations pass so fast. i awnt to back up a little bit to explain airpots Vs air stones.

Air pots are used as a self pruning system. roots do like oxygen, but too much light and oxygen will kill a root and that is the purpose of an air pot. Your plant makes roots and sends then out in all directions. in an air pot they encounter the outside world and stop growing, making a perfect fit inside the pot with just the right amount of roots for the space. Conventional pots do not do this and the roots will just keep trying to grow, thats how a plant becomes rootbound.

an airstone however is used to put the right amount of oxygen into water. there is no way to pressurise or over oxygenate from airstones as the water will only hold so much oxygen with this method. this is used to provide oxygen to the root system to allow it to breath and prevent root rot.

Both systems involve oxygen in some way, but the use of and the result are completly different. =)

the air pots allow the roots to keep growing all the time, when the roots poke out the holes the ends die, so this stops the pots getting root bound but it also lets the plant keep stretching its roots, its something i am looking into, plus using air pots mean you can grow biger plants in the same size pot, say a 3gallon normal pot would not support the same size plant as a 3gallon air pot,

the waste bins im using for air pots work better than airpots =D
they come in pencil holder size (bit bigger than a coffee mug) excelent for a clone army.

they also come as a square pot, but i have yet to find a source that isnt ome dodgy website importing god knows what from where.
But them square air pots are the ultimate for comercial mass growing in soil. rack and stack em together in a flood and drain pool.

sea of green in air pots all fed at once by a hose pipe with strip lights above...propper little factory =D

my local 99p store sells the round ones, might pick some up for next time round, surely they got to work the same as the air pots, just a whole lot cheaper

my local 99p store sells the round ones, might pick some up for next time round, surely they got to work the same as the air pots, just a whole lot cheaper

i kid you not, they are better.

i buy mine from the 99p store now (the range also do them for a pound)
i got some pink ones from tesco for about 1.50, i plan on using them for my indica clones so i can tell them apart, lol.

Howdy all! Looks like Don, GiG and jandre got you back on the right track! Even though you're having issues with the one, they are still looking good. I think the doctor showed up just in time!

I'm sub'd now and along for the ride (I can hear the groans). Cheers, mate.

Howdy all! Looks like Don, GiG and jandre got you back on the right track! Even though you're having issues with the one, they are still looking good. I think the doctor showed up just in time!

I'm sub'd now and along for the ride (I can hear the groans). Cheers, mate.

Groans? For what?

peeps! im still here and so are the girls. i will be posting sooon with pics and the like. life is a bit mad my end right now due to tenants just leaving in the middle of the night without paying rent. there was a moment where i thought i'd have to close the project down!

Tent is here though so as soon as the new area is ready (hopefully tomorrow) i will get you all up to date.

LOVE 420 COMMUNITY !!!

weeelll ......the sun has been shining on me today. and i can also say with elation that.....if you go to the garden shed, your sure of a big surprize. if anyone caught a peek when the door was open they'd swear i was building a fucking space ship in there! ive still got a boner HAHA.

you know i thought all my problems (heat mainly) would disappear with the move outdoors and into a taller ''cupboard'' but they haven't. theyre just scaled up now! still though, very pleased with todays achievements. and what do they say about silver linings? i managed to replace not one new tenant but 2 ! money troubles sorted! and i reckon im not miles away from a first harvest.

again guys i have to thank you all for keeping whitey alive. she's turning into a proper sexy lady, although i know she was severely stunted.

the two seedlings are the big bud and the third little pot is..........dum da da daaaaaaa THINK DIFERENT. ive read too much about this infamous little bugger i just couldnt resist trying it out. managed to get 3 feminised and two regular royal queens free from herbies with 1!!! think different seed. amazing!!!

have a look init
20120809_112543.jpg
20120809_112600.jpg
20120809_112626.jpg
20120809_134657.jpg
20120809_134704.jpg
20120809_134713.jpg
20120809_134730.jpg
20120809_175621.jpg
20120809_175612.jpg
20120809_134739.jpg
20120809_134724.jpg

What do you think? be honest

another month youll be pickin anda grinnin:)

YES!! you got it sorted!! Nice recovery, mate! Now, Stay on top of that pH or it'll go south quick. and remember to FLUSH that AeroGrow every 4 weeks, and SCRUB THE HELL OUT OF IT between plantings.

But I see you're making a move to soil. If that suits your style better, then more power to ya!

you cant go far wrong listening to jandre, keeping on top of hydro is more important, but once you get it right and keep everything in check it really pays off, i would love to switch to hydro, but its out of the question till laws change where i am, the plants grow quicker using hydro,
the soil grows dont grow as quick but the buds is suppose to taste better, if i didnt have to worry about anything id set up a hydro grow and give it a go, but im sticking with soil for now, im so amazed at how quick my 2ltr dwc hempies grow, the 2 i got going now are nearly 3 foot tall and they was 12-12 from seeds, they are bigger than the plants i have vegged for 4 or 5 weeks, they are growing quicker than my other plants, around 3 inches a day, my other plants are starting to look small compared to these, they wont stop getting taller, im running out of head room, they got to stop growing soon, but their starting to flower now so hopefully the should slow down,
the problem ive got is this, with the hempies your aiming for 1 big bud, but the node spacing on these 2 is huge so thinking im not going to get the 1 big bud like i did last time, maybe im wrong, give it a few weeks then ill let you know

you cant go far wrong listening to jandre, keeping on top of hydro is more important, but once you get it right and keep everything in check it really pays off, i would love to switch to hydro, but its out of the question till laws change where i am, the plants grow quicker using hydro,
the soil grows dont grow as quick but the buds is suppose to taste better, if i didnt have to worry about anything id set up a hydro grow and give it a go, but im sticking with soil for now, im so amazed at how quick my 2ltr dwc hempies grow, the 2 i got going now are nearly 3 foot tall and they was 12-12 from seeds, they are bigger than the plants i have vegged for 4 or 5 weeks, they are growing quicker than my other plants, around 3 inches a day, my other plants are starting to look small compared to these, they wont stop getting taller, im running out of head room, they got to stop growing soon, but their starting to flower now so hopefully the should slow down,
the problem ive got is this, with the hempies your aiming for 1 big bud, but the node spacing on these 2 is huge so thinking im not going to get the 1 big bud like i did last time, maybe im wrong, give it a few weeks then ill let you know

2L DWC-H are not soil... that's a hybrid COCO, and Hydro setup.

so my 2ltr dwc hempie are what then mate, i have a big res thats separate from the part the plant grows in, my res is the same size as a 2ltr pop bottle just with the neck cut off it so its like 3/4s of a 2ltr pop bottle with the top cut off, then the top is turned upside down and filled with compost and the seed put in that, so mine start off in compost and the roots grow through and out the top part then they sit in the res and drink up the bpn magic,

some do without the res and just grow in a 2ltr pop bottle with compost in,

so whats mine called then mate so i can get it right when im telling people,

so my 2ltr dwc hempie are what then mate, i have a big res thats separate from the part the plant grows in, my res is the same size as a 2ltr pop bottle just with the neck cut off it so its like 3/4s of a 2ltr pop bottle with the top cut off, then the top is turned upside down and filled with compost and the seed put in that, so mine start off in compost and the roots grow through and out the top part then they sit in the res and drink up the bpn magic,

some do without the res and just grow in a 2ltr pop bottle with compost in,

so whats mine called then mate so i can get it right when im telling people,

wait... you put compost in a DWC-H?!? That's something I've never seen. Usually with Deep Water Culture Hempies(DWC-H for short), an inert material is used like Coco Coir. It is a hybrid of two hydroponic styles of growing into one easy-to-handle little package. Those two would be the DWC buckets you see around this site, and those that use straight coco, in an airpot, or some other vessel. Compost on top of a DWC can lead to some health, and pythium issues because of the microbes in it. Not to mention the nutrients that are in the newly forming soil that, when you put your hydroponic nutrients on top of that can lead to nute burn.

Damn, all this time I thought you had coco in your DWC-H.

Back
Top Bottom