Christmas OG - Small Grow Tent - T5 Lights - Mini Grow

Brohammer3

Hey guys, Finished my first grow back in december and got amazing feedback from friends. Guess the votes are in and Carmelicious is a great tasting strain that truly evolves flavor wise during curing in a 180° fashion lol Anyways, on my second grow and decided to do a mini grow in the small grow tent on the side with some unknown genetics so no harm no foul if it goes South lol So I had popped 6 seeds in some rapid rooters a few weeks after my second grow started. So once again, not a super serious grow but ill be sure to keep on top to make sure the females make it all the way lol

Grow tent -

30" x 18" x 36" Milliard Horticulture grow tent

Lights -

2ft 4 lamp T5 grow lights

Started with two 6000k tubes for first two weeks and then four 6000k tubes the next two weeks or so.

Currently has two 3000k tubes and two 6000k tubes in it.

Medium/container -

Started in Rapid rooter

Transferred to solo cup with fox farms light warrior in it.

Transferred to 1 gallon square pot with fox farms ocean forest with some expanded clay pellets and recharge mykos mixed in.

Nutrients-

Fox farms trio: Grow Big, Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom

General Hydroponics/General Organics: Bio Root and CalMag+

Mykos: Recharge and Great White

Exhaust/Air Circulation -

Exhaust is just a 100 cfm booster fan at the top, what I'm going to end up doing is using that for intake maybe for the big tent since my 6 inch booster fan isn't working for that tent right now. Then I can get a proper exhaust fan in this smaller tent.

I have two 6 inch fans going at all times and are pointed right on the lights to help keep them cool and it disperses the air nicely to the plants without being over powering.

Genetics -

No clue haha was told they were Christmas Bud which in my part of the US usually means Christmas OG so we'll see what happens. Hoping for atleast 2 females out of the 5. Got 23 more regular seeds recently too so I can pop more after this little mini grow.

So this whole thing was started to do a mini grow, you know, right out of seedling/early veg and into flowering. I didn't top any of the plants and I'm slowly ramping up nutes to proper levels since they were moved from solo cups to these 1 gallon square pots with fox farms ocean forest cut with some expanded clay pellets for added oxygen retention so I don't over water and drown them as easily lol

Right now they're in week one of flower, I popped them in a rapid rooter back 6 weeks ago and let them grow up till this last Sunday the 1st when I put them in the dark for 24 hours and switched to 12/12 and changed out two of the 6000k tubes for two of the 3000k tubes. So far so good and we'll see what happens :) happy growing and happy smoking     

Alrighty, after a few days the sex was apparent on all plants. Unfortunately only one was female, but hey! Cant argue with one plant, less maintenance and free seeds to begin with haha

Had some trouble keeping temps down in the small tent. The booster fan is doing okay but needs more airflow out, I'll figure something out.

Alrighty, so I had one fungus gnat and after some azamax spray on the topsoil and letting it dry out and doing that again I haven't seen any. Hairs are showing up at almost every node so should see some progress over the next few weeks. Can't seem to keep the temps under 80 but i can keep it at 80.

Plant was getting a bit tall and too close so gently bent it over across a few days little by little and little budlets starting to form now and progressing nicely. I think i might move it over to the big 4x4 tent when everything gets flipped over because I really want to try this bud when it's done and under these t5 lights won't get the buds as far as my LED light. So when I do so, I'll combine this into my other thread for my 4x4 grow tent.

Plant was getting a bit tall and too close so gently bent it over across a few days little by little and little budlets starting to form now and progressing nicely. I think i might move it over to the big 4x4 tent when everything gets flipped over because I really want to try this bud when it's done and under these t5 lights won't get the buds as far as my LED light. So when I do so, I'll combine this into my other thread for my 4x4 grow tent.

cc3e88006e785c6752ae536739ff43ae.jpg
c3a42b2f0f5142cf3750bd6729c652a1.jpg
08ed517e7c71777772b620a657c05718.jpg
Good eye brother. Nice looking girl! Pop more seeds, transfer her over....lets get you some more bud!

Good eye brother. Nice looking girl! Pop more seeds, transfer her over....lets get you some more bud!
Haha I wish I could pop more, my main grow tent can't fit many more plants and they'll be flipped to flower Sunday. Some of the strains, especially the super silver haze in my other tent is a slow flowering plant so it'll be a while before I pop anything into the littlw tent to start em out. Made that mistake last time and my little tent had way too many plants in it because the big one wasn't done yet lol once I have a dedicated room to my grow tent and stuff I'll add another tent so I can have a perpetual grow. Next is going to be some autoflower, having a hard time deciding between trying out Barneys farm or dinafem seeds. I've heard mixed things about crop king seeds.

Haha I wish I could pop more, my main grow tent can't fit many more plants and they'll be flipped to flower Sunday. Some of the strains, especially the super silver haze in my other tent is a slow flowering plant so it'll be a while before I pop anything into the littlw tent to start em out. Made that mistake last time and my little tent had way too many plants in it because the big one wasn't done yet lol once I have a dedicated room to my grow tent and stuff I'll add another tent so I can have a perpetual grow. Next is going to be some autoflower, having a hard time deciding between trying out Barneys farm or dinafem seeds. I've heard mixed things about crop king seeds.
I've never used Dinafem but I have used cks and Barney's Farm. I'm a True Believer that you can skip the step in the paper towel and once or seeds have sunk to the bottom of your water and you can transfer them to soil. The other day, I put three Barney's Farm White Rhino into water then the next day when I came back to transfer them over they already had tap roots coming out of them..... Something to be said about genetics like that.

No issues with CKS at all for me...... in fact last year when I called them about an Autoflower that turned out to not be an Autoflower..... They replaced my whole order.

I've never used Dinafem but I have used cks and Barney's Farm. I'm a True Believer that you can skip the step in the paper towel and once or seeds have sunk to the bottom of your water and you can transfer them to soil. The other day, I put three Barney's Farm White Rhino into water then the next day when I came back to transfer them over they already had tap roots coming out of them..... Something to be said about genetics like that.

No issues with CKS at all for me...... in fact last year when I called them about an Autoflower that turned out to not be an Autoflower..... They replaced my whole order.
Yeah, i don't like the paper towel method. I just soak for 24 hours and pop into a rapid rooter. Has worked everytime, except on some free seeds someone gave me once.

Yeah, ive heard great things about Barneys farm. Definitely going with their blue cheese auto and pineapple chunk. I've seen other growers results of those strains from them and they look mighty tasty. I don't mind spending extra cash on awesome genetics.

I'll have to check out cks. Thanks for the lead on the seeds lol

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom