2nd Grow, 6 Kens GDP Clones, 600 Watt HPS

bovetoke

Whats up everyone? Im back to post up my second grow. For all of you who followed my last one, stay tuned because this is going to be 10x better. And for those of u who didn't, well u should follow along too lol. Alright, so let me get u guys up to date with my grow. I purchased 6 clones of a strain called Kens Grand Daddy purple. If ur from the bay area u might have heard of it and if not its one of the dankest purple strains I've ever been blessed to inhale. After I got them home I transplanted into 1 gallon pots, using fox farms ocean soil and water that I had left out in 5 gallon buckets for a day or two before. After a few days I decided I would try something different this time and put them into their 3 gallon pots (what I will harvest them in) right away. Basically their on day 18 now, and i've been using reversed osmosis water, adding the directed amounts of cal/mag and "AARDE A" and "AARDE B" nutrient solutions. Btw their in my closet under a 600 watt Hps light hanging from the coat rack bar that goes across from one side to the other. I decided to invest in a really nice electronic PH tester this time, so all my ph levels have been around 6.5. I also bought a really expensive bottle of "bloomtastic" which is for flowering, and is supposed to increase harvest by a large %. If u have any other question or I left anything out just leave me a comment and ill be happy to tell u more.

Day_214.jpg
Clones69.jpg

Ok u guys are in luck. I finally figured out the trick to these stupid tilted pictures lol they are from about day 18 but I am currently on day 22.
IMG_073510.jpg
IMG_073010.jpg
IMG_073213.jpg
IMG_072917.jpg

U can see how I trimmed off the bottom halves of the stalk. This is a tip I received from a grower. Any opinions on this? I plan to trim off even more of the bottoms as the weeks go by

IMG_07568.jpg
IMG_07418.jpg
IMG_07647.jpg
IMG_074010.jpg
IMG_07678.jpg

Heres a little update, this is about day 35 of veg. I just recently changed the lights to 12/12 on about 2/26/2011. They seem to already be showing signs of flowering.

You should be good without trimming any more, that will make the plant focus on the upper buds. "Lollipopping"
Looking good, good luck!

haha I like that term for it, thanks guys. I have a good feeling about this grow. Last time I harvested in the winter so I lost a lot of the final product to bud mold. I now have better nutes, electronic ph tester, more experience, and it should be ready around may. Im gonna start adding a little bit of "bloomtastic", has anyone had any experience with this?

I havn't used Atari's Bloombastis, but I've heard really good things about it, but it's too expencive for me. I ussually try to lower the R.H. when I'm getting close to harvest and I always make sure that there is good air circulation, via fans, to avoid bud rot. Thats the worst feeling, to find your buds all moldy, I went out to check on my first plant outdoors a few years back, and found the majority of the giant buds covered in bud rot! There's nothing worse! That plant was HUGE too, there had to be at least 1.5lbs on there, it still saddens me to this day! I hope neither of us ever have to deal with that again. Good Luck!
Peace,
NEPharmer

Same shit happened to me man, almost the whole main stalks with the dankest and darkest buds on 5/6 of my plants were ruined. You live and u learn though right? I now know exactly what to look for. I still had a yield of around 6 ounces from 6 plants. So this time considering nothing molds, and this bloombastic works out well, im shooting for over 10 oz.

Whats up guys? I just watered them for the second time since I put them into flowering. Today is day 5 of flowering and day 42 since 1st day of veg. Hope u guys like the pics!
IMG_07947.jpg
IMG_07927.jpg
IMG_07847.jpg
IMG_07825.jpg
IMG_07797.jpg

Update: These pics are from day 8 of flowering. Ive been trying to keep temps down so purple coloration will set in. Problem is when I do this humidity tends to rise past 60%. Solution, I just purchased this Amazon: Eva-Dry Edv-2200 Mid-Size Dehumidifier. If anyone has any reviews?

1667443958708.png

IMG_08048.jpg
IMG_081210.jpg
IMG_081711.jpg
IMG_08196.jpg
IMG_08088.jpg
IMG_08037.jpg

Back
Top Bottom