First Grow - 600 Watt - Soil - FF Nutes

AtlasCoughed

420 Member
Welcome to my first grow. I would like to first thank Mr. Krip, Siscokid and Twelve12 for their contributions to the world of growing. I have tried to meticulously track their lessons and tips, and apply them to my grow.

Currently here is my setup:

Flowering Room:
DSC_021010.JPG
DSC_02193.JPG

600 Watt HPS Light
Temperature Range(Last Week): High-78, Low-64
Soil: Ocean Forest Soil
Nutes: FoxFarm Big Bloom
FoxFarm Tiger Bloom
Strains: Purple Unkle (2)
SE (1)

I received the 3 above plants from a friend, and the plants were already quite developed. I do not recall the last strain's name.

Veg Room:
Fluorescent Lights (T5s)
Nutes: Pure Blend Pro

Strains: Grand Daddy Purp (2)
Sour OG

Re: First Grow- 600 Watt, Soil, FF Nutes

Week 1.5

In the flowering room, the plants have bushed out a lot. I have killed off 95% of all of those annoying fruit flies.

Current Problems:
PU (2): Both seem to have Manganese Deficiencies
SE: Seems to have a Zinc Deficiency

Evidence:
Zinc-Manganese2.jpg

Compared to SE....
DSC_02253.JPG

Solution: Flush, Flush, Re-Nute this weekend

Here is a picture of my Veg room.
DSC_02383.JPG

My plant displayed minor nute deficiency but if it was bad i usually flush em

Hey Smokemupm8,
First off, thanks for the response. I only had time for few flushes over the weekend because it was my 21st and there was a constant influx of people over.

Sunday 24th
- Flushed

Monday 25th
Avg Temperature: 72-82 Degrees
- Flushed
- Nutes: Big Bloom, Grow Big, Tiger Bloom

DSC_001228.JPG

DSC_001026.JPG

Tuesday 26th
Avg Temperature 72 - 85 Degrees
- Light Watering
- Discovery of Translucent Bugs Underneath a Few Leavees
- Minor Freakout

DSC_001622.JPG

DSC_001720.JPG
Problems:
Temperature- I along with my flatmate are brainstorming on how to get more cool air from outside into the room. We have concluded that the inline fan was not taking enough air from the outside (60-74 degrees )since we have two squirrel cage exhaust for the HPS and the Carbon Scrubber.

Zinc Deficiency-Stated in Previous Post

Pest Problem Potentially Spider Mites: Extremely alarming to see yellowing leaves, brown spots and white/translucent round bugs underneath the leaves.

Solutions:
Temperature
178 CFL 4" Fan- Increase flow, temperature cools more quickly but still achieves 82-85 temperature mark.
Today we are working on creating a new in-line air duct. We have a booster fan that we are trying to incorporate into our design.

Zinc and Magnesium Deficiency
Ve-Powered Glacial Rock

Pest Problem
Sierra Science SNS 217 Mite Spray

O yeah and the 2 seeds of my just sprouted. I have read about DYI Aero cloners. Twelve12's (Twelve12's Perpetual Grow) Looks like the next project

Hey Atlas.... They look GREAT!! Nice n healthy now, do you think theyre better than before u flushed? Hope so.. Keep checking things, every week or few days, but you dont need to overcomplicate things just give em what they need, or show u they need! Im just learning to read a plants probs,but theres a fair bit of info u really should try to learn. But your girls are nice deep green color now and im really lookin forward to see how they finish! Good luk and Happy Harvesting;)

Smokemupm8: I'm not too sure as to how the flushing affected my plants, other it seemed to have stopped the symptoms of the deficiencies.

Here are some pictures after yesterday's new nutes.

What do you think?

DSC_003111.JPG

DSC_002913.JPG

DSC_002717.JPG

DSC_002517.JPG

Temperature Fix

Additional In-line Booster Fan setup. We shall see how the temperature will stay up.

Hi Atlas.. Nice bushes pal!! Thats how i like my girls to look, nice n bushy. I prefer to let em do their thing natural as possible, i rarely top my girls..in fact i dnt think i have for over 10yrs! But am keen to try mayb a FIM or similar. But just a note, be careful when puttin ur girls outside, i did but got whitefly, thankfully i kikd there asses but if you get sum bugs they can infest ur girl for ages and u have sum nice looking girls would hate for you to get more bugs.. Keep up the good work bro. Gooodluk and Happy Harvesting;)

Temperature: 72-83 Degrees Fahrenheit

Smokemupm8
Thanks for the heads up. I only left them out for the few hours, during the construction of a new vent. I"ll take some new pictures later. But I need help. What are happening to these leaves? There were only a few of them, but I'm not sure if it's a result of insects or what not.

Please take a look:
DSC_0009-001.JPG

DSC_0002-001.JPG

DSC_0001-001.JPG

What do you think?

Hi buddy.. Im not 100% sure.. but that maybe a tissue destroying fungus or similar. It may have got a few bugs on her. Check all the underside parts of the leaf for tiny bugs with microscope,just normal one. Wish i knew exactly hope you solve it..

Hey guys,

Good new about the spider mites. They are all dead.
Temperature is still a problem, but the plants seem to be doing fine with the 84 degrees temp. We are currently exploring alternate solutions, such as the Sun Shield Reflector, as well as replacing the inline booster fan with a higher CFL inline fan.

More good news. Explosive growth in all my plants. I trimmed most of the leaves on the bottom that were not receiving any sunlight.

Tomorrow I shall post some photos of the veg plants and the seedlings.

Nice grow. I noticed in some of your pictures you seem to have paper towels over your soil... Does that help fight off the nats?

Hey there Atlas -

I think your deficiencies were actually from bug pressure. The fruit flies we're actually fungus gnats (people get this confused often). Fungus gnats aren't too bad and pretty easy to deal with relative to other bugs, but I suspect you may have had other bug pressure, too. Often, bug pressure mimics nutrient deficiencies, so it can leave you chasing your tail a bit. I hate saying this, but don't be too convinced you've eradicated anything (it can be tough to completely eliminate many pests that like cannabis).

If you store your nutrient water in a container, keep a "mosquito dunk" in a sock that you tie up and keep in the container with it. Water your plants with this water/nutrient/mosquito dunk water and eventually you'll win out over the gnats.

Also, consider treating your plants with Azamax, or SNS 203 by Sierra Natural Sciences. If you have positively id'd spider mites, they might need a spider mite specific treatment. Follow the directions on the label and make sure you do the follow up treatment they recommend as well. You have to get the bugs, then the new bugs from the eggs that got left behind.

Consider hanging a "hot shot" pest strip if the plants aren't in a room you are regularly habitating in. These help a fair amount too.

Put white plastic or panda film over the top of your soil. Bugs (ESP fungus gnats) like moist organic material. Also, put a yellow sticky card near the base of your plants.

Dont over water or keep your soil too moist for reasons above.

Consider adding a fungicide of some sort to your nute mix. Fungus gnats often mean fungus is present, too.

"Home Defense Max" is a good product you can use to spray around entrances to grow room, etc., to keep more from coming in. Do everything you can to eradicate them before you are deeper into flower with things... Not to be a downer, but don't assume they are gone yet.

Hope some of these ideas help, good luck brother!

X

Hey Guys sorry for the long furlow. Here are the babies after being pruned.

I have a few questions:

1.) How much longer do you think I should continue the nutes until I begin to flush?
2.) Any recommended nutes for the buds?
3.) I'm having problems with one of the plants in the veg room, check out the leaves.

Thanks guys for bearing with me.

Hey there Atlas -

I think your deficiencies were actually from bug pressure. The fruit flies we're actually fungus gnats (people get this confused often). Fungus gnats aren't too bad and pretty easy to deal with relative to other bugs, but I suspect you may have had other bug pressure, too. Often, bug pressure mimics nutrient deficiencies, so it can leave you chasing your tail a bit. I hate saying this, but don't be too convinced you've eradicated anything (it can be tough to completely eliminate many pests that like cannabis).

If you store your nutrient water in a container, keep a "mosquito dunk" in a sock that you tie up and keep in the container with it. Water your plants with this water/nutrient/mosquito dunk water and eventually you'll win out over the gnats.

Also, consider treating your plants with Azamax, or SNS 203 by Sierra Natural Sciences. If you have positively id'd spider mites, they might need a spider mite specific treatment. Follow the directions on the label and make sure you do the follow up treatment they recommend as well. You have to get the bugs, then the new bugs from the eggs that got left behind.

Consider hanging a "hot shot" pest strip if the plants aren't in a room you are regularly habitating in. These help a fair amount too.

Put white plastic or panda film over the top of your soil. Bugs (ESP fungus gnats) like moist organic material. Also, put a yellow sticky card near the base of your plants.

Dont over water or keep your soil too moist for reasons above.

Consider adding a fungicide of some sort to your nute mix. Fungus gnats often mean fungus is present, too.

"Home Defense Max" is a good product you can use to spray around entrances to grow room, etc., to keep more from coming in. Do everything you can to eradicate them before you are deeper into flower with things... Not to be a downer, but don't assume they are gone yet.

Hope some of these ideas help, good luck brother!

X

Thanks for the heads up Xlr8.

So far it seems as if the spider mites have still been held at bay, and haven't returned yet....

Hey guys, so my roommate has taken over the grow since I am going back to school.

Admin please move this forum to incomplete journals.

Thanks for helping guys

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom