What was growing under the hood?

BrokrnEyes

Hey guys, today I completely took apart my first white widow auto flower and I thought I would share with you guys some of the more interesting photos that I took of her roof system as well as the trunk that had grown to make this plant possible.

Basic info:
Grown in an aero garden ultra ( 1.1 gallon capacity ) with a single air stone and spare reservoir tank attached to the main tank Franderson all gallon.

Nutrients were the Flora nova grow/bloom, superthrive ( I was accidentally giving this every week during the vegetative phase, although I have to say your results are pretty damn impressive if this wasn't a mistake), plant revolution great white.

The trunk:
image9109.jpeg

Some parts of the trunk actually were starting to hollow out in the center , i've only seen that once before with the trunk of a plant my Old hippie neighbor had grown, she had named grizzly and was the size of my head ( it was growing next to her koi pond which had a tiny leak so was getting a constant source of fish nutrients). I ended up having to completely destroy the grow basket that the Grossman's was supported in to get the trunk and the root ball that a growing underneath it out, I literally had to saw it in half!

The roots:

image9115.jpeg

This giant route mass grew around the single air stone that I had put into the aero garden. The roots have grown elsewhere but in this corner was the single most concentration of roots by a large margin and has convinced me that at the very least I will have 4–6 air stones next time in the aero garden to provide as much oxygenation as possible. Speaking about oxygenation…

image9110.jpeg

OK so this is the underside of the grow deck of the aero garden. If you take a look back up at the trunk, you can see that I had put aluminum for L on the top of the arrow gardens grow deck ( otherwise the sap from whatever plant is growing in the aero garden can we get onto the deck and will become almost impossible to clean off, so having a room for oil on top makes a lot more sense. That what I did early was poked a bunch of holes with a fork into the aluminum foil that was covering the empty plugs of the grow deck with the intent that by allowing a little bit of the humidity two is scape the interior that it would help keep the area around the plant more humid during the early growth phase. I didn't see any measurable increase in humidity from doing this so I didn't think much of it, but apparently the plant was interested. Any thoughts as to why the roots sought out these openings?

image9108.jpeg

This is the central water pump that takes the water from the reservoir and, through the design of the arrow Gardens Road deck on the underside, spreads out to tabs ( One for each pod slot ) that then encourage a constant drip of water directly onto the gross punch and that's the roots of the plant. As you can see, it's not her usual for roots while they are exploring to get tangled up in the barrier sponge but because these are such fine and thin roots, I actually had to remove the pump which was completely covered in the roots. Amazingly it however the pump still works. I'm debating shutting down this pump at some point in the next grow so as not to risk it failing in the future, this of course means that the system would be completely dependent on the air stones at that point.

So guys what do you think? The roots roll very healthy looking, are you in squeezed the thicker section and was amazed at how dense it actually was. For those who are wondering, I did have a slight touch of nutrient problems when the plant was shifting from grow to bloom but I chalk that up to my own inexperience rather than any failure with the equipment.

crazy looking nice grow :good job: hollow stocks are sweet lol but the out come was nice ,white widow nice strain good pick

Thanks David I've tried using that button. Before but. It is not all that comparable with an iPhone. Between my laptop and phone, I tend to use my phone far more in just about everything just because the screen reader on my laptop, zoom text, is rather I gangly at times. So I really only use. The laptop when I have too. To give you an idea,, the screen reader can glitch out and repeat itself multiple times and only. Do one. Sentience. At a time where as with the voice over on the phone will read entire paragraphs. I tried using the IMG brackets but that didn't seem to work,, t actually just didn't throw the images up at all, not sure why that happened.
I'm curious, do hollow stems mean anything. Particularly Good? Like is nutrients flowing through the hollow stem portion? Is that white people freak out if a cannabis plant gets " Cut "?

Thanks David I've tried using that button. Before but. It is not all that comparable with an iPhone. Between my laptop and phone, I tend to use my phone far more in just about everything just because the screen reader on my laptop, zoom text, is rather I gangly at times. So I really only use. The laptop when I have too. To give you an idea,, the screen reader can glitch out and repeat itself multiple times and only. Do one. Sentience. At a time where as with the voice over on the phone will read entire paragraphs. I tried using the IMG brackets but that didn't seem to work,, t actually just didn't throw the images up at all, not sure why that happened.
I'm curious, do hollow stems mean anything. Particularly Good? Like is nutrients flowing through the hollow stem portion? Is that white people freak out if a cannabis plant gets " Cut "?

i get stocks like that all the time i don't do anything diffrent i just grow big thats all

IMG_58586.JPG
IMG_58526.JPG
IMG_58387.JPG

Back
Top Bottom