The dreaded powdery white mildew

afghanicaman

Hey all,

I realize this is a common issue with many threads not to mention an assload of info online. I guess I am just looking for direct feedback from an experienced grower, because I've tried one or two small things with no real success.

I am a relatively new grower, but I had luckily had zero problems with white mildew in my basement grow room until recently. And I know what the original culprit is...for the first time about 6 weeks ago I took in a few clones from another local grower I met. I noticed specks on them early on, but had no real space to do anything but mix them in with a few others in my veg tent. I also had some stuff in a seperate flower tent which I have harvested and luckily the spores didnt invade them, but they did spread to other plants the were vegging with. But now those are all about 2 weeks into flower and I am still noticing it proliferating.

So I am trying to tame this shit before I get further into flower, but long term I also feel the need to dead it alltogether because I wanna start vegging new stuff too. But I dont want them to just get overrun and deal with it all over again. I have read some people say that the only way to really kill it and get rid of it is a sulphur burner, but if I go this route what about the stuff currently flowering? Will the sulphur in the air affect it? And obviously I dont wanna sit thru 8 weeks or so of flowering and then having to start all over. Trying to stagger my harvests here, you know the deal haha.

What is my absolute best bet to both get it under control short term and get rid of it long term, in a relatively timely manner? Is there any magic bullet I've missed scouring internet posts from like 2009? lol most recently i defoliated the shit outta them, particularly lower vegetation, then sprayed em down and cleaned them with a light peroxide n water spray. I run a dehumidifier down there regularly anyway and try to keep it somewhat arid. I'm sure I will figure it out, just didnt know if anyone had advice that could save time and headaches. Thanks.

I'm dealing with dowry mildew right now and Im 6 weeks into flower. I can tell you for sure that sodium bicarbonate(baking soda) mixed at 2tbsp/gal of plain water used as a foliar spray will definately slow it down. Make sure you completely drench the plant with it because it makes the surface of the leaf alkaline which PM has a hard time growing.

As of right now I'm testing out a product called green cleaner that came highly recommended. I've tested it as a foliar spray two days ago and haven't seen any spreading since.

Sierra natural science also has a powdery mildew spray meant as a foliar application.

In order to control it long term all I've read points me to say continued use at about once every couple days.

Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom