Long term Powdery Mildew protection

Jackalope

Damn the stuff it never goes away. I have only had to deal with this the last 2 grows. One I killed most of the plants treating them. I totally cleaned the grow area with bleach water and all pots, fixtures and everything I could. It always comes back. I should mention I live in a very old house so totally clean is a relative term. I have found that SaferGro Mildew cure works great on vegging plants. It wilts the hairs on budding plants. So I have to discontinue its use after week 3 or so of flowering. After that I use a soil base treatment that treats both the plants and the soil. This works for a few more weeks but not as well as I would like. After that I use a bleach water sprayer to hit any spots as they show up.
This is working and I am able to get mildew resistant plants to harvest. Anyone else have suggestions for Powdery Mildew protection while flowering?

Depends on your RH whether lowering that will help some, that and better air flow either by less crammed into a small area or thinning out some in middle of plant to increase air or increasing your ventilation. What I have read some strains have better resistance to it same as some the bugs like better and some they don't like as much. One of the few things I haven't had to fight with as my problems been mostly bugs and the usual beginner stuff like overwatering and bull in a china shop clumsy stress training, so hopefully someone come along that has dealt/fought with that one before. I did have some bud rot issues but that was with an outdoor plant and mostly a weather issue as mother nature wasn't cooperating and not being our "typical" weather for that time of year (that and I let it get too bushy so didn't get good airflow).

Nice dry air here for the most part. That helps a lot. I know that I was pushing it with the amount of plants I had growing. More females then I planned from the regular seeds. Not to many plants but the room was full after stretch. Higher temps at that time didn't help either. I am opening up plants more this time for better air circulation. Its plants in the flower stage that I really want to protect better. Even at low concentrations the one I am using is still has high P and K and I end up with some burning on the leaves. The buds are bulking up right at that time so the high P and K levels comes in handy. I still feel I may be loosing some growth by the fact the plants not being totally healthy.

Back
Top Bottom