1st Grow - Northern Lights - CFL - Budget Stealth - DIY

I just made an offer for 350 dollars to buy a 5 by 5 gorilla grow tent. Waiting to see if the Ebay seller accepts. If they don't, I might go ahead and buy it for $400. But I might just convert my closet into a grow room. So I'm not sure quite sure yet. I'm slowely building up to a quality indoor set up. After that I'll be saving up about $1250 to buy an AdvancedLed xml 650. it's an unreleased LED light that is coming out on the market soon. It's huge and covers a 5 by 5 area. I'm going the LED route as to not have to spend a lot of money on electricity bill. I'll be using T 5's to grow clones and mothers.

See I think CFLs, HID's and LEDs are all amazing. They all do the same thing and they all are going to work. Really it all just comes down to yield. You can grow chronic with any of those things. I'm kind of just like investing in my MMJ future. I have a passion to be a breeder and a glassblower and I'm slowly working towards both those things. Right now all I have are my old Fox Farm nutrients, a bunch of pots in my backyard and a bunch of seeds I have from the past. I'm following your grow because I love to see what you can do with a different lights. I've only fully grown twice and both were out doors so the indoor game is completely new to me.

I definitely will be posting a journal once I start popping seeds. It took A LOT of research of peoples journals and other sources to convince me to buy them in the future.
The technology is really coming a long. It can be an expensive initial investment but in the long run but you save money from lower heating and electricity.

That is a dope deal for lighting your garden! Can't wait to see how everything plays out for you! =D:smokin::yummy::woohoo:

I'm thinking about doing a backyard outdoor grow towards the end of April.
Maybe Ill buy some t5s here soon so I can start veggin some stuff for the outdoors. II'll probably do some lemon kush. I already have 2 lemon kush from the past and they are sending me 2 more lemon kush with my order.

Very over due for an update. Everything is well. Girls got two feedings at 1/4, they loved it. Also got a transplant into some 2 gallon bags. Also topped the left two, they seem to be responding well. Just waiting a node or two to try out the cloner. And now, pics!
20150216_224555.jpg
peace guys.
20150216_224614.jpg
20150216_224624.jpg

Wow the before and after is very apparent! They girls look to be oh so happy! Will these be cut for clones then flowered? Checked your DIY cloner. Dope work man!

Went to elemental Wellness in San Jose, CA and picked up (5) regular "9lb hammer" seeds by TGA Subcool. It looks like an awesome strain to grow. Fast flower, super resinous, indica, big yielder.

My Air-Pots showed up today! They are a trip! They accidentally sent me an extra 5gallon pot. Score! If your ever curious to buy these pots I found a website that sells them for half the price compared to everywhere else I've found on the internet Grower's Nursery Supply. If you have never checked out Air Pots check this video.
(youtube.com/watch?v=-NUjNBKex0I)

Man I wish I could take a drive to get seeds lol. Maybe one day. Holy shit those pots look awesome. The web link isn't working on my phone. What do they run?
So I'm torn on the clone question. I do want to sex, so I'm between clone then flower the clones, or clone then flower the moms, obviously the moms would flower quicker with better yields, but being a noob, I'm scared I might kill a few clones and possibly lose a strain. Thoughts?

I fixed the link.
About 10 bucks for a 5 gallon.
I bought(4) 8" pots for starting seeds and (4) 5 gallon pots for transplanting in to.
They sent an extra on accident so I went online and bought the bottom piece for bucks and now I have 5!

As for your question I would just try and save your moms now so that if you fail on the clones your just back at the beginning. But if you decide to bloom your mother, know that you can always reveg her after your harvest. It just takes time and proper approach.

Back
Top Bottom