Anthonyjohn's 400w HPS/CFL Blue Dream 12/2011 1st Grow

Re: anthonyjohn's 400w HPS/CFL Bluedream 12/2011 1ST GROW

Day 5 pics:

IMAG002817.jpg

IMAG002912.jpg

IMAG003011.jpg

Should these be a bit bigger? or do they look good? I'm watering about every other day as needed.

they look good to me bro, my grow started off slow just like yours and soon blossomed into a beaitufl plant shortly after. just a suggestion but i would try to go to lowes or home depot or even walmart and get (2) 4' 2 bulb T8 Shop Lights. they are only $10 a piece and the bulbs are like 6$ that way you wouldnt have to run the HPS during the begining of the veg stage, it will give it more of the proper spectrum of light and it will bring your tempaturs down for sure! Please come check out my plants and comment!

looks good to me man. they will pick up speed in the next week or so. the t8 fixtures from home depot is a good call by ilikebike you can keep the light much closer and the temps and cost go down as well.

:420:

any way you can buy A HPS to MH Conversion bulb? they sell them at hydro shops and online. they are about 60$ but they allow you to use your HPS set up to omit the right spectrum of light to your plants as a MH. Check them out shop around might be beneficial in your situation. then you can switch to the original HPS bulb when it is time to flower

Re: Anthonyjohn's 400w HPS/CFL Bluedream 12/2011 1ST GROW

Nice grow so far!! Blue dream is one of my favorites!!

If your looking for good nutrients, you should check out one of 420 Magazine's sponsors, Blue Planet nutrients... there's plenty of people on this site with amazing results with there products...I've never used them but really curious about there organic line...its almost exactly the same as my Earthjuice I use...

Also..what kind of ballast are you using for the 400w? is it digital or Magnetic... If you have the older/magenetic style ballast, I would highly recommend picking up a Phillip's Mastercolor Ceramic Metal Halide... they only run on magnetic ballasts, and if you buy one, make sure that you buy the right kind, they run in vertical or horizontal, but you have to get the right one.... They have one of the best spectrum's for veg and flower, and are very cheap... I just picked one up for around 60$ online... I also would recommend a Ushio 400w Conversion MH as a runner up...but they are about double the price as the CMH and are not nearly as good for flowering, but higher blue in certain areas for veg..

Re: Anthonyjohn's 400w HPS/CFL Bluedream 12/2011 1st Grow

Okay so now there is no doubt something is wrong. I don't know if it's the crappy miracle grow organic choice soil, my watering schedule, or whatever else it could be.

Oh, i found a piece of what looks to be pressure treated wood in the miracle grow soil.. cool.

I went to my "local" hydro shop yesterday and picked up a bag of ocean forest, a ph tester, and the fox farm triple pack nutes. (if i get far enough to start using them)

here are some pics at day 13..

IMAG003513.jpg

IMAG003611.jpg

IMAG003716.jpg

IMAG003815.jpg

IMAG003912.jpg

This last picture, is a plant i put into some fox farm ocean forest last night to see if it were the problem. No changes as of this morning but hopefully it'll pull through

IMAG004014.jpg

I transplanted all of them but 1 into bigger pots. Maybe rootbound? I won't be using nutes for a couple of weeks but i figured i'd buy them now. I got them out of that crappy soil and moved them all into FFOF. I let one of them stay in the small cup to see if it was because they're root bound. Will post new pics soon.

there is still hope for them~!

any suggestions? When i was taking them out of the small paper cups i found that some of them were trying to attach to the cup? does this mean anything? maybe i don't water enough? or too much?

ive herd people say that FFOF is a "hot" soil to start seedlings out in because it has natural nutrients in the contents of the soil. not sure if this is effecting your plant or not and im a newbie when it comes to diagnosing a plant but the light color looks like a nutrient deficiency or burn. Just a strange color for such a young seedling. if you can try moving them to bigger pots that might help with the root problem, just my 2 cents!

Couple things my man. Those seedlings look severely over watered to me. Especially with what you where talking about. I wait to water until it is mostly dry 2 inches down. The soil stays evenly moist throughout because of wicking unless it's over watered with a big pool in the bottom drowning your roots.

Also I used a 400w mh conversion bulb to start my grow, temps are pretty much even in my opinion. The mh will help tons with keeping your plant short and those nodes packed together. Use the mh and veg nutes until you are 2 weeks into flower and the plant will stretch a lot less. Mine literally stretched 10% - 15% and it's a sativa! Known for crazy stretch up to doubling in size!

Subbed to see the journey. I was there too not too long ago! Don't give up hope, just put down the watering can!

Couple things my man. Those seedlings look severely over watered to me. Especially with what you where talking about. I wait to water until it is mostly dry 2 inches down. The soil stays evenly moist throughout because of wicking unless it's over watered with a big pool in the bottom drowning your roots.

Also I used a 400w mh conversion bulb to start my grow, temps are pretty much even in my opinion. The mh will help tons with keeping your plant short and those nodes packed together. Use the mh and veg nutes until you are 2 weeks into flower and the plant will stretch a lot less. Mine literally stretched 10% - 15% and it's a sativa! Known for crazy stretch up to doubling in size!

Subbed to see the journey. I was there too not too long ago! Don't give up hope, just put down the watering can!

I went down to the hydro store two days ago and the guy who worked there said the hps will be fine as long as i keep my cfl's going. I'm not sure how true it is, maybe he just didn't have any in stock. But the watering thing is what i had been most concerned about. The miracle grow stuff went dry in about 6 hours. the stuff is useless imo. are there any threads that cover watering specifically? :thanks::thanks:

Back
Top Bottom