Seraphis's Northern Lights - 2016 - My 1st Grow

Hope you don't mind if I sit in on this one, nice looking set up, sorry to read about the blueberry bliss. I have a similar set up to yours (home made instead of a tent though) and I use a Phillips Tornado 75w=280w cfl and a mars 48 reflector on growth and bloom, the cfl is about 5 inches above and the reflector is about 30 inches above and I seem to have good results. The spots look like calcium deficiency, if your ph is 6.5 (perfect for soil) then I can't see it being your water, if it does get any worse you could try a little cal-mag, I use pro-cal from week 3 through to flush even if they don't look like they need it. If the new growth is ok then I would just leave it be for now and see how she goes. Hope everything goes well
:passitleft:

Here's an updated photo from this morning. The new growth still doesn't appear to be affected, but the spots on these leaves continue to grow.

image9260.jpeg

I'll do some research on some calcium and magnesium products.

Edit to add question:

I have BioBizz BioGrow, BioBloom, and TopMax. I've read that TopMax has calcium and magnesium. Should I water the plant with some TopMax around 1/2 strength?

Hey serephis I would add 1/4 if using hard water, if soft water or bottled then 1/2 & see how it goes. Good luck.

I ordered some Cal-Mag to have on hand since I will be watering the plants using RO water. Thanks for the tip!

I checked on the girls today and was thrilled to see a growth spurt. :slide: I think she may have been thirsty.
image7828.jpeg

I'm going to water her today with some nuts since it's week three. BioBizz feeding schedule says to use all three (BigBloom, BioGrow, TopMax) this week.

I'm curious if I should start LST or if I should give it another few days.
image7823.jpeg

I would TOP right now. They`re ready. Also, try Epson Salt (1tsp) per gallon...Works just as well as Cal/mag if not better. Do it a few times, you`ll notice the difference.... The leaves will have a nice green sheen to them...

I would TOP right now. They`re ready. Also, try Epson Salt (1tsp) per gallon...Works just as well as Cal/mag if not better. Do it a few times, you`ll notice the difference.... The leaves will have a nice green sheen to them...

I thought topping autos was generally considered a bad idea because they have such a short life span and don't have enough time to fully recover. :scratchinghead:

I thought topping autos was generally considered a bad idea because they have such a short life span and don't have enough time to fully recover. :scratchinghead:

It depends on the Strains. I've had autos flower in3 weeks other take 7 weeks to start. If you're not familiar with the strain then I'd recommend major LST (low stress training). This way you'll find out how they flower and be able to experiment more next round. If you top and it flowers early then you'll be stuck with a 4 cola mini plant like this...
mar29ka.jpg
but if you top and it flowers late you could end up with something like this...
20160328_192901.jpg

Check out my first journal you'll see a good comparison of my 3 autos. 1 fim'd and Lst, 1 strictly Lst, and one topped and minorly fluxed.

KiG :green_heart:cheers

This is my first time growing so I'm not sure how long it will take. It's good to know that you can still top with plants with a longer cycle. I'll be sure to take note of how long this takes for the next time.

Hey buddy, I can't see from the picture how many nodes & from where you tied down but basically in this case you want to LST when there's possible bud sites underneath the bent part. I think you did just fine though.

:Namaste:

About 20 years ago I had some Blueberry and loved it. So when I decided to grow I knew exactly what one of my first strains was going to be! I ended up getting the seeds from Herbies. I chose to go with Northern Lights first because it's supposed to be a pretty forgiving plant for noobs like myself.

Here is some info from their site. ! Vision Blueberry Bliss Autoflowering Feminised Seeds - Herbies Seeds

Vision Blueberry Bliss Autoflowering Feminised Seeds Specs
Feminized: Yes
Medical value: Medium
Medical use: Mainly stress and pain relief.
Effect: Uplifting, Happy feeling.
Lineage: BlueBerry x W.W. x Super Skunk x Ruderalis
Genetics: 85% Indica - 15% Sativa (Indica Dominant)
Flowering (indoor): 56 days (± 8 weeks)
From seed 2 crop: 70 Days (± 10 weeks)
Outdoor (harvest): n/a
THC: Moderate (14%)
CBD: Medium
Yield (gr/plant): 50 -> 70 (± 160 gr/m2)
Stature (cm): Twiggy, Medium Height (± 80)
Grow difficulty: Veteran (Medium/Advanced)

Vision Blueberry Bliss Autoflowering Feminised Seeds Info
"Blueberry Bliss" is one of Vision Seeds' truly intoxicating wonders, an amazing auto-flower with Blueberry roots, flavor and in most cases dazzling blueish appearance. This beautiful mainly Indica princess is reasonably easy to grow and will swiftly develop into a twiggy young lady with rock solid buds.

Vaping or smoking "Blueberry Bliss" will invoke a mild feeling of euphoria; she will put you in a state of happiness and temporarily make you forget about all your daily stress and worries. Inhale her magical vapor and enter a world of pure relaxation.

All Vision Seeds auto-flowers do very well in coco, soil or hydroponics and give "Blueberry Bliss" enough sunlight and she will have no problem thriving outdoors either.

Vision Seeds wishes you an amazing "Blueberry Bliss" grow experience - Enjoy the grow and the "Bliss" and don't forget to drop by in due time to share your experience with the rest of the world!

All autos love to be topped if done at the correct time.makes a better structure of plant of dominant colas and bigger yields. U should top an auto at the 3rd or 4th node of life.if ur plant is in top health then will not slow her down 1 bit.;) around day 14 to 18 u should be on 4th node. Take a look at my auto topping grow and auto topping thread. Lots to learn about autos.pics dont lie;) happy growing every1;):thumb::volcano-smiley::Namaste:

I have some good news and bad news to give with this update :hmmmm:

The Blueberry Bliss is growing well and seems to be doing better than my Northern Lights plant did around the same age. The Northern Lights plant however isn't doing so well.

I had another growth spurt so I tied one or two more branches down to make the canopy even. I also lowered the led light down about 6 inches closer to the plant to 12" from the top of the plant. I also gave a round of dilluted nutes to both plants.

It was around this time that the leaves started to get droopy. I've been very careful not to over water to the point that I think I under watered my plants too much. I tested the pH of the run off and the water going in and both are 6.5 according to my tests so I thought that was fine. The tips of some of the NL plants started to yellow a bit, so there appears to be some nute burn there too.

My last water (two days ago) I flushed the plant with a gallon and a half of water with only CalMag to try and dilute some of the nutes in the soil. My plant started to pick back up a bit the day after the water, but has since started drooping again. I also raised my light back up until I figure out what is going on and she's on a road to recovery.

I'm worried that this happened right when she started flowing and she may not recover.

Not sure what else to do at this point other than wait and see. Any suggestions?

image10332.jpeg

I will post another pic later.

How is airflow in the grow area? All your conditions seem ideal, how long since you flushed it? My Leia has been droopy for a week now, but seems totally healthy otherwise. I think mine is due to too much fluctuations in my temperatures. That'd be where I would look.... Airflow and temps.

How is airflow in the grow area? All your conditions seem ideal, how long since you flushed it? My Leia has been droopy for a week now, but seems totally healthy otherwise. I think mine is due to too much fluctuations in my temperatures. That'd be where I would look.... Airflow and temps.

Unfortunately, my temps and humidity aren't ideal. The humidity fluctuates from 60-80 and the temp goes from 65-75F. The tent is on concrete and I keep it closed up just so the temp stays above 60F. I've been doing some research on a small dehumidifier and small heaters. I think if I had the heater in there I can pull a lot of the moisture out of the tent with the exhaust fan. Right now it off because it drops the temps too low.

I was holding off because we've had some abnormal weather here and the temps should start to rise and it won't be a problem until winter.

Back
Top Bottom