1st Grow - Soil - Apollo 600W HPS/MH - 4x4 Tent

leaves that are nitrogen toxic often get "The Claw"... Too much nitrogen causes this, leaves curl down and turn a darker color. I would bet $ this is your issue with whats going on..

I would suggest flushing them with water till they get back to normal..

Sounds good I just did a flush last night so will see tomorrow how they look! Thanks for the input, I am curious as to how it got so much nitrogen. I don't feed it nutes. Maybe extra hot batch of soil? Or perhaps to slow of water drainage causing the dirt to let off to much nutes at once?

Sounds good I just did a flush last night so will see tomorrow how they look! Thanks for the input, I am curious as to how it got so much nitrogen. I don't feed it nutes. Maybe extra hot batch of soil? Or perhaps to slow of water drainage causing the dirt to let off to much nutes at once?

It could very well be a hot batch of soil, i have had it happen to me in the past. I don't think it would be because of slow water drainage. Do you have Clay Pebbles or Rocks in your pots for drainage?

I use perlite for drainage, but i am starting to think it may have been partly my fault lol. i was watering them with the drip tray on, i didn't realize you can take it off which in return gives you 50% more drainage holes :rofl: They seem to be starting to rebound though. Plant #2 in the green pot seems to be the worst. stem was a lot thinner and red in comparison to the other 2.

day10 on the WW (green pots) plant3
plant_3_top2.jpg

day10_plant_3.jpg

Plant 2 the that got affected the worst with the whole nitrogen toxicity.
dayb10_plant_2.jpg

day10_plant_2_top.jpg

day10_plant_2_side.jpg

Plant 1
day10_plant_1_top.jpg

day10_plant_1.jpg

Day 4 Bianca
day_4_bianca.jpg

added a intake vent to pull cold air from floor
20151223_105742.jpg

AT day 14
Amnesia_Trance_day_14.jpg

20151229_193019.jpg

20151229_193000.jpg

WW day 16 Plant 2
WW_plant_2_top.jpg

WW_plant_2.jpg

WW Plant 3 day 16 (up potted yesterday)
WW_Plant_3.jpg

WW plant 1 Day 16 (also up potted yesterday as well) this plant has some odd wrinckling on the leaves. have not looked much in to it yet, but I plan to in a little bit. if you have any ideas please chime in what you might think it could be.
WW_Plant_1.jpg

Bianca day 10 plant 3
bianca_day_10_plant_3.jpg

Bianca_day_10_plant_3_side.jpg

Bianca Day 10 plant 2
Bianca_day_10_plant_2_side.jpg

Bianca_day_10_plant_2.jpg

Bianca Plant 1 day 10
Bianca_day_10_plant_1_side.jpg

Bianca_day_10_plant_1.jpg

I have also switched over to the 600w MH light, the plants seem to be loving it. I added another fan to help with airflow and I also opened up 2 of my ports on the tent to pull in more cold air. tent sits at 79-81 degrees F I cannot get it to come down in temp much more with out opening the screens on the tent which lets light in if the room is not a 100% dark. I also mounded up the dirt around the stems which seemed to help more than I thought it would (thanks smokers420 for that tip)
I will also upload a pic of the roots of one of the plants I up potted, I thought it looked pretty cool. was pretty easy to do as well, so any first timers don't be to afraid, I did it about 30~ hrs after watering, I lightly squeezed the outside of the pot a few times then turned it upside down. First one pretty much fell right out second one I had to give it a few taps to get it to come out. (I have a pic of WW plant 1 roots)

Hope everyone enjoyed the holidays! :blunt:

WW plant 1 Day 16 (also up potted yesterday as well) this plant has some odd wrinckling on the leaves. have not looked much in to it yet, but I plan to in a little bit. if you have any ideas please chime in what you might think it could be.

Wrinkly deformed leaves is ph problem most the time, Have you checked your ph on your run off?

So just watered my bianca plants and was able to test run off. Turns out my ph level on the run off water is 5.9-6.0 so it's a bit acidic. Anyone have any suggestions as to what product I should use to raise ph?. I am using distilled water my tap water measured to about 7.5 ph maybe start using tap water?

NewGrower make sure you adjust soil pH slowly over several days time, and check pH often as you go. Radical changes in pH may cause osmotic shock damage to the roots. You can add small amounts of sodium bicarbonate or lime to raise ph bud. Sounds like your tap water has a better ph then the distilled water. If you do start using tap water i would suggest putting it in gal jugs and letting it set a few days before adding to your girls.:high-five:

well figured I would give a little update since these plants are a bit stressed, as is the owner. Smokers420, you have been awesome on helping me out and I greatly appreciate it. I look forward to seeing your reply's so for that :thanks:

To start off, I should of thought ahead on getting more dirt... I don't know why I didn't think I would need much dirt but I was wrong. After many attempts to get soil here by Tuesday its just not going to happen. So I had no choice but to use the soil I have left and up pot 2 of the Bianca's in to 1 gallon smart pots rather than the 3 gallon. Also noticing Deficiency's in some of the plants (lots of pics below)

I did a lot of reading on what I should do about the deficiency's and I settled with getting Dolomite Lime and some Cal Mag which should be here early this week. My plan is to try some of that and see how it goes. I am nervous about how good it will work since I have already Up potted my plants.

White Widow Plant 1, this plant has the wrinkled leaves. trying to sort out my PH problems
WW_plant_11.jpg

WW_day_21_plant_1.jpg

WW_day_21_plant1.jpg

WW plant number 2, this one is the plant I left in the smaller pot for a extra few days due to me running out of dirt. After upotting it is starting to show some deficiency.
WW_day_21_plant_2_top.jpg

WW_day_21_plant_2_side.jpg

WW_day_21_plant_2_back.jpg

WW_day_21_plant_2.jpg

WW plan 3, this one I Fim'ed a few days back and it seems to be doing good. not noticing much deficiency's with this plant. I also notice the growth underneath the top leaves is taking off in comparison to the one I did not top.
WW_Plant_3_day_21.jpg

My Crop :circle-of-love:
CROP17.jpg

Bianca Plant 1, these are really light green but they seem to be just taking off like crazy.
Bianca_plant_1.jpg

Bianca plant 2
Bianca_Plant_2.jpg

Amnesia trance day 19 is finally showing health good growth after up potting.
Amnesia_Trance_day_19.jpg

as always I would love to hear what you guys think about those plants and if you have any advice on using Dolomite that would be awesome!

Quick update time (pics are a few days old). Plants seem to be doing pretty good, I get my soil today so I plan to up pot the last 2 Bianca's right away. I have topped all 3 WW along with started LST on them as well. So far they have reacted good and they are getting a lot bushier. I have also started using a little bit of Dolomite and it has seem to be helping as far as I can see. Will measure runoff next Watering. I am heavily leaning on going with a Scrog so I might go get some supplies to make that with in the next few days.

Amnesia Trance day 24
AT_side.jpg

AT_top.jpg

Bianca 1
Bianca_1_side.jpg

Bianca_1_top.jpg

My Crop :cheer:
crop18.jpg

White Widow Xtrm Plant 3 day26
WW_plant_3_side.jpg

WW_plant_3_top.jpg

White Widow Xtrm Plant 2 day 26
Ww_plant_2_side.jpg

WW_plant_21.jpg

White Widow Xtrm Plant 1 day 26
WW_plant_1_top.jpg

WW_plant_1_side.jpg

Bianca 2
Bianca_2_top.jpg

Bianca_2_side.jpg

Hi, newgrower!

Your plants actually look gorgeous -- +reps for good work!

The wrinkliness of the new growth is totally within the range of normal, I think. I wouldn't sweat it. And don't worry too much about little spots and so forth -- note them and keep an eye on them, but you don't have to react to everything. I think that's the biggest lesson we need to learn as new growers :) Take care of the environment and let the plants grown themselves. (Note that the person who is saying this to you is also the woman who freaked out because a couple of her plant's early leaves looked twisted :) It's because we care about the plants that we obsess over them!)

Dolomite lime, a natural buffer, may help with pH (just scratch a little into the surface soil) but don't worry about pHing your runoff. One of the benefits of soil is that it takes care of the pH itself :)

You've got them in soil, they're growing beautifully, I think you're doing a great job!

Back
Top Bottom