1st Time Grow - Shiva Skunk - Advice Welcome

Re: 1st time grow-Shiva Skunk - Advice Please

There are also teas you can use since you're going organic, how often do you feed? Like every other watering is something or every 2 so you don't lock it out.

Finally got internet hooked up....

exile19...iv seen that but havent looked into it to much... ill take a closer look. i drink a lot of tea so maybe itll be a cool extension of that.... feeding i just started yesterday....very light feeding..thank you for the heads up about locking it up.... im going to stick o every other watering for now.....the stuff are pellets and i grind them up with water and feed.....its ment to be put in the soil and long lasting but i dont like that at all...idk if u guys have smelt guano before but man its got a unique smell to it....smells like shit......lol

i also believe i cant say im growing organic anymore since i started using epsom salt as well... just used a little but from what i read its not organic... i transplanted and man o man soo man roots it was awesome..... got new setup with fan and vent.... itll stay there the rest of the time...

Antics i noticed i was starting to get heat problems.. the leaves started curling up slightly and the would turn like sideways..... i got the fan going and fixed...... i dont have the fan on all the time....

the stem is getting really tough and strong.... the one thing iv noticed is that the bottom leaf is kinda of yellow but its had that from the start or maybe im starting to be one of those over protective mothers...... i think ull be able to see it in the picture. i believe its from having it to close to the light awhile back...on the same leaf u see the tips yellow...barely..... or the plant isnt wasting time on it anymore and letting it die....

still no ph tester but havent felt the need.... also my soil comes with perlite i believe so i didnt mix my soil with anything...

my 2 cents so far....

iv read that having good soil from the start makes life easy.. cant say if my soil is great quality but i can definitely see how that can be a truth

one way i believe to check how ur plants doing is by touching the leaves everyday not tight but rub them alittle..im starting to notice the difference between dry leaves like crunchy and nice moist leaves... this can help with knowing if the light is being to strong or humidity to low... even air flow...

p.s. strawberry plant still there...

setup
earl.jpg

older pics that i didnt get a chance to show

5008.jpg
10388400_1437191483202577_397797232_n.jpg

up to date pics - 5/27/2014

1378012_1437748186480240_8358160387368740367_n.jpg
10363682_1437748169813575_1015437024228792414_n.jpg
10313834_1437748146480244_8432431735218662214_n.jpg

Hey man, have you decided on nutrients? If not consider general hydroponics flora 3 part series. Cheap and effective. Its all I use and it can be used in soil, not just hydro don't let the name fool ya. I'm doing Lucas formula that only requires 2 of the 3 part system.
If you want the best yield and yoiu got the time you should look into scrog net. I use chicken wire. This way u can spread 1 plant over the whole grow area maximizing light.
Your plant is looking good, some sort of pH tester you should get, even if its a liquid test. Do you have a thermometer and hygrometer?

Stumped....
most likely im going to go with your recommendation on nutrients... for now im just using the guano dung and some epsom..... fed today
a forth of a table spoon of the guano and a 4th of the salt.... just cause i dont want to start to strong.....

i topped it last night and it still looking fine...

worried now about not having a ph tester so im going to get one as well... also i read about ec testers i believe is the name.... anyone have one or recommend one... going to pull clones from this plant for sure... i have an extra seed but thats just for worst case scenario.....

i am ashamed to say but the only thermometer i have for now is a fish tank one.. which well i think is working fine but... i am the noob.. so will see if i get one too..

thanks about the scrog net... im going to do something for sure..... iv heard about bending the plant not snapping it but pulling the top to the edge and allowing the branches to grow up... any thoughts on that?

and yeah im glad to see its growing and not dying... love sitting there and just watching it... smoking music and reggae in the background... cant wait till i can light it up...

on my list...
ph tester..... any recommendations?... doesnt have to be the cheapest... i saw a yellow brick looking one...
ec tester.... should i bother?
nutrients.....ghf 3 part
hygrometer... thinking about it

im not going to fim.... like i said i topped it....i have some rods holding the bottom leaves down to get some more light.... also took off the first two circle leaves from the bottom...

i ate the top and the leaves.... i can imagen using this in salads... maybe some day someone will make weed salads... not about getting high but flavor... just a thought...

LAST NIGHT :::: 5/29th

10363933_1438373143084411_738963732658704953_n.jpg
10345820_1438373133084412_7943201108935749584_n.jpg

what else can i do for now?

Update.... im going to stay to once a week updates....

iv trimmed the plant and i am main-lining

having problems with praying leaves or taco shapped leaves...not all... random ones.....
its not nutrition cause i havent feed that much...
its not heat... temp is good... have fan
i have epsom salt...
i think its ph.... in process of getting tester...
nuts are on the way ghf going to do lucas formula...thanks to stumped :Namaste:
got coco husk but not using it...maybe thin top layer to help crom soil drying out....
thinking of getting more lights ..... since u can never have enough...
i left two extra leaves cause i felt full circle of intake might be good for now....
stem is realy strong...

advice is always welcomed....

upgrade...

iv focused on nuts and soil and didnt realize iv been making a very noob mistake.....taken down the aluminum foil.... painted the walls white..... maylar if i come across it... using one maylar car windshield protector...
got 2 more cfls cool white....

finally have ph tester... it was at 8.. got it down to 6.5

created a hud for the lights...

my pot is cracked so im thinking of transplanting to a 10L bucket.... already did 1 transplant so worried about doing it again.......

OK, sorry for being gone for awhile. But I would not worry about PH. that is just another thing that could you could go chasing after..Meaning like too high than try to change than too low, could end up killing plants. Think of it like this, rain water has a high variable and soil could make that change also. So too many variables to really keep track of. And Nutrients also, can be a huge variable so try to keep even on that as well. The thing is all instinct really, so try to figure out what you have and what the plant needs. main-lining is really just for multiple buds and looks like you are on the right track. Do not go for volume. what you want is quality not quantity. Keep going at it and it will come to you :) if you have any more questions feel free to ask

Thanks for the break down and trying to keep me from over stressing... :Namaste:

something i noticed today was white dots on the plant...
iv read its either from
1) mites
2)mold
3) over fert

i dont see any bugs or webs or nothing under the leaves.. i looked into it.

the mold from what i gather rubs of or is more like a powder... i dont have that issue

they dont rub off and thats why im guessing its over fert.. i havent used much atleast i thought i didnt use much.. so im going to not use it anymore and wait for the nuts... i did a normal water today and it was on schedule ( soil was dry )

i dont know what else it could be... anyone seen this before?....

one thing I noticed, was you have the fan leaves pinned down, should be the node right where you cut it. The two that (v) off from the main stem. :) and for the white dots, think maybe should just use normal water for couple weeks and see what it turns into. Remember try to not rush into fixing things, (of course reading can help identify when a prob does start) but relax and take your time to identify.

hey Fatal,

yeah the leaves. well im just doing everything i can with this plant.. i was going to try (still am) to re vegg after i grow it.. so i was keeping the leaves to help reboot the plant also as a firewall just incase i over feed or anything since they are the first leave they would burn first or take the main shock but i noticed to much energy being used up by them so i ended up cutting them.....

the dots are me looking to close... everything is fine...

im doing nuts every three days...
light feed GHF..lucas form... i feed 1 liter instead of 16..8.. im doing 2..1..since its originally by gallon
i found coconut husk at ikea lol.. so im using that on top as a light shield for the soil from drying fast... also from what i hear it has good things in it.. but its from ikea so who knows but ikea is from Sweden and they do shit right so im going with that....

iv made my own co2 producer just cause i thought why not... yeast, water, sugar,....more sugar then yeast....
idk if its really working.. ima say not really cause from what i read the amount i need to make a difference is higher then what any 2 bottles rigged together can make but like i said... more then before so why not...

started with 2 tops tried two clones... so interesting how different things happened... one is dead the other is the same.... exactly the same... so im assuming its spending time growing roots... tips getting burn but i plan to cut them and from what i read the plant will suck the goodness out of them to grow so for now w.e.... the one that died was interesting it would be good one day then bad... after a week of this.. i noticed it started curling its leave like an octopus... and thats when i felt something is wrong so i pulled it out.. and i found a moving larva.. transparent but moving... havent looked into what it was but well.. bugs.... killed it.. cleaned the area and covered the other one that is alive and im just waiting to see whats going on... but i feel its ok...for now... lol.....

im not going to 8 tops gona leave it at 4... like some one told me.... got to go for quality not quantity:Namaste:

one of my tops is the midget... so im bullying the three down with pipe cleaners and keep the baby alone to grow..

every 2 days iv been pinching leaves off from the lower area cause its taking up light....

im happy with the progress.. not rushing the vegg.. im thinking 1 or 2 weeks more then flower.. will see

starting to look real good. :) keep it up! and did the right thing for bugs, clean and kill all of them. :goodjob:

thanks man...

transplanted to bigger bucket.. which was right time.. it was out growing its old one... roots every where...usually need to feed every three days but it was dry on day two so i figured it had lots of roots... its in a 10 liter bucket.. which i think is like 2 and a half gallons..... it took the transplant great.. next day already growing again... happy plant, happy farmer :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom