First Time Grow - LED - Advice Welcome!

stevenepstein

hey there im new to growing and this is my first time ever. i am growing in my closet, i have 1 135watt LED UFO light, a lasko box fan and some water, i amvery very poor, i found the ufo in a abondon house, i was looking at some all purpose plant food and some super bloom at walmart. i dont know what im doing as far as growing.. like i said its my first time ever. any feedback any advice is much appreciated.. i will upload some picturess in a few mins

Re: some advice please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:welcome:

The best advice is read, read, and read some more. Check out the how to grow MJ link below. The link has great info on growing. Also if you want feedback on your grow you might want to start a Journal on here.

:peace:

If you decide to start a journal,the combined knowledge of expert growers here will help you along the way.I would definitely read as the general said and hopefully you have a camera to upload pictures.Its a lot easy to show the problem then to explain it trust me:)

For first time growers I would suggest using dirt as its cheap and provides a good buffer as you will learn from reading the growing tutorial..

Hope that helps...Solo

yes that helps, im using some organic soil with some perlite on top, how do i start a journal?

Help my cause

420 Magazine
these are the pictures of my closet grow room, its only been 4 days, i germanated the seeds i didnt use a paper towel, they went straight from water to the pots, like i said im using 1 135watt LED UFO light, and a lasko box fan on the 1 setting, with some organic soil, with perlite on the top. i dont have any plant food or bloom anything... im very poor, i cant afford anything, i got lucky with the light. these are just regular seeds nothing great,.... please help me

Re: help my cause

:welcome:no pics yet? I would grow them to 8 inches under 24 hrs of light, then switch light to 12 on & 12 hrs off, after a week or 2, they will show their sex. Then throw the boys far away and grow the girls back under 24 hours of light until 10 inches, then switch to 12/12 again, until buds are done (2-3 months from now)best of luck to you:peace:

ok i am going to try and figure out the picture thing, the strain is just some regular sensi... i got the seeds out of a bag i got. the pots havent even sprouted yet, and today is the 5th day in the soil.... i dont have any plant food or nutrients of any kind. i have 9 dollars in my pocket i dont know how far i can get with that, lol... i am however a little nervous that not putting the seeds in a paper towel during the germination, i put them in some distilled water for about 3 days, i saw it in a youtube video. i thought i could learn through there... not so good so im here wanna learn the right way to do this...stand-by for pictures i have 3 of them i just need to learn how to put them in posts. oh yeah my temperature in my closet is between 70 and 85 degrees, should i turn my fan up some?

100_10536.JPG
100_10546.JPG
100_10535.JPG
these are the pictures i took, take a look and tell me how to make it right,please

ok im starting to get the hang of this, and i thank everyone reaching out to me for advice, you dont know what this means to me.i wanna take a minute to tell you about myself, my name is steven im 27, i just moved out on my own with my girlfriend of 2 years. we inherited a house from her mom and we have a roommate named ron he is 55 and he is a friend of my girlfriends mom. we live so far into the country that without a vehicle you are soooo stuck. our roommate drives us to town on saturdays to go food shopping(thank god for foodstamps) and my license is suspended, so i cant drive.. i have a bad case of ADHD i have little to zero attention spand, my girlfriend does everything for me, so im growing to medicate and try to just be a normal person and try to find work somehow.. i hate to go on but thats all i can say about me... im only doing this cause i feel on this site i have found a good place to be, instead of facebook or any other places, so once again thank everyone for your support and love and advice.

:welcome:

The best advice is read, read, and read some more. Check out the how to grow MJ link below. The link has great info on growing. Also if you want feedback on your grow you might want to start a Journal on here.

:peace:

Good advice but I'd like to add this: And then read more, a lot more!
Spend some time on here and look around. Get to know the site & how to use it. Read some journals and try to find a few people that sound like they walk the walk. Follow them. Before asking questions, look them up. Odds are that someone has asked (and gotten answers) the question before. You will find things you haven't even thought about. You might find a way to do something a different and better way. Once you've established yourself with a few successful growers, you will obtain a "comradeship" that you will enjoy for as long as you wish. There is a LOT of information on here. Some is good and some is not so good. EVERYONE had the same thing starting out as you do. We have all made mistakes. Learn from both yours and others. There is always another way to do something, be open to suggestions, BUT take EVERYTHING with a "grain of salt" because what works for one person might not work for another...

hell yeah thank you, bad news i found my sproutling out of the soil and dry, i messed it up. so im germinating more seeds and start fresh

ok so its day 6 and i still have no sprout in either of the 3 pots, so im almost done germinating some new ones, now my problem is that i have been reading and i just can grasp it, so what ima do is put these ones in a paper towel for 2 days and then start them in plastic red cups. and on saturday im going to get all purpose plant food and a container of super bloom mix it in the water and feed it some plant food for a while for the veg and then hit it with the bloom for flowering, 2 questions, does this sound like a good idea? and 2 is a mix of about 60 -65 percent soil,and about 35-40 % perlite, is that ok? oh yea if you look at my pictures should i lower my light or is it good where it is? wish me luck!!!!!!

there are many germination techniques that do work, that one may work for you.i would not feed your seeds any nutrients until the plants have established themselves and are 4-5 inches tall and have 5 nodes. I have used peat moss, perlite and vermiculite to grow plants in for years, but soil with perlite and vermiculite may work well also. I do not have a UFO LED light but i do know they are hung from 18"-2'5" from the plants, you may have to experiment by lowering your lights until you either see plant leaves reacting badly or bleaching to the LED light.

ok i will try that, yea that method for seeds works really good, im going to but them in the paper towel today, til i start them in the plastic cups, and after the 5 nodes i apply the plant food? how often?

Re: Help my cause

Steven

Congrats on the light and the start of your room. I might save that light for later when they are a bit bigger and you are going to bloom. For now a nice full spectrum CFL would be better and less expensive to veg with. When you want to bloom add the LEDs, There is SO much to tell folks write books about it so your open question for help is daunting. Start reading like here How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know and then ask more pointed questions, you will get more response.

Good luck

Re: help my cause

Another bummer. I was hoping the sativa sided plants would not get rot as they only have little puffs of buds, denied. I found rot on the haze this morning. Oh well I am going to start a slow harvest now maybe just taking tops... I will be chopping broccoli tonight :cheesygrinsmiley:

ok so today i put my seeds in paper towels and finishing up on the germination, packing plastic cups with my soil/perlite mix, going to get all purpose plant food and some super bloom today, and im lowering my UFO LED light down some... im really excited to do this the right way, AND SUPER SHOUT OUT TO KINGJOHNC for all your support and wisdom. i will be uploading weekly picture to show my progress or problems. im going to start tomorrow and show everyone my seedlings, and im going to take pictures of step by step of putting them in the pots so i can get help, if i put them in too deep or not deep enough, how wet to make the soil, or anything else anyone can think of.... thank you to everyone for the help. KINGJOHN YOU DA MAN!!!

Back
Top Bottom