First Time Grow - LED - Advice Welcome!

ok awesome im doing something right!!!, today is day 4 and the sprout is sprouting, looks healthy, doing good. my only worry is that the seeds were not feminized so i dont know the sex of the plant.anyway to sex the plant before it sprouts seeds or white hairs? or is that the only way to sex a plant? maybe i should look it up. sounds good

ok awesome im doing something right!!!, today is day 4 and the sprout is sprouting, looks healthy, doing good. my only worry is that the seeds were not feminized so i dont know the sex of the plant.anyway to sex the plant before it sprouts seeds or white hairs? or is that the only way to sex a plant? maybe i should look it up. sounds good

Here is a link that has great info for a new grower.
How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

yeah i looked it up on here and it said about the hole in the bottom of the seed, that is 100% they said so i think im in good shape, im so excited this will be my first grow ever, i will be so proud of my self for doing this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

awesome day 5 and still sprouting and getting green!!!!!!!!!! im just going to water for the first 2 or 3 weeks and then im going to start the plant food, my only question is, i know you have to put a tablespoon in 1 gallon of water, how much do i water the plant with? 1 cup,,1/2 a cup i dont know and i dont wanna over do it?

I recommend you use pH adjusted water until the plants are 4-5 inches tall and have 5 nodes of growth. when they are 4-5 inches tall and have 5 nodes of growth introduce them to 1/4 strength nutrients. 1 tablespoon per gallon does sound like a lot of nutrients for small plants. you can either water a small amount each day just to keep the soil moist or water just until run off is observed and leaves them for a few days without water when they are small. the goal is just to keep the soil moist, how much you need to water to achieve that is dependent on too many factors to give you a measurement that you should use.

I recommend you use pH adjusted water until the plants are 4-5 inches tall and have 5 nodes of growth. when they are 4-5 inches tall and have 5 nodes of growth introduce them to 1/4 strength nutrients. 1 tablespoon per gallon does sound like a lot of nutrients for small plants. you can either water a small amount each day just to keep the soil moist or water just until run off is observed and leave them for a few days without water when they are small. the goal is just to keep the soil moist, how much you need to water to achieve that is dependent on too many factors to give you a measurement that you should use.

i dont know what any of that means? no offense but i just dont understand what you are saying

the node's are where the branches come off a plant, the internode's are the space between the places where the branches come off the plant. Often the water coming out of your water taps has a pH range that is too high for plants to grow properly so it needs to be adjusted downward. you should pH adjust your water. you will need a pH test kit, a small 3cc syringe you can get from a pharmacy and some pH down. you may be able to get the pH test kit and the pH down at Home Depot or Rona or a hydro shop or online. when i refer to run off i mean the water that drains through the pot and comes out the bottom of the pot. I can not give you an amount that you need to water your pots. I recommend you use 1/4 of the recommended dosage to give your plants when they are 4-5 inches tall and have places for 5 branches coming off the stems and not before then.

here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

3cc syringe

3cc_syringe.JPG

pH test kit

pH Test Kit, 1 oz - Access Hydroponic

pH down

pH Down, 1 lt - Access Hydroponic

Re: some advice please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok im starting to get the hang of this, and i thank everyone reaching out to me for advice, you dont know what this means to me.i wanna take a minute to tell you about myself, my name is steven im 27, i just moved out on my own with my girlfriend of 2 years. we inherited a house from her mom and we have a roommate named ron he is 55 and he is a friend of my girlfriends mom. we live so far into the country that without a vehicle you are soooo stuck. our roommate drives us to town on saturdays to go food shopping(thank god for foodstamps) and my license is suspended, so i cant drive.. i have a bad case of ADHD i have little to zero attention spand, my girlfriend does everything for me, so im growing to medicate and try to just be a normal person and try to find work somehow.. i hate to go on but thats all i can say about me... im only doing this cause i feel on this site i have found a good place to be, instead of facebook or any other places, so once again thank everyone for your support and love and advice.

Well I can already tell that you are a truthful guy Steven and I think you will go along way here.I have myself been stuck at a house out in the boondocks for a couple of years when I was younger so I think I know where you are coming from.

With ADHD it will be harder for you to learn all the ups and downs of growing but thankfully you found this site.Most of the members here are very helpful and will walk you through it and after a couple of grows you will be on your way and can in turn help other people on here learn what you have.

I see that KJC has found his way here and he will definitely help you on your way as he has helped me.

I will continue to drop by as I have subscribed to the thread to give you my 2 cents but I don't think it will be needed will all the experience members already contributing...Good luck on your grow:):):) Solo

ok my days where off, i planted the seed on the 10th of sept, and today is the 16th oh wait my days are fine,,,,wake n bake rules!!..
ok take 2- today is day 6 sprout is looking good, i will post a pic today-1 of the sprout maybe 2, but then im gonna post a pic of my HPS equipment, just give me some time they will be up here then i can show you what im talking about, @KJC-thanks for the chart its gonna help alot, and @SOLO- thanks for understanding me a little bit and where im coming from....-ONE LOVE to all

what does that mean? i got the hps system from my roommates kid,so i dont know really anything about it, i just know a little about the UFO light,

but today is 1 week in the soil, and i feel pretty confident about this!! so im just gonna keep doing what is working right now which is water every 2 days til its big enough for the plant food, and then put it into big medium sized pot continue to veg it for about few weeks and then start the 12/12 cycle and hit it with the bloom booster for a few weeks or so then flush the soil with strictly water and wha-la. so thats my plan if you it sounds like a good one please feel free to tell me so, if its not such a good plan tell me how i could go about doing it better, please it's just i feel as if the ball is rolling now and it's not like my first run just water and sunlight, so ghetto, but in 4 months it was soo lame its was about 7 in tall with a very small amount of flowers on it so i thought to just cut it down and start this way. i didnt even get 1 stupid little gram off it, it was weak as hell, so now that i have my recipe straight now it is time to get cooking, so yeah, im really proud of my self for doing this and to have this community here to support me and lend some friendly advice. thank you to KJC for showing mad love and to SOLO for the advice.. much love so i will be back tomorrow for my next post or maybe later, i dont know im gonna be pretty busy today with yardwork...damn its outside. One Love

Basically it is a really powerful light for both veg and flower. You can actually switch the bulb out(Veg= MH bulb) and replace it with a different kind(Flower=HPS bulb), flip the switch and voila! Now ready for a HUGE grow. Careful though, don't touch the bulb EVER with bare hands, the oil gets left behind heats up and cracks/explodes the bulb.

Anyways, it looks like you got a HPS bulb in there right now, why not give it a go and see what it's like :D

Good luck, glad to see your excited, you are gonna have some tasty lovely ladies to smoke within a couple of months!

you have a 1000 watt 120 volt 9 amp dual ballast that can power either a Metal Halide light bulb or a High Pressure Sodium light bulb. you most likely have a 1000 watt High Pressure Sodium light bulb in your reflector. if you are able to get a 1000 watt Metal Halide light bulb you could switch the light bulbs and set the switch to MH and have a 1000 watt Metal Halide light bulb for vegetative growth. you see the switch on the ballast that is what switches the wiring from powering a Metal Halide light bulb to a High Pressure Sodium light bulb. always use disposable latex or nitrile gloves when handling the light bulbs as the oils from your hands can greatly decrease their longevity.

so i should quit the UFO bulb? how much power does the HPS systems use? and i kinda touched the bulb putting it together,oopppsss, i didnt know that its bad to touch the bulb.

Back
Top Bottom