First Time Grower - Advice Welcome

Lusifers-Budz

hello 420mag and hello wo every one else here to id like to start off with saying this is my first time growing and i dont know much so if i could get some helpful times and tricks that would be great and right now my plant is 2 weeks and in my closet in a box with white paper on the sides and two 23 watt clf lights and a fan inside
weed_every_day_2.jpg

right now im seeing some yellowing on my plant at only 2 weeks old im using MG slow release 19-6-12
and have a bottle with shultz plant food 10-15-10 and some dissolved mg slow release only a little bit vary little bit but again im not sure if i should use it. my plants run at a 24/0 light cycle.
weed_plant_yellow_leaves.jpg

if someone can help me or provide me with some answers to why my plant is yellowing tthat would help me alot thank you in advance. ill up date u tomorrow with some more pics :)

Re: First time grower might need some help

subscribed. i would not use the miracle grow soil in the future, the time released fertilizer that is has often burns cannabis plants and messes up any added fertilizer. i would not add any nutrients to your plant until it is 5 inches tall and has 5 sets of growing nodes. you can lower your light to 5 inches from your plant.

week 2 day 3 here good morning 420 mag and everyone else on my journal yesterday i started seeing yellowing leafs so i stopped use of any extra nutes just slow release cuz i cant really take it out lol but this is my girl this morning shes looking good but the yellowing seems to be getting worse but again im hoping its just nute burn i flushed her last night now im seeing how that works for the week so here she is
weed_week_2_day_3.jpg

can someone else guess what this is maybe because this is my first grow i kinda think of it as my last so i try not to mess up as much but i guess i did somewhere please help

Hey I'm a rok also but what is the ph of the water you are giving the plant ? And she's just a baby so try not to feed her anything since she is so small at least not until u really need to and seeing that u have nutes in your soil u really don't need to yet .. It may be a nitrogen deficiency, that's what they usually need to be green and beautiful in veg stage ... As I said Im new also on my 1st grow so I'm not sure but my advice would be to water with good chemical free water and let her sort out herself ! Good luck !!! Subscribed

thank you so much for the info i dont know the ph of the water cuz im tight with money but i live in oshawa ontario if that helps at all lol its normal tap water and i let it sit in room temp for about a day before i used it and nutes im no longer using but the ones in the soil cuz i cant realy take them out lol and again thanks for the info

one of the factors a grower must get under control is pH adjustment. you want a pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil. you should pick up a pH test kit, some pH down and a syringe to measure the pH down. i use a 3 cc syringe to measure the pH down myself.

https://www.google.com search general hydroponics pH test kit

here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

and could i make it more acidic if i added i little bit of vinegar to the water ? i did see that somewhere

Normal ph of water from city is 7.5-8 so that is dosnt rust up in pipes or somthing along thos lines, if you have a water softener then your ph is normaly around 7 ish... but i sould go buy a pen to test your ph asap... they are 50-100$ and worth every penny my friend!

what im telling you man is the money you spend on vinegar or any other remidy you can go buy ph up and down for like 10$ for a bottle that will last your whole grow if not more..... i wouldnt skimp on CERTAIN things because the money you save you might just screw your whole plant that you just spent (who knows how much) trying to grow...

just word to the wise ; )

Ph is very important and tap water is a waste of time , well at least I think so my babies were having a lot of problems before I got good water ! Try to catch rain water or buy a 2$ gallon of bottles water , it usually has a neutral ph which is good for your soil grow ! Also u don't have to buy those expensive ph testers u can buy the 10$ test kit and that's a vile that u half fill with water and add a few drops of tester to get the color ! The color gives the result ... It's really worth it and u can order off amazon or get it at any hydroponic store cheap !

but again im low on money and can afford it could i just add vinegar to the water to make it a bit more acidic ?

thannk you for the info it really helps and thats to everyone else to im going to catch rain water and buy some battled water to see if it help my little plant :)

Back
Top Bottom