First Time Grow - LED - Advice Welcome!

bad news, the cup that the plant was in fell over, but i instantly put it in the bigger pot, and tried to save it, the roots are pretty descent size so i watered some soil put it in there and hoped for the best.... i know they can bounce back from some stuff, i just hope i can save it

ok its 4:20 awesome, so anyway its day 14 and i see no damage to the plant, its looks pretty ok. that gives me hope, that it will be ok. so it has about 3/ 4 nodes.. and i was wondering if i should start plant food in the next week or two. i try to upload a picture so you can see and tell me what you think

100_11446.JPG
100_11425.JPG
100_11385.JPG
100_11346.JPG
100_11338.JPG

so this is day day 15 from seed, and its day 3 after it fell. i think its doing ok. i dropped my light down, i didnt know if that was a good idea or not. and i was wondering if it was big enough to start with the plant food, let me know what you guys think

so its day 16, and all is well, the plants seems to have made a good recovery, so monday im going to start with the water and plant food, now it has options for outdoor plant and indoor plant, what do i go with? cause im am mimicking the outdoor weather, im guessing to use indoor, with it says to mix 1 tablespoon in 1 gallon of water, now how much do i feed the the plant

If it was me, I'd wait at least another week to feed. There is plenty of food in the soil for that baby. You don't want to burn it. Also, you plant is not very stretchy. Your light was about right where you had it before.

I recommend you do not use nutrients before your plants are 4-5 inches tall and have 5 nodes of growth. when your plants are 4-5 inches tall and have 5 nodes of growth i would start them on 1/4 the recommended dosage of your nutrients.

so i should mix the tablespoon into a gallon of water, but how do i measure out how much to water the plant, im just growing 1 plant for now just to learn how to do it, or should i just mix 1/4 of a tablespoon into the gallon? i still dont know how to measure how much to water the plant

That little cup is not going to need much. So, there are three teaspoons in a tablespoon. There are 16 cups in a gallon. You are going to want to mix about one cup of nute-water. That means you want to use 1/64th of a tablespoon to make 1 cup of 1/4 strength nutes. Moving forward, 1/8th teaspoon of nutes (1/8th teaspoon is the smallest spoon commonly found in a measuring spoon set) is 3x more than you need for one cup of water.

Probably you should mix 1/8th teaspoon of the nutes with 3 cups of water and toss what you don't use down the drain.

ok today is day,19 and it already has a very sweet smell to it, i lean down and put my nose to it and sniff, and oh boy i love that smell...... leaves are nice rich green, the nodes are coming in strong and healthy.... i cant wait to see what happens when i get down with this plant food. give me a little bit and i put some new pictures....

so true, and i have just started with a 1/8th of nutes, with 3 cups of water, i thought it would be good idea to feed twice a week, wed and saturday, is that ok? or how should i do it?

Feed every other watering, and only feed or water when the pot gets dry. I let mine go until the leaves start to get a little droopy before I water. I can't predict what day that will be. Don't settle on a specific day, water or feed when the soil is dry and the plant begins to show signs of being thirsty.

As the plant grows it will drink more and need water more often. It will also need more food. It's still a baby, though. It won't need that much more for several weeks yet.

When you do feed, you can start adding a little more fertilizer to the three cups of water each time. Don't add a quarter teaspoon! Just add 1/8th plus a tiny pinch. The next time you feed add 1/8th plus two tiny pinches to three cups of water, etc.

since you have started with 1/8 strength nutrients i would advise you to gradually over time increase the strength of your nutrients until you are at full recommended strength. I use nutrients every time I water unless I am flushing the medium.

Back
Top Bottom